For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to join.

I'm new to the forum and this will be my very first challenge. Very exciting!

My Regimen:

I am currently wearing braids but will soon be getting back to my sew-ins.
Wash and DC every 2 weeks.
Moisturize daily and nightly

When not in sew-ins:
Bunning it out
Co-wash 2x/week
Continue to moisturize day and night

I don't know if I joined this challenge or not. Is there a list?

I'm currently longer than my siggy pic. I keep saying I'll update but never do it. So I'll try to update right before Christmas.

I plan on wigging it up for 09. Keeping it simple by braiding the hair underneath the wig and keeping everything moisturized, sealed and DC when I take the braids down.

Last edited:
just an update from my siggy which i will update soon...im beginning to feel more confident about this challenge

CIMG9975-vi.jpg

more in fotki :o)

Updating my original post, here are my starting pics. Yes, I'm optimistic, I've undertaken more daunting tasks than this! =)

LengthCheck12092006vi-vi.jpg

Hi Ladies, I have not posted in this thread since it started.
I am being realistic.
There is no amount of OCT/MT/MTG/MN/BT and whatever else on this earth, that will make me be APL by the end of '09. Thats just how it is. I am not being pessimistic, I just don't want to set too high of goal for my hair. If APL happens in '09 that will be great, but I don't want to be disappointed, so I will start small.

On that note.... I will take a BOW.

Good luck ladies, I will lurk and see how yall are doing.:grin:

Hi Ladies, I have not posted in this thread since it started.
I am being realistic.
There is no amount of OCT/MT/MTG/MN/BT and whatever else on this earth, that will make me be APL by the end of '09. Thats just how it is. I am not being pessimistic, I just don't want to set too high of goal for my hair. If APL happens in '09 that will be great, but I don't want to be disappointed, so I will start small.

On that note.... I will take a BOW.

Good luck ladies, I will lurk and see how yall are doing.:grin:
You do realize we are talkin DEC. 09 ??????

You do realize we are talkin DEC. 09 ??????
Yes girl,, I do realise that. My hair is barely ear length right now. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment come Dec '09. I will be doing everything I can to there, I just want to be ok with the results I get at that time.

is there a challenge for short haired ( ear length ladies ) in 09? maybe collar bone or shoulder length? Now I could get with that! I feel you on the APL.... I know i'd be setting myself up for the okie doke!

Ok, I've been a member for over a year and never committed to a challenge because I was too lazy to take and post pics! :sleeping:...ok, now's the time. I'm in!

My ultimate goal is natural WL hair
I bc'd the 2nd week of october,
I plan to wear weaves/protective styles removing every 6 weeks for 2 weeks of dc until I reach apl unstretched.

I actually did this regimen this year since February while I was pregnant. I can already put my natural hair in a ponytail! (I'm not sure what kind of growth that is). I promise to take pics and post asap.

Thanks for the challenge and the support!

I want to join. I thought I already had :perplexed:

I'm SL now, so APL in 12 months shouldn't be that bad.

I'll have to take a pic after I wash my hair, b/c I just got it relaxed on Friday

My regi is;
Shampoo w/ Aphogee for damaged hair
DC w/ Perfectiv Mega Growth or ORS (blending the two is uh-may-zing)
Coffee rinse
EQP h-two leave in
alternate weeks with either rollersetting or flat-iron

New products that I bought and are dying to use:
GVP CHI 'something'
Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in

Last edited:
Yes girl,, I do realise that. My hair is barely ear length right now. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment come Dec '09. I will be doing everything I can to there, I just want to be ok with the results I get at that time.

Ok I can respect that, I was just gonna try motivate you to keep going cause you actually look longer than El, anyway good luck on your journey.

I'm in..this will be my first challenge and I'm soooo excited. This really is a great site and community that provides some great information, resources, tools and support. So thanks in advance ladies. :grin:

My regimine is to cowash once a week, wash once a week with Kenra, Elasta QP, and MT (which I'm not sure how to use best yet...I've noticed some drying and breakage when I've used it so far, so I could use some tips and advice). I use Panteen clarifying shampoo once a month when not in braids.

I moisturized every other night with Bee Mine or EVOO. I uses Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Heat Protection Spray (especially if using any heat), or Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen for shine.

I relax every 6 to 8 weeks, but hoping to stretch to 12 to 18 weeks.

I will be using as many protective hair styles as possible for as long as possible. My hair grows thicker and retains way more length with braids and other protective hair styles.

Photo512.jpg

1" below ear length in this picture, but I chopped that off because it was the left over relaxed hair. My bangs are about Cheek length and half natural and half relaxed.....

I'm in! I joined LHCF to join this challenge. lol!! I've been searching the site for a couple of weeks now so yes I'm a newbie. I thought this would be a good challenge for me because I decide to go natural 4 months ago to grow my hair long. I just cut it NL last month. The relaxers prevented my hair from growing past SL. My hubby just left to Iraq and he will return Dec 09 so this will be great motivation to grow my hair out before he gets home. I will post my regimen later on this evening. Wish me luck ladies, this will hard!

I will add a folder to my fotki page for the challenge as well
http://members.fotki.com/DiVa2BNaTuraL/

Heres my starting pic

Attachments

• DSCF0716.jpg
    DSCF0716.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok my regimen

Shampoo once every 2 weeks
DC once a week
Co-Wash every other day
Moisturize daily
Clarify once a month
Protein treatment once a month
Take vitamins daily

I also plan to add MT to my reggie at the beginning of the year

I'm in! I joined LHCF to join this challenge. lol!! I've been searching the site for a couple of weeks now so yes I'm a newbie. I thought this would be a good challenge for me because I decide to go natural 4 months ago to grow my hair long. I just cut it NL last month. The relaxers prevented my hair from growing past SL. My hubby just left to Iraq and he will return Dec 09 so this will be great motivation to grow my hair out before he gets home. I will post my regimen later on this evening. Wish me luck ladies, this will hard!

I will add a folder to my fotki page for the challenge as well
http://members.fotki.com/DiVa2BNaTuraL/

Heres my starting pic
Best wishes to you and your hubby!!!!

Happy hair growing!

I'll join too :yep:

My regimen:

Shampoo weekly
Deep Condition weekly
Chelate Monthly
Henna Monthly
Moisturize and oil every 1-2 days
Very limited amount of heat

Starting pic (depending on layers, 3 - 6 inches above apl):

AfterRollerset2-vi.jpg

Wish me luck, yall :)

I joined this challenge a while ago but I just realized I never posted a regimen. So i will be using the whole Hydratherma Naturals line. I've been using it for 3 weeks and its been working great so i'll stick with it.

Wash and DC every 5 days
Alternate between flat iroing and rollersetting once every other week
Of course using tons of heat protectant spray
Probably no protective styles until my hair gets longer
Clarify once every two weeks
Moisturize daily and seal with oil
Trim every 10-12 weeks (I just love those straight ends)
Relax every 6-8 weeks (Maybe i'll stretch at some point)
Just keeping it simple. Less is more.

If I don't make Apl by Dec no biggie. The challenge will just keep going for me until I get there. This is more of a lets see how long my hair can grow in a year challenge for me. Good luck everybody!

Will there be a new thread in Jan where we post our starting pics since Jan is the official start of the challenge? This thread is getting huge.

I'm in! I had a little bit of a setback since the school year started so...I need to get crackin!

I'm currently SL (pretty much exactly).

Regimen (a work in progress):
Wash and then DC Weekly with heat for at least 30 mins
Cut down flat ironing to once every 2 weeks or less
(If it continues to work) Seal ends with Vaseline after wash
Updos, updos, updos!
Moisturize between washes as needed with super diluted AO HSR spray

Starting pics (lol the first one looks better, but i think i'm gonna start using the pink shirt as my measuring shirt):

Attachments

• hair090208 005.jpg
    hair090208 005.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3
I'd like to join this challenge. I have no regiment set at this time, working on it now. I am NL now and am looking forward to getting to APL, my mom would be so proud. She reminds me on a regular how my hair use to be before she let me perm it andtake care it myself.

kedda0720pooh, My prayers are with you and your hubby. That would be a nice surprise for him.

Last edited:
I would like to join. I currently have a sew-in so I won't be able to post pics until January, but I am currently neck-length in the back. What are the requirements for the challenge?

I am in as well. I cut my hair off in november but my DH hated it, so now I am growing it back out. I will post pics and regime. I have braids now but will be taking them out end of December. Starting all over again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back