APL is my goal!

Regimen

2x per week
cowash/dc with Redken real control for 30 mins
dc with Giovanni 50:50 for 30 mins
Airdry using the scarf method/Rollerset/Rod set

Last edited:
Count me in. I will post my pic later.

Starting point: SL (most of hair). Had a major setback caused by a bad salon experience (went from APL to SL).

REGIMEN (just started this regimen):

Shampoo 2x month: Kenra Clarifying Shampoo
Co-wash 2x week: Hair One Jojoba Cleansing Conditioner
DC 2x week: Humectress, Keracare Humecto, NTM
Leave-in : Giovanni Direct
Daily Moisturizing: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Burdock Root (seal with whatever oil is on hand)
Protein Treatment: Keraphix 1x month
Relaxer: Phytospecific Index II, every 8 weeks (trying to stretch longer)
Growth Aid: MT 2x week overnight (apply MT/Castor oil mix the night before a wash)

I am in!
I need to start a challenge to give me some motivation. My current hair length is past my ears but not yet shoulder length i am hoping to reach BSL by 09. I dont have a regime just yet but i've reading a lot of the posts on LHCF so I'll be putting one together and posting it along with more progress pics.

Count me in. My regimen is as follows:

WEEKLY REGIMEN:

Daily co-washes with hydrating conditioner

Pre-treatment:

Queen Helen’s Cholesterol Treatment – 15 minutes w/heat

Shampoo:

Tuesday & Saturday – Kenra Deep Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Condition:

Kera Care or Mizani moisturefuse Conditioner – 45 minutes

Dry hair and apply GVP “The Conditioner” Leave-in and seal wet hair with jojoba oil

Moisturizing Leave-in:

Care Free Curl – Cream Activator

Try to remember scalp massages daily

Monthly – Shea butter hot oil treatment
Once a month – Nexxus Emergency treatment

Realistically speaking does your hair have to be a certain length in Jan to actually achieve this?

For instance I see many shoulder length ladies in here whereas I am barely or just hitting neck length (and in my mind I'm like "ooooo yeeeeah baby Dec 09 I WILL be APL!!")

but should I be packing my bags and heading to a shoulder length by 09 challenge :look:

I'm in also. This is the ONLY challenge I will join for 2009.

My current regimen consists of:

Texturzer
3-4 times a year, first scheduled for March/April '09

Ayurvedic Care
Henna Treatment every 2 weeks
Henna Gloss alternating week of Henna Treatment

Daily
CO Wash w/Aussie's Moist Conditioner
Apply MegaTek Mix to scalp
Apply Giovanni's Smooth as Silk to Length
Seal w/Coconut Oil Or other oil in rotation
Protective Styles

Use of shampoo kept to an absolute minimum, will use shikaki/aritha/bentonite clay for cleansing. ACV Rinses for clarifying.

Will get a photo up of my starting point shortly. I'm not quite SL, I hate using heat in my hair so I'll have to see how it I can get it straight without it.

~LaNecia

Count me in too!!!!

I am currently NL, but just shy of hitting SL (I don't want to claim it until I am Full SL though)

I have a feeling I will hit Full SL by mid 2009 so APL by Dec '09 seems do-able! :grin:

Here is my starting pic (as I will not be straightening again for a very, VERY long while!)

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDMuanBn.jpg

My Reggi is pretty simple:

1) Co-Wash once per week
2) Shampoo/Condition/Detangle/DC overnight once per week
3) Moisturize with Shea Butter
4) Seal with either Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil
5) Tie in a low-pony with a pantyhose top and slap my phoney bun on!
*I'm also in the Bunning Challenge until Oct. 2009 so this will fit perfectly!
6) I am hoping to begin Henna-ing soon! Stay tuned!!! :grin:

I'm also transitioning so anything that I can do to keep myself from BC-ing too soon helps!

Happy Hair Growing Ladies!!!

LaNecia, I've seen you on a ton of posts on the forum and you seem like quite the hair growth guru...I noticed you are using henna for your regime.

I just did my first cassia/henna/shikakai treatment last night and it went very well. Do you know if you can do henna bi-weekly while using OCT and MT or is that too much protein?

Any responses would be great!!

Realistically speaking does your hair have to be a certain length in Jan to actually achieve this?

For instance I see many shoulder length ladies in here whereas I am barely or just hitting neck length (and in my mind I'm like "ooooo yeeeeah baby Dec 09 I WILL be APL!!")

but should I be packing my bags and heading to a shoulder length by 09 challenge :look:
i feel this way as well.... i guess we can tsrive for it together

IM IN!!!!!!!! i would love to be FULL apl by the end of the year. the back of my hair tends to grow much quicker than my front. i need to figure out how to make it equal.. without using scissors. 2009 is going to be my best hair growing year yet :grin::grin: i dont have a regi down yet.. but i know im definitly going to keep it simple while having sew-ins every now n then.
happy hair growing ladiessssssss!! :yep::drunk::yep:

Girl, come on and stay in this challenge. I'm not shoulder length yet either. I can say this, don't sell yourself short, just do your best. Who knows, you may reach your goal!:look: You'll never know unless you try.:grin:

LaNecia, I've seen you on a ton of posts on the forum and you seem like quite the hair growth guru...I noticed you are using henna for your regime.

I just did my first cassia/henna/shikakai treatment last night and it went very well. Do you know if you can do henna bi-weekly while using OCT and MT or is that too much protein?

Any responses would be great!!

:wave:

Me a Guru? Nah, now I just use what I KNOW works FOR ME! After having tried and tons and tons of products over the years of being on LHCF, I've found my favorites.

The frequency of henna use, or any other treatment that is on the heavier protein side is really going to depend on your hairs ability to tolerate the protein load. My hair does SUPER well with heavy protein so I use a LOT of water/Conditioner washes to combat the dryness. I have no breakage, NO shedding. Actually for the first time in over a year, I'm very happy with my hair.

The regimen you suggested above is about what I'm doing on my own hair (MT, no OCT) but I CO wash (or at least Rinse with water) DAILY. I also use Honeyquat, Sodium PCA in my mixes to draw moisture from the air to my hair.

If you're new to henna, I'd recommend erring on the side of caution and following the less is more theory unless you know your protein tolerance. How often are you using the OCT/MT? If it's daily, scale the henna back to once every 3 weeks to once a month. See how your hair responds to it before you jump in with both feet. Don't to forget to make sure you maintain a good moisture balance for your hair. The MT by itself over time can be a bit drying, couple that with the Henna (when used frequently)....can be :nono: news (very drying).

For the record, my henna mix consists of a water base (My Herb Combo)which is a "Hair Tea" made of alfalfa, nettles, horsetail, rosemary, catnip, hisbiscus, & burdock root herbs. The henna mix: Henna, Amla, Brahmi, Bhringraj, Shikakai and Neem Powders.

Because of the properties of the ingredients in the Hair Tea, I also use this with my Mega-Tek, in a color applicator bottle to dilute the conistency. Added to that are Silk Aminos and Honeyquat.

Right now, my hair is loving it. :drunk:

HTH,

~LaNecia~

Can I please join this challenge??

I'm still tweaking my regime, and I currently do this

Co-wash every other day
Clarify every other week
deep condition with heat once a week, without heat twice a week
use Moe-gro oil every other day
moisturise with Shea butter concoction every night
Shampoo once a week

Will use Megatek and Ovation to get to where I want to be! I'm wigging it at the moment and will take my cornrows out this weekend, will post starting photo then.

Good luck ladies and happy hair growing:spinning:

Hey LaNecia,

Thanks for your help. I have been alternating between OCT and MT daily. I cowash with a moisturizing conditioner everyday and my hair seems to love that.

Just trying to deal with my breakage...I think it has something to do with the relaxer that I use. For the past year salons have been relaxing my hair with Affirm, and thats when I have noticed the breakage. It also seems to burn my scalp more and I always end up underprocessed. I think I might start texlaxing though. I like the way my hair looks underprocessed, but I guess the problem is they keep relaxing over the underprocessed hair and thats probably causing some of the breakage...anyway, long rant...

just trying to say thank you. hahahaha!! HHG

Hey all...I soooo want to be in.

You see the pic below and where I'm starting.....shame....

I've been an active forum member for about a month now, so here's where I'm at for my regimen so far:

Pre-poo: EVOO
Poo: CON (about to try Elasta QP Creme for some more moisture)
Co-Wash: up in the air (had a bad experience with VO5 last night:sad:)
DC: Aubrey Organics HSR; ORS Replenishing Pack
Protein: Aphogee 2 Min
Leave-In: Profectiv purple bottom (still searching for a good leave-in)
Daily moisture: Hawaiaan Silky 14-n-1 (:lick:)
Seal: Olive oil (soon to be coconut oil)
GA: Just got my BT today

Poo once a week
DC twice a week (on non-poo day, I'll DC on dry hair)
I will try my best to airdry each time:rolleyes: (I'm a recovering blow dry addict)
I'll apply BT every other day or so
And as far as styling, I've been bunning, wearing 1/2 wigs and I plan to get a sew in for 2 month starting in late Dec or early Jan.

That's it Divas!!! Lata!

Oh, I forgot to mention that if I have any hair twins (or former hair twins) out there....pls feel free to pass on any tips or recommendations...I love to hear other ppls experiences who may have started off with their hair condition similar to mine, and now have better hair health. (doesn't matter the length, I really care about health more) Poor Tiffers needs a break from my eternal questions...:lachen: j/k

Thanks all

I would like to join this challenge. I am currently SL. I don't have a set regimen yet. My hair has finally regrown after a long 2 yrs. I thought it would never grow back. My hair has been about an inch longer, but not much longer than that ever. It would be great so see if I can get it to grow longer.

Old regimen pre LHCF:
Co-wash 2x/wk detangle
shampoo 1 or 2x/wk detangle
leave hair damp, gel it back into a ponytail
put on phony pony
No combing through to ends of hair
This reg worked for growth but not health or strength

New regimen because I'm going to try to take care of my hair now:
I want to keep my hair straightened instead of wash and go.

I have been cowashing at least once a week. I will prob shampoo every other week. I LOVE Motions Moisture Plus conditioner, but still want to experiment

Deep conditioning under hooded dryer 1x /week (I've only done this for 3 weeks now)

MOISTURIZE! I'm still trying new things daily, but coconut and sweet almond oil are staples for sealing.

I'm wearing my hair under a half wig or rollerset/flat iron/wrap.
My last relaxer was 11/22 and I'm going to aim for an 8-10week stretch.

Use silk scarf every night

My starting pic
hair038.jpg

i dont think the start length should worry you at all. you never know what you can achieve.

i say stay with the challenge and be prepared to be amazed. A little hair TLC can go a long way!!!!

Can you all help me please. Every so often I get desires to cut my hair. Help me to stay focused. I am on this challenge as well/

Can you all help me please. Every so often I get desires to cut my hair. Help me to stay focused. I am on this challenge as well/

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS, unless you're doing a needed s&d, you'll be much closer to your goal without regrets of being scissor happy:lachen:I to have been guilty of this in the past, now I only trim when necessary.

i have the urge to do so as well......its been 2 months since my major trim and i just want to get rid of my damaged ends.

i think you should wait and see how your hair responds to your regime and maybe just dust it.

trust me it can be painfull after cutting it especially if u want some length.

Oh, I forgot to mention that if I have any hair twins (or former hair twins) out there....pls feel free to pass on any tips or recommendations...I love to hear other ppls experiences who may have started off with their hair condition similar to mine, and now have better hair health. (doesn't matter the length, I really care about health more) Poor Tiffers needs a break from my eternal questions...:lachen: j/k

Thanks all

Hey there Smiley!:wave: My hair was severely damaged and uneven when I first started. (Still uneven now because I won't cut it.:look:) You're in a better starting point that I was. Have you thought about trying Indian powders and oils? I love them! Also, I like to use Tresemme Moisturizing condtioner.:lick: I recently starting relaxing my hair with Just For Me relaxers. Happy Hair Growing!

Count me in. I am still trying to figure out a regi that works. I am currently neck length.

Here is my current pic that was taken on 11/26/08:
november08-vi.jpg

Last edited:

I was thinking that too!!

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not even neck length. Apl might be a big stretch for me. I'll try anyway and see what happens.

Why do you get the urge to cut?
I dunno, I guess that I like shorter hair. But I am willing to hang in there.:ohwell: It is in the in between length and it is starting to urk me. I donno:ohwell:. So I french braided it and tucked it away. Out of sight out of mind.:grin:

I dunno, I guess that I like shorter hair. But I am willing to hang in there.:ohwell: It is in the in between length and it is starting to urk me. I donno:ohwell:. So I french braided it and tucked it away. Out of sight out of mind.:grin:

:lol: If you prefer shorter hair, why are you growing it out? :lol:

Yeah, hiding it away when you get to one of those inbetween lengths is always best - cutting it just insures you're going to have to repeat the inbetweeness again.

Also, if you wear wigs, getting a wig in your favorite 'short' style might help ease the cutting urge. :yep:

Im in, And this I couldn't have stumbled upon tis thread at a better time. Im seriously going to stick to a challenge for once since I always do something that keeps me off track. Well ill be posting my starting picture in Jan I guess after im done taking out my braids which im currently doing in. My wrists are burning! =S.

:lol: If you prefer shorter hair, why are you growing it out? :lol:

Yeah, hiding it away when you get to one of those inbetween lengths is always best - cutting it just insures you're going to have to repeat the inbetweeness again.

Also, if you wear wigs, getting a wig in your favorite 'short' style might help ease the cutting urge. :yep:
I dunno what I want sometimes! LOL! But I will give it a shot:look:. Yes, cutting it will repeat the in between over and over, so I will leave it alone. I think I will get a wig in my favorite style to combat this issue.
Graci JK!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back