Flying to SC tomorrow to meet my online BF...

I smiled the entire time I read your initial post. :)

I know you'll take good care of yourself while you're there.

I look forward to hearing about your weekend when you get back and get settled.

(((((hugs)))))

I wish you best of luck. I met a really wonderful man back in 1995 online. I'm a little scared these days. I defenately use the Web Cam rule when I do talk to guys online. I just want to say I wish you safety and be sure to sign on while you are there and let us know how you are and listen to your spirit if you feel uncomfortable about ANYTHING. You have choices.

Blessings to you on your trip.

Honestly, I'm freaked out.

But if you like it, I love it.

Please be safe, and keep us updated, even if you just let us know you made it home safely.

Have a good time.

I guess it's too late to suggest that you let everyone know his contact information. He sound sweet but just in case... Hope you're having fun.

We'll be celebrating our 3 years together next month :drunk::drunk:

I agree with the ladies that your safety is of the utmost importance, but I just wanted to give you some hope and a happy story amongst all that :)

Best of luck to you!!!!
:yep: My situation is similar as well. Except he dropped everything, his whole life to move here. And no, we hadn't met at that point he left everything behind...we were *THAT* sure. :blush: We're almost @ the 2 years 3 months and going strong. It can happen. But a lot of the contrary can as well, so be safe and stay prayed up! I'm kinda giddy because I know what it's like...we were *there* as well. And now it's just...*sigh* If it's meant to be, it will be. No matter who says what about how you "met"
~*Janelle~*

Awww, how sweet! Four years ago I did the same thing and we are married now ;) It was one of the best weekends of my life. I hope you all have fun :)

since you've already made your decision,
i'd say not to stay at his place the first couple of nights (depending how long you are staying). I say this b/c you want to get a feel for how things really are.

Tell someone exactly where you will be.
Be alert. This is still a stranger.

i wholeheartedly agree. forming a bond online doesn't always mean it will exist when you're in person. also, when you communicate to people online it is easy for both you and them to only show your best sides. meeting off-line may mean your dynamics change.

my point is do not be blinded by the person you think he is. at this point i'd be wary to get into the mindset of believing everything about him until you can confirm this when face to face.

cynical stuff over...it's good you're over your ex. i hope your meeting and possible future with this guy with successful. good luck.

Wow. I just experienced a simmilar situation this weekend. I met my friend online and we have talked and e-mailed for over 3 months and he came here to visit. Because he works overseas we had to wait 3 months until he could come. We talk everyday and like your situation have an unimaginable chemisty. Please report back I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine. I can honestly say it was one of the best 4 days of my life thus far. I'm still on cloud 9!:grin:

Wow. I just experienced a simmilar situation this weekend. I met my friend online and we have talked and e-mailed for over 3 months and he came here to visit. Because he works overseas we had to wait 3 months until he could come. We talk everyday and like your situation have an unimaginable chemisty. Please report back I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine. I can honestly say it was one of the best 4 days of my life thus far. I'm still on cloud 9!:grin:

Good for you..hoping it blossoms and yields tremendous healthy growth!

I think that this sounds SOOOOO exciting, I hope that you have a wonderful time! He sounds really nice, I think it's great that you have spoken to his family and they are so accepting of their son and his choices in a woman, whether online or not. Enjoy!!

I hope everything went well! I met DH online in 2006 and we just recently got married on 5-25.

We met after 2 months of talking online and on the phone and felt like we knew each other forever!

Awww..hope it was all good. I went through this back in 2001 when I met my ex-fiance on a telephone chat line. We stayed together until 2005 and were even engaged for 1.5 years. Best relationship I have ever had not to mention the longest. Even though it didn't work out in the end we will always be cool and love one another.

That is so awesome (he saw those pretty Springtime toes, that's what did it :wink2: )

Let us know how everything went! I hope you are having a great time and it is everything you had hoped for and more! :-)

I'm so excited about your meet-up. I'm no stranger to on-line love and I understand how you are feeling! Anyhow, I've been following the thread...waiting for a response.

Like some of the ladies here I also met my SO online and we've been together nearly 8 years. Good for you having checked him out prior. :yep:

Your posts brought back ALOT of memories.

-A

Back