Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

I've learned that if I cowash and pull my hair into a bun in the morning, I can take it down at work and still wear my beloved wash and go without freezing head off before I get there!

I am still actively cowashing my hair about 3-4 times a week. This morning I used Nature's gate Henna Shine Conditioner.

Hi,
Thanks for all the information in this thread ive been following the thread before i joind the forum and now i think its time to join the challange . i cowash daily or every other day i use Aubry conditioners and i love them yesterday i tryed pantene but emmm i didn't like it that much ill give it an other try before i can decide to keep it or not
my hair is very short and in different layers ( the shortest is 4.5 and the longest is 8.5) i have a rat tail :) my hair is 3cb i guss
am i welcome in this challange ???

Of course you are welcome to join us! Post a starting pic if you want to. :yep:

Didnt persay cowash just deep conditioned this evening, and used herbal essence as a leave in, sealed with castor oil will cowash again tuesday I believed

Cowashed last night. I think I am going to cowash my hair every night this week, stop on Friday (my bi-weekly appointment with my hairstylist) and do a regular wash with a flat two-strand twist out and then go back to cowashing daily Dec 7th up until the end of December. This is when I will be doing a length check with starting pics. I CANNOT WAIT!!

It just hit me...if I am going to start this daily co-washing, I will be running through my good conditioner just as fast as the cheap V05 that I use in place of shampoo. Is this right? A peek into what I do:

Mix about a cup of V05 and a tablespoon of OO
Slather on dry hair
Sit (if I feel like it) for about 10-20 mins
Rinse out
Apply my good conditioner
Sit for about 10-20 minutes
Rinse out with cold water
Apply leave-in conditioner (HEY...another good conditioner I will be going through fast!)

Again, is this right?!? LOL.

Cowashed with the last of my Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner this morning. It was just alright on my texlaxed hair. I don't kow if I will be repurchasing it yet.

It just hit me...if I am going to start this daily co-washing, I will be running through my good conditioner just as fast as the cheap V05 that I use in place of shampoo. Is this right? A peek into what I do:

Mix about a cup of V05 and a tablespoon of OO
Slather on dry hair
Sit (if I feel like it) for about 10-20 mins
Rinse out
Apply my good conditioner
Sit for about 10-20 minutes
Rinse out with cold water
Apply leave-in conditioner (HEY...another good conditioner I will be going through fast!)

Again, is this right?!? LOL.

Use your good condish once or twice a week or as a leave in :)

Checking in after not checking in for a while...still cowashing daily. I've been using Aussie Moist more recently. Love what it does for my hair :)

I would like to join but my hair does not do well with air drying at all. I also do not wear weaves. I know that some people put half wigs on. I tried a twist out and it turned out real bad. Im 10 weeks post relaxer. Any suggestions for me?

Use your good condish once or twice a week or as a leave in :)

Good idea @GlamDiva, thanks! I will just use my co-washing conditioner twice (one time to clean my hair and the other to condition it) all the other days and then add my good conditioner in the mix every 3 days like I normally do. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

still cowashing every day but its freezing here i think ill start cowashing less, also am paying fortune my my conditioners :( but i like the result with the baggying

let me till you this ive been using giannini because ive read some good reviews about it in thge forum (am new ) then i discovered that i was using the wrong brand the ladies here where talking about goviani :)
so i ordered one and ill recieve it Monday will let u updated

I did a deep ayur-cowash with henna, kalpi tone, bhringraj and some other powders I have mixed in a bag for one hour then I did a wonderful deep conditioner under my steamer for another hour with Alterna Hemp Hydrate conditioner. I am still here sitting with it in my hair. I don't think I will be washing it out until morning though because I'm too tired to jump back in the shower at this hour.

Yep keeping it up 5xs a week. You should have seen the three full trash bags my husband took to the recycler.:giggle:

I just BCD so can I please join this challenge?:drunk: I just wash n go. I am so psyched at being able to do this with natural hair.:grin: I use VO5 Moisture Milk's Strawberries N Cream to co wash right now. I use Hot 6 oil, Giovanni's Leave IN, and eco gel for my curl definition. It is the best combo for my hair as of right now.

Back