Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

So far I've been co-washing at least every other day. I picked up some HE Tousle Me Softly and it works well for co-washing -- as well as for defining curls/waves on dry ponytails/buns. :yep:

RiteAid has a sale on HE and there was a coupon in this Sunday's paper for BOGO free, so I plan to pick up 2 more bottles to last me through the winter season.

...for you ladies that are co-washing at least 4x per week, how often do you do a protein treatment?

Last edited:
So far I've been co-washing at least every other day. I picked up some HE Tousle Me Softly and it works well for co-washing -- as well as for defining curls/waves on dry ponytails/buns. :yep:

RiteAid has a sale on HE and there was a coupon in this Sunday's paper for BOGO free, so I plan to pick up 2 more bottles to last me through the winter season.

...for you ladies that are co-washing at least 4x per week, how often do you do a protein treatment?

Once I get back into my regular workout schedule next week, I will go back to cowashing at least 3-4x a week. :yep:

I do a deep conditioning protein treatment 1x a week with Motions CPR.

I have not been cowashing my hair because I have been a little sick. But now that my head cold is just about gone, I am hennaing and texlaxing my hair this weekend but tonight I am giving myself a hardcore DRC 28 protein treatment in preparation for it.

I will be sleeping with some Giovanni SAS Conditioner in my hair tonight for extra moisture and washing it out in the morning. I will be in full swing with the cowashing next week:yep:.

Still cowashing. I told myself I was gone cut it down to twice a week due to the manipulation but I missed having the fresh head every other day. lol! Plus my hair just styles better after a co-wash.

Cowashed with Garnier Triple Nutrition tonight. I plan to do a braidout tomorrow and they always turn out so much prettier after a cowash.

In a quickweave at the moment will be back after i take this out..... I will still be checking on yall.

Once I get back into my regular workout schedule next week, I will go back to cowashing at least 3-4x a week. :yep:

I do a deep conditioning protein treatment 1x a week with Motions CPR.

Thanks! ...I was debating between 1x per week or bi-weekly, but I'll experiment with 1x per week right now and let my hair tell me if it agrees with my decision or not.

I still have a new bottle of Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor I haven't used in probably 2 years, so I guess I'll start with that and then follow it up with one of my creamy moisturizers/deep conditioners.

Will be cowashing the henna and indigo out of my hair with vo5 Moisture Milks Conditioner this afternoon.

I took down my braid n'curl bun and cowashed because my hair was so dry :nono:. I looked at my ends and I am soooo not happy. Crispy and scraggly is all I have to say. I'm cowashing and rinsing all this week and longer if I need to, until my moisture level is right.

Cowashed this evening with Jason Naturals Biotin Conditioner followed by a little bit of AO HSR. I left the latter in as a leave-in and sealed with Moroccan Oil Serum. My hair is so fluffy and bouncy and light. I :love: it!

Cowashed this morning with V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit mixed with OO and Tea Tree Oil.

My hair feels so much better. The wetting daily is what my hair loves even if I don't cowash. And I'm kinda enjoying the bunning too :blush:. When I cowash (with SS Honey Rinse), I leave the conditioner in and seal with SS Carrot Defrizzer (an oil mix), and when I rinse, I seal with the same stuff. So far my hair stays moist until I jump in the shower again.

Last edited:
didn't cowash for few days now wasn't feeling well ill DC tomorrow inshallah and resume my daily cowashing
i didn't like giovannini that much ill stick to Aubry, herbal essance and giannini

Here is where I am at this moment. 3 more months to go...I just wish for a massive growth spurt by then!

Attachments

• Hair9.JPG
    Hair9.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
Tried to pre-poo with baggy over night last night to wash today, but my head got too itchy last night so I ended up pooing last night, and applied cocasta oil to seal overnight. I woke up this morning to finish with a burdock and brahmi deep conditioning mask trt and sat under heat cap for an hr. I then rinsed and followed with roux porosity control and rinsed that out with cool water. I was wondering if cowashing was preventing my sulfur/MT growth oil to sit on my scalp long enough to penetrate, but I can see some growth so I will keep cowashing 3x a week and pooing every two.

Cowashed twice this week. I couldnt get my bun to look right, I bought bad hair gel lol. But my hair is nice and soft so its all good.

Last edited:
Week 1 down!! I'm proud of myself :grin:. I've wet my hair and bunned everyday since the first.

But now I want to wear my hair out!!! :blush: Noooooooo!!!!

Back