Fall 2011 Steaming Challenge

Finished my second steaming session for the week.

Tuesday: Steamed with olive oil under a moist towel and my heating cap. OMG... I couldn't get over how soft my hair felt the rest of the week, I think it was much better than my honey prepoo.

Today: Steamed with Vatika oil ( I had a little bit left and decided to use it up)as a prepoo. I then sat under my steamer with One N Only Argan oil restorative mask.

Steamed Yesterday Afternoon with Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Masque

Will Steam again on Tuesday with KBB

I steamed last night with BFH chocolate coffe and green tea avocado DCs coated with hemp seed oil. Hair was soft, moisturised and springy! I can't wait to take out these braids...I could feel the effects of steaming on my entire head of hair. 3 weeks to go!

I steamed today but not as I intended. I rinsed my hair and then applied mudwash and let that sit for 30 minutes. I was going to rinse and steam but then decided to try steaming with the mud wash in. I put EOs in the water. (Way too much, next time I will fewer drops :blush:). I thought the thing was going to boil over :lol: I steamed for 20 minutes.

I used tapped water this time. Next time I will use filtered or distilled water. My hair felt different. I have a feeling that the mud wash really penetrated. I won't do this on the regular but probably when I want to detox more often.

But I like reducing the time by letting the mud sit and steaming at the same time.

At least I steamed :yep: I procrastinate with it so much :sad:

Hay ladies,hope im not too late to join :)

Ive fallen off my steaming ... well hair care in general and my ends are suffering so Imma use this as a jump start

1. How often you will steam:
1x weekly
2. What steamer you are using: Hair Therapy steamer
3. What products you steam with: various DCers shea moisture,BFH, HairVeda
4. When will you start: thursday Sept 22

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14255059]@faithVA

I only use Distilled Water in my Steamer per the Manufacturers Instructions.

Most of my Conditioners are Ph Balanced as well.

I didn't use a conditioner so I was thinking that it might be helpful to ph balance the water.

I have a huetiful and you can use whatever water you want. The last time I measured the ph of my tap water, vs filtered water vs distilled water the ph wasn't that different.

I was really just curious. Not saying that I would ph balance the water. Always thinking :lol:

Hay ladies,hope im not too late to join :)

Ive fallen off my steaming ... well hair care in general and my ends are suffering so Imma use this as a jump start

1. How often you will steam: 1x weekly
2. What steamer you are using: Hair Therapy steamer
3. What products you steam with: various DCers shea moisture,BFH, HairVeda
4. When will you start: thursday Sept 22

Welcome SimJam, You aren't too late. Since the fall is coming you are right on time. I will try to remember to add you to the list tonight.

I want to join!!!!

Let us Know:
1. How often you will steam: I will steam weekly
2. What steamer you are using: Huetiful
3. What products you steam with: AOHR mixed with Honey, Shea Butter, EVCO, EVOO, and Amla Oil
4. When will you start: Friday, September 23

hey, how did i miss this? im in so add me.
ive had a huetiful steamer for a while but was only using it once in a while because in the winter my hair holds on to moisture so i didnt need it. this summer my hair has been dry dry dry so ive been usin it more.

i will steam once a week until i no longer need it. i steam with moisture and protein. today i will steam with cj rehab moisture treatment.

[USER=41451 said:
chebaby[/USER];14255135]hey, how did i miss this? im in so add me.
ive had a huetiful steamer for a while but was only using it once in a while because in the winter my hair holds on to moisture so i didnt need it. this summer my hair has been dry dry dry so ive been usin it more.

i will steam once a week until i no longer need it. i steam with moisture and protein. today i will steam with cj rehab moisture treatment.

So how did you manage that? :lol:

Welcome chebaby.

[USER=311599 said:
Cocoeuro[/USER];14255127]I want to join!!!!

Let us Know:
1. How often you will steam: I will steam weekly
2. What steamer you are using: Huetiful
3. What products you steam with: AOHR mixed with Honey, Shea Butter, EVCO, EVOO, and Amla Oil
4. When will you start: Friday, September 23

Almost missed you. Welcome :welcome:

So how did you manage that? :lol:

Welcome @chebaby.
girl i have no idea:lol: it was so annoying because i co wash often so i had to use protein several times a week to keep it balanced or my hair would get mushy:ohwell:
i actually enjoy my hair now that i can use moisture so much without having to use so much protein. i just hope my hair doesnt go back to "normal" in the winter lol.

SimJam yes i did!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D The store has more available. After you drive through the Devon House stoplight on Hope Road heading down to Half Way Tree, you take the right at the next stop light. It is the first building on the right when you make that turn. The place sells wholesale stuff. It's called China Export Trading. HTH!

PS. these steamers use distilled water only.

Quick question about steaming are you steaming with a conditioner and washing it out or can you just steam your hair to add moisture? Also can you steam your hair if you have a sew-in?

@SimJam yes i did!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D The store has more available. After you drive through the Devon House stoplight on Hope Road heading down to Half Way Tree, you take the right at the next stop light. It is the first building on the right when you make that turn. The place sells wholesale stuff. It's called China Export Trading. HTH!

PS. these steamers use distilled water only.

bajandoc86 :grin::grin::grin::grin:

THANKS !!!!!!!! maybe I'll try to get it during the week so I'll have it for my thurdsay wash :yep:

I was so excited to start steaming I washed today even though I wasnt planning to.

sitting now with shea moisture deep treatment masque on, my hair didnt seem to love it while putting it on, but we'll see when Im done.:look:

hmmmm

SimJam Girl....i was so excited the day I found out about the store. I left work after a 24 hr duty and drove STRAIGHT there. I didn't even blink when they told me the price. i was like yea yea yea...where da steamer at! :lachen: I was ready to pop ma booty(IDareT'sHair) in the store :lachen: :lachen:

IDareT'sHair

The people would have thought I was craazzzyyyy :drunk: I did pop THAT THAAANNNNGG when i got home. oh yea, oh yea, oh yea......i got ma steeaaammmeerrr i got ma steammmeerrr! *backs that bootay UP*

[USER=15479 said:
mystery29[/USER];14255897]Quick question about steaming are you steaming with a conditioner and washing it out or can you just steam your hair to add moisture? Also can you steam your hair if you have a sew-in?

You can steam with almost anything. I've steamed with
1. Just plain water
2. Water with EOs
3. conditioner
4. conditioner with oil
5. oil
6. mud wash

And I was told this week I can steam with henna which I hadn't thought of.

You can adjust it to your needs.

I am not sure about steaming with the sew-in. I guess if you wash your hair in the sew in, steaming with it in should be she same thing.

Steaming in a few with either Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Masque or Marie Dean's Sweet Milk Moisturizing DC'er.

Steaming right now with Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp. I was super close to buying a Heutiful steamer but then I decided to spend my birthday money on guitar lessons instead :grin:

Steam treatments for the week completed.

Tuesday: Prepoo with Hot six oil, a moist towel & my heating cap
Today: Prepoo with Vatika oil, a moist towel & heating cap, Deep conditioned with Elasta QP DPR 11+ under my steamer.

Back