Steaming Challenge 2012 - Part III

I left my steamer in Australia. So I don't know if I'm going to mail it to the states or not. My hair already needs it :sad:

I'll be steaming today with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Moisture Dream, topped with Dreamy Decadance-scented Nourish Oil. I use a wet turban and hooded dryer to steam.

:wave: hey steamies!!

I am expecting for my steamer to arrive on Friday :woot: (my off day so I'll be salivating like a crack head at the door all day!!) anywhoo I wanted some advice on how to steam. A little background.

-hair is natural but color treated
-I don't poo but I'm considering it. CW daily
- I'm experiencing a lot of dryness. Haven't figured out how to keep hair moisturized all day.
- what I plan on steaming with: AO HSR/GPB, Giovanni SAS, gleau, agave/various oils mixed. ( not all at the same dang time tho)

Should I steam b4 or after CW for best results? plz help me with a steamie reggie

Sorry for the ramble :nuts:

I'm late to the party but I'm joining this challenge!!

Steaming method: standing steamer
Frequency: at least 1x weekly

Steaming right now with HSR...I wanted to put gleau on top but I was too lazy to go outside to get it :lol:

I am super late too, but I am joining this challenge as well! My stylist told me that I have to start steaming AT LEAST once a week due to my henna usage. I didn't come all this way to have a setback at three years natural. I will finish up my AOHSR and then start using Design Essentials Express Conditioner for weekly steamings.

Steaming for 30 min with Design Essentials Express condish. Will leave in overnight and steam in the morning. Rollerset tomorrow morning.

Hi ladies, i am not part of this challenge, but i was recently gifted a huetiful (not sure i got the spelling right) steamer. I would love to start using it if it really can improve the health of my hair. My question to you is: do you use a plastic cap like we do when using a hooded dryer or do you just put on your conditioner and sit under the steamer? TIA

So.....I steamed yesterday for the first time in I don't know how long. :blush: SHAME! Seeing that I'm the one who started this challenge.

I steamed 3 times:
1. Prepoo with WGO and steamed that in for 15 mins.
2. Bentonite Detox - steamed for 15 mins
3. Rhassoul clay DC - steamed for 30 mins.

IDareT'sHair I'm starting my postgrad specialty programme next yr, so I wont be attempting to host any challenges in 2013. Plus I suck at it. LOL

Hi ladies, i am not part of this challenge, but i was recently gifted a huetiful (not sure i got the spelling right) steamer. I would love to start using it if it really can improve the health of my hair. My question to you is: do you use a plastic cap like we do when using a hooded dryer or do you just put on your conditioner and sit under the steamer? TIA

ronie I just clip my hair up and steam without a cap. I do put a cap on after I steam for it to continue steaming until I'm ready to wash...I do however allow my hair to cool down before washing though.

Rozlewis

:blowkiss: Thank You Lady!

Create New Thread. Set the parameters Jan 1 - ? Give it a Title. And You're all set.

We'll make sure it get/stays bumped as I Steam x2 per week.

Back