Fall Steaming Challenge (Sept to Dec 2010)

Method of Steaming

• A table-top or floor steamer

Votes: 132 76.7%
  • Heat/Towel Method

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • Other Method (Please describe in the thread)

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been steaming nearly every week since September. My hair is nice and moist. At least it was until this week when I used a dreaded blow dryer. My ends are really resilient, and I've had less breakage. I've actually had a lot of growth. I'm not sure if it's because of the steaming or the rosemary oil mix but what ever it is, I'm sticking with it.

I steamed last night and my hair felt great. I think it's a 10 has become a staple. I'm truly in love. I just wish it came in a larger container because I'm almost finished with the container I bought in November.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Wash with ORS creamy aloe shampoo. Deep condition under steamer for 30mins with Motions moisture plus and used Kimmay's recipe as my leavein.

i wish i'd caught this in the beginning!!! i started steaming last summer! love it! finally bought my own steamer and it came last week. steamed twice, and i love it. it's not the huetiful, its the ozone steamer from the ebay seller and if i put a towel over the top it really gives off a lot of steam.

gonna spring for the huetiful when this one breaks... or as a splurge for the new year! :)

Steaming hair for 1hr (2X30min) with AO Jojoba & Aloe, AOHSR, AOWC, and AO Rose Mosqueta and Glycerin (trying to use up my AO stash)

Did my first steam in ages last Sunday. Steamed with Humectress as I had a texlax touch up couple of weeks ago so I'm drenching my hair with moisture.

My hair grew the most it has ever done in the 3+months since my last texlax and I've always considered myself a slow grower. I'm putting the accelerated growth down to my steaming sessions cos nothing else has changed.

I steamed this past Saturday with Mixed Chicks deep conditioner and EVOO for about 15 minutes...I didn't stay under too long because I did the moisturizing pre-poo...Still loving my steamer!

^^^You know I didn't this last time, but I think that I prefer it...wearing the shower cap (plastic cap) provided a baggying type of feeling to my whole head and I liked that feeling!

Today, I washed with ORS creamy aloe shampoo. Rinsed with Hairveda 24/7 balancing rinse. Deep condition with Alter Ego hot oil treatment with garlic under the steamer for 20 minutes.

Just finished up steaming with DermOrganics and Argan Oil. A quick rinse and will followup with my Kimmay leave in and Argan Oil. I been using the Crece de Pelo but I think is has been drying my hair out. So I had to switch it out mid month.

I don't use a cap but will try it out this weekend.

I am considering buying a steamer. Can you ladies list the before and after changes you notice about your hair?

I am considering buying a steamer. Can you ladies list the before and after changes you notice about your hair?

I can tell you that my hair sheds less and rollersets last longer. My hair is much easier to detangle after a treatment and I can go several days without having to apply extra moisture.

It's been ages since I've steamed. I moved about a month ago and had to leave my heating cap with my mom...cuz technically it was her's :look: I don't like the newer one that I have because it doesn't get nearly as hot as the one I've been using for 20 years. I think I'm just gonna have to break down and buy one after the holiday.

I will be steaming next week for the last time this year but it will be a part of my regime. I have gained so much knowledge and thanks to all of you.
I have noticed that my hair loves the steamer and it give it more moisture and stopped breakage plus reduced shedding. I will be steaming bi weekly in 2011.

Is there going to be a new challenge for 2011? I just ordered a steamer and would like to take part in this challenge.

I steamed last week and I'm getting ready to steam today. I'm working on my winter regimen as a full natural. It's still getting dry, but it's SOO much easier to detangle. It takes only about 10-15 min to detangle. Lovin' it!

i just finished steaming my hair. Did it for 25 mins coz i just relaxed my hair 5 days ago... I will be steaming again in 10 days. Hope you all had good results with your steamers :)

Last steam of the year :) I am steaming for 1hr(2X30min) with henna mix later I will be steaming for 1hr(2X30min) with moisturizing conditioner

Steaming today as well. I have flat twists in my hair, and will steam the flat twists, apply my shea coconut oil mix when done.

Back