***EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS THAT WORK***

Macadamia Natural Oils hair mask -- this is one of my favourite DC's, great results each time and it smells good. $40 for a jar

Aveda Glossing Polish -- Love it.. great shine and a little goes a long way. Super shine by lightweight. $35 for a really small bottle

Ouidad Omega-3 Replenishing Hair Treatment 6 oz $36 - I used a large sample from Sephora a few weeks ago and my hair was super slippery and conditioned. Its one of few $$ DCs out there that's 'cone free. Its not something I would use on the regular but I will treat myself to it sometime soon.

Oo em gee Aveda! I have never had smooth silky hair with movement no matter how much or little product I used or how high a temp I flat ironed with. It was always poofy and would stick together.. Their smooth infusion line is for real. I need to lol into this line more :)

Cosigning Joico k-pak line. That's all I can think of right now.

Angelinhell what does the Joico K-Pak line smell like? TIA

I was at Sally's and sniffed the Aphogee, Motions CPR and did not like the smell.
Technically, I'm surprised I survived smelling the Aphogee.

The brand I usually to use for protein is no longer available on the ground (New Era) and I can only find it on two websites and it looks like they changed the formulation.

Umberto moisturizing conditioner ...not very expensive on its own but for daily cowashing yikes...it's very thick tho and doesn't leave my hair soggy like suave does.

Angelinhell what does the Joico K-Pak line smell like? TIA

I was at Sally's and sniffed the Aphogee, Motions CPR and did not like the smell.
Technically, I'm surprised I survived smelling the Aphogee.

The brand I usually to use for protein is no longer available on the ground (New Era) and I can only find it on two websites and it looks like they changed the formulation.

MileHighDiva

The best way I can describe it is it's kinda like banana-mango, maybe a pinch if cinnamon.

Aveda anti-humectant pomade :)

Redken All Soft Shampoo & Conditioner

Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor

Aubrey's J.A.Y, Honeysuckle Rose, Island Naturals, White Camellia, & GBP Condtioners

Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner ( for cowashing)

Darcy's Botanicals Leave-In

Claudies Revitalizer quinoa-coffee balancing and balancing ends insurance

Afroveda whipped gelly

In no particular order - I Agree "Expensive" is relative to the person buying it

Curl Junkie (assorted products)
Hydratherma Naturals (assorted products)
Darcy's DC'er
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask (and assorted products)
Camille Rose Algae DC'er (and assorted products)
Afroveda (assorted products)
KeraVada (assorted products)
Brown Butter Beauty (assorted)
Viviscal Hair Vitamins
Mega-Tek
Claudie (assorted)
SheScentIt (assorted)
Hairveda (assorted)
The Pomade Shop (assorted)
BlueRozeBeauy (assorted)
Annabelle's Perfect Blends (assorted)
Naturelle Grow (assorted)
Hairitage Hydrations (assorted)
Alter Ego Garlic DC'er
Affirm's 5n1 (and assorted products)

I am making the benchmark 30 dollars or more, in no particular order:

Deva Curl No Poo

Ouidad Curl CoWash

Macademia Deep Repair Masque

Aveda Dry Remedy Deep Treatment Masque

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm

Curl Junkie Repair Me

Kerastace Olio Relax Serum

Burt's Bees Pre Shampoo Treatment

Aphogee Two Step Treatment (step one)

Hairveda Methi Sativa Two Step treatment

All Pureology products especially SuperSmooth Smoothing Elixir. Wow best serum that I have ever used and worth every penny.

Expensive is subjective but that mess is expensive! Woo!

I'm a cheapie so I consider anything more than 15 dollars for 8 ounces cheap :lol: don't judge me!

Modern Organic Products. The MOP C-System Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner are terrific.

omg i have some of this stuff. i didnt think it was all that though. it was nice but my hair has felt better. the shampoo wasnt that great, the conditioner was better. it did make my hair feel very clean though.

Kerastase Chroma riche masque for color treated hair is the best thing I have ever used on my hair. The smell, the texture, the way it melts into my strands... Had a lotta hairgasms with that one lol. I bought the set from a high end salon for $75. It had 2oz masque (lasted a really long time), 4oz shampoo and a decent sized bottle of serum.

Kerastase Masquintense masque for fine hair and Kerastase Elixir Ultime masque. My hair is super soft and moisturized after deep conditioning with these. Normally I have to use a rinse out conditioner to detangle after deep conditioning, but none is needed with the Kerastase masques.

I have to add Baby Buttercreme from Miss Jessie's to this list. Do you want some seriously hydrated curls? Get you some, or better yet, find a friend who has some.

Philip Kingsley extreme elasticizer - pre poo - heavenly - I have hardly any breakage or shedding during the week

I also use his afro-caribbean shampoo and conditioner. I have such good results I am afraid not to use it.

I will be trying other products from his line.

Back