Expensive hair products that aren't worth the money

dare i say Redken & biolage.....some of their conditioners are not worth it IMO.. if im gonna pay that much...im expecting better ingredients. And redken has a lot of crappy ones like pegs,parabens,etc. but i still get sucked into buying them cuz of yall....lol

Certain bed head and catwalk products don't do anything for my hair. Certain Biolage and Paul Mitchell products either.

kinky curly curling custard. i hate this crap. i have to use literally a pea size to make sure i dont get crunchy dry hair and in the end its not worth it.

UBH products, I like the moisturizer and dew spray, but not worth the price.....paul mitchell, I love his products, but the price could be a little cheaper.....TIGI Bed Head, same here price needs to be cheaper, but I'm doing the whole Ayurveda...these expensive shampoos might be making my hair porous.....

Dont be talkin bout my UBH....that Deep Condishioner is keepin hair on my head:drunk:

*Anything Paul Brown :down:
*Anything Nexxus :down:
*Anything KeraCare :down:
*Anything Carol's Daughter (besides the body stuff) :down:
*Ookisa :down:
*Alterna :down:

Last edited:
I must add to Redken. Not only did the All Soft Con and Butter Treat Suck but so did the Extreme con. The funny thing is, I use to use the Suave knock off and it was heavenly. How is the original worse.

I don't know about you ladies who hate the smell of ojon - i think the restroative treatment is WONDERFUL, and I love how it works on my hair - it's my super - moisturizing pre-poo treatment of choice.

The product I would add to this list is Alterna 10. When I used it my hair felt rough and just icky. I'm sure there are other Alterna products that may work well, and this one might be heaven for someone else, but not for me.

cool thread ladies! I just purchased two MOP products and will come back w/a quick review of them. They were pricey to me but I figured what the heck. The shampoo is a no go. You would think that in order for something to be labeled as organic then it should be organic.....so not the case.
mop is the ish...worth every penny

(for a 32oz at $24.99)

Last edited:
Aveda Dry Remedy and Color Conserve...didnt do *ish* for me...
Giovanni Direct Leave In...meh.
Nexxus Emergencee...ugh.:perplexed

I'm tired, and that's all I can think of for now...:yawn: But best believe I'll be back tomorrow with a list or products. :look:

Personally I think you can't go wrong with Aphogee Products, ORS products and Fantasia products. They are well-kept secrets, really work well, are readily available and REASONABLY priced.

Based on that Keracare can be included on this list

Thank you... I'm getting the same results with those cheap a$$ed Motions products. And I started using Motions because I was so ticked off that Sally's had that big tub of Humecto sitting on their shelf and I had to pay $12+ for shipping because I don't have a license--a license for some :censored: conditioner!:wallbash:

Last edited:
Good thread, though it has gone off course. The OP asked what expensive products aren't worth the money based on ingredients, not how they worked for you individually.

I would say any expensive shampoo with sulfates and expensive conditioners/leave-ins with mineral oil.

:braces for impact:

*ahem*

nexxus humectress...

:peek:

:yep: Yep Totally - and I remember when the original came out. Then it was worth it because it was the only thing out like it. But now . . . . hell you could add RAW honey to a conditioner and get the same results. But Suave is definitely the cheapie copy. :yep:

Exactly.:yep: I refuse to pay for some bull just so I can say it's by_______ and the celebrities use it. I would rather buy me some shea butter from the Africans and mix it in something else. . . . .?

:yep: :yep: :yep:

Back