***EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS THAT WORK***

Joico Kpak line- This line is a protein line that is designed to take care of damaged, chemically treatment, or highly styled hair. The shampoo has a low pH so I sometimes use it for neturalizing purposes. The conditioner, intense, hydrator, and reconstructor are all great! These products, espeically the daily conditioner have helped heal my hair and I feel more bad *** so to speak because they do a great job at rebuilding hair. They really are some of the best protein products.

Also the Philosophy Shear Splendor mask is awesome. Supergirl turned me on to it and it is my once and a while hair treat.
CO SIGNING

11-26-08BB.jpg

nexxus organix line the humectin is th truth
sebations potion 9
nexxue emergencee
redken smooth down butter treat

mid priced but really good product giovanni products
i have a free aveda dr coupon so it will be trying this out

Aveda Damage Remedy Line
Dudley DRC 28 Reconstructor
Fekkai Apple Cider Rinse and Clarifying Shampoo
Joyce Williams Hair Food
Joyce Williams Hair Doctor In A Bottle
Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Shine Serum and Essential Oil vial (blue)

Last edited:
I remember seeing those products by Wanakee. I was back in college and wanted to try them but I was broke back then. I always thought her hair was beautiful.

It's really good and worth the price," but I didn't know that there are good substitutes out there--once they are "doctored up." I was totally ignorant back then, and I believed in them because they really tame my type 4 a/b hair.

Joico is the best! My friend, who is a licensed cosmetolgist, suggested it to me, specifically K-pak line. I really love the moisture recovery. Wasn't too impressed with the poo but I loved the conditioner and the treatment balm.

Yeah I seen this stuff at trade secret...Is this meant for black hair??? I'm asking because I asked the lady at trade secret what product she recommended for my hair and she acted like the only product in the store that was suitable for my hair was Joico...so this made me wonder....

kenra mc
sabino moisture block
miss jessie's curly pudding and baby buttercreme...sorry, but i swear by these especially for twists
megatek

wait till i get my hands on some aveda...

I also love the Joico K pak Intense hydrator.. I think I may love it even more than the MR treatment balm. Also Redken All soft conditioner is the best! I got a big bottle at the bss my job for like $24 bucks.

Chi SI is another favorite of mine- for flat ironing. I think someone mentioned Graham Webb silk repair- I absolutely lovvvvve the leave in. My hair felt soooooo soft and super silky!

I liked the Sebastian Drench shampoo- even though I really can't stand poos with sulfates, this one was really great!

I totally love the curly pudding and buttercreme... I don't know if I can give those up. YEah, they have mineral oil and petroleum :rolleyes:

kenra mc
sabino moisture block
miss jessie's curly pudding and baby buttercreme...sorry, but i swear by these especially for twists
megatek

wait till i get my hands on some aveda...

Phytospefic relaxer index 2

phytologie phytojoba shampoo
phytojoba hair mask
phyto7 (i hope i never have to live without this leave in)

Icon inner home moisturizing hair mask (this is the stuff for deep conditioning)

Ojon restorative treatment
Ojon ultra hydrating shampoo
Ojon ultra hydrating conditioner

Graham Webb Silk Repair (works wonders and it's fun too use, but I am easily entertained - I like it when it changes from the little bit of cream to the foam)

Redken Deep Fuel

I will second the Fekai Shea conditioner - I've tried this -excellent stuff
My daughters love Biolage Ultra Hydrating shampoo and ultra hydrating balm - this is very good stuff) (for these two check your local Target store)

ITA!

I.C.O.N Inner Moisturizing Treatment blows me away every time I use it! Consistent hairgasms :yep: It's superrr concentrated AND ubbbber moisturizing. I'm so glad I found it...:love:

I.C.O.N Proshield Protein Treatment is amazing too...strengthening and helps my hair retain moisture

It's pricey but a little goes a very long way.

It's sad that this brand is so underrated...

Definitely kerastase. I've been using their mask intense and shampoo along with serums for a very long time. Besides its one of very few high end products we have in my country! So no much choices to choose from!

Curl junkie curl rehab
Aubrey organics honey suckle rose
Darceys botanicals pumpkin condish, cocoa bean lotion and whip
Camille Rose Algea deep condish
WEN

Last edited:
Expensive is a relative term so I'll just list the products that can't be found on the ground that worked for me.

Curl Junkie Products
Oyin Hair Dew
B.A.S.K. Palm Tapioca
Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
Darcy's Pumpkinseed Conditioner

Kerastase Bain Satin 3 shampoo (the most moisturizing one of 1,2,3)
Kerastase Aqua Oleum Vials (it's a little treatment; $40 extra in the salon; but you can get them on ebay for cheaper) I LOVE THIS STUFF!
Kerastase Ciment Thermique - for heat protection (leave in)

I totally agree!!!!!! Since i ran out of my kerastase bain satin my hair has never been as mosturized as it was when i was using it. It seems like nothing compares. also joico moisture conditioner was amazing. and redken cleansing chilating shampoo.

verifien complex-hair oil.

i loved this line when i first transitioned. just placed another order for this transition back to natural. i don't know why i ventured into other products. expensive but it worked reallly well.

I totally agree!!!!!! Since i ran out of my kerastase bain satin my hair has never been as mosturized as it was when i was using it. It seems like nothing compares. also joico moisture conditioner was amazing. and redken cleansing chilating shampoo.

And it's discontinued now, I hate when companies do this.I believe my beloved Kerastase Noctogenist is discontinued too :(

Darcy Botanicals deep conditioner. Small jar is $20 plus shipping but this conditioner is so rich and emollient that I'll keep on buying it. Same with their pumpkin seed conditioner. I used Kenra mc for yearssss and its a great dc but these moisturizing conditioners give my hair such a softness with moisture and the right amount of oil.

Nexxus Emergencee is also a staple that I will always repurchase.

All I need is the perfect leave in.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back