Expensive hair products that aren't worth the money

Nexxus Humectress...want to buy moisture?

That's the only thing I've splurged on. Had an agreement with my SO that I could crowd the bathroom with product as long as I didn't spend too much money, lol. A little disheartened to hear some of the ones I wanted to try as being terrible.

Oh, and I know this is a cheapie...but I'm still kind of mad because I used to really like ORS products, but lately I'm reading "mineral oil" all over those containers...and Lustrasilk's Cholesterol has it too...
sad-panda.jpg

i think ojon restorative treatment is overpriced. i like it but its very exspensive and it aint THAT damn good lol. solid coconut oil is better in my opinion. but i do love all the other ojon products, esp. the revitalizing mist.

I will go to my grave screaming:NEXXUS!! I saw a bottle of Humectress and laughed at the $27 price tag. I'd get much better results mixing all natural products in my fridge.

Well I have had the opportunity to try Nixoin that stuff is horrible! My beautician used the conditioner on my hair, and when I tell you my hair was 95% DRIED OUT! OMG!!! that still isn't hitting on the dot! I had to go home and wash~n~deep condition my hair all over again with my own products. It was money wasted!

I told her not to EVER user that stuff on my hair again. Sadly, I haven't been back to her since then...lol Now that I have b/c my hair, I probably won't see her for a year.

Kiny Curly Pudding. It did ABSOLUTELY Nothing but dry my hair out and it just added to the tangles when i tried to rinse it out.

Lanza Healing Colorcare Trauma Treatment... 40 bucks down the drain!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
Youd think with the hundreds of fancy "innovative" ingredients it has it wouldn't of made my hair stick together... I might as well deep condition with elmers glue, at least id get more slip! Its the main reason I had a huge protein overload /borderline setback. The only thing this is good for is cutting relaxers to make them less harsh......

I haven't seen Yes To Carrots mentioned yet. The whole line is expensive and overrated IMO. I ended up buying it after seeing it disappear from shelves in my area over a period of months. I finally snatched it up eager to try and :ohwell:. In fact, I'm not really wanting to give it another chance. The shampoo was :nono: and the conditioner and hair mask were just alright.

I love this thread things that are not worth it to me include:Redken Soft, Kenra ( sorry it was okay but I did'nt notice anything great..I would buy it again if on sale..like buy one get one free). Keracare Humeccto ( I brought a big tub,,thought my hair would be wonderful once I was finished..no difference). Alter Ego..Emergence..just okay.

Carol's Daughter... Even though I've never used their line before.I walked into Sephora to go test their stuff out and MAN! The majority off the products turned me off because of their SCENT. I was like goodness! What was all the hype about?!?!?! There was 1 thing I did like and it was the hair milk...But I think I can live without it......

Nexxus Humectress. I gave this product 2 chances. I tried both the Shampoo and Conditioner and to cost so much, they didn't do anything for my hair. :nono:

:braces for impact:

*ahem*

nexxus humectress...

:peek:

i respectfully alter my answer!

nexxus humectress is not worth the money if you're spending full price money. but chile... if you can find a 32 oz liter bottle of it at your local sally's or marshall's for 9.99, it becomes fantastic! it's a good conditioner if you follow the directions on the bottle. it ain't no aveda :lol: but it'll definitely moisturize your situation.

and i'm going to chime in on Carol's Daughter... the products are pretty, but not worth the price. i just spent 19 on a bottle of Lisa's Hair Elixir, and realized that i could make some dang Poookie's Hair Elixir by mixing up some soybean, peppermint, sweet almond essential, & sage oil! (they do smell wonderful though.)

Last edited:
for me it was:

phytorelaxer
carols daughter
mixed chicks
redken
alterna
kerastase
Joico (not icky but just ok)
Ojon

Last edited:
For me its...