****End of the year Vitamins/Supplements challenge****

Ladies, I tried to update the list with everyone's name. If I forget to include your name, please let me know and I'll update the OP ASAP. :)

I want in too, but I need to check in with my doctor first. I haven't taken any supplements for months because it reacted bad with my rx but it could've been the added stress. I will call my doctor or the pharmacy anyway just to see what they say.

All supplements taken. This weekend I'm going to look at tweaking them

Tweaking them in what ways? Do you feel like you're taking too many or too little? :lol:

I swear I feel like a druggy with all these supps I'm taking. Oh well. :ohwell: :lachen:

I just say this thread and I wanna join too. :yep: Vitamins are one things that I DON"T slack on. Please add me to the list. I will edit to post vitamins once I am at home.(at work right now)

ETA:
5,000mcg Biotin
6,000 IU Vitamin D
500mg Vitamin C
1 gm Chlorella
2 gm Spurlina
660 mcg Kelp

Need to replenish my Omega 369 and a Hair vitamin

Last edited:
Tweaking them in what ways? Do you feel like you're taking too many or too little? :lol:

I swear I feel like a druggy with all these supps I'm taking. Oh well. :ohwell: :lachen:

Me too....I usually take my biotin in my room, away from the eyes of others, but I carry my garlic supps in my purse/backpack, because I take them throughout the day. And whenever I pull out the bottle to take one, people give me the ill side-eye and kind of inch away. :lol: I wonder what they think I'm taking.

Also, I ordered my Chlorella and Spirulina. I was going to buy them from Vitamin World next week, but I just couldn't wait. :drunk: I got them from AllStarHealth.com. Has anyone ordered from them before? I think I'm going to be ordering from them for the rest of my life, because I placed my order at 5:07 pm, and they shipped the same day at 6:22pm. :yep:

Last edited:
Me too....I usually take my biotin in my room, away from the eyes of others, but I carry my garlic supps in my purse/backpack, because I take them throughout the day. And whenever I pull out the bottle to take one, people give me the ill side-eye and kind of inch away. :lol: I wonder what they think I'm taking.

Also, I ordered my Chlorella and Spirulina. I was going to buy them from Vitamin World next week, but I just couldn't wait. :drunk: I got them from AllStarHealth.com. Has anyone ordered from them before? I think I'm going to be ordering from them for the rest of my life, because I placed my order at 5:07 pm, and they shipped the same day at 6:22pm. :yep:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at the bolded! I know EXAAAAACTLY what you mean! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm too ashamed to admit that I'm taking all of these supps for my hair. So I have to make up silly reasons, like energy, and to prevent from getting sick due to the weather change, etc. Sound like junkies for real right. :nono: :rofl:

Yeah, I went and purchased some Biotin from Walgreens yesterday. I almost ordered it online but I couldn't wait either. Luckily, Walgreens was having a Buy 1 Get 1 sale on their Nature's Bounty Vitamins so I picked up 2 packs. I got my fix. :grin:

I'm in...taking:
Biotin...1,000 mcg
Flaxseed...1,000 mcg
B Complex
Collagen (maybe...if wal-mart sells it)

Hey, if Wal-mart doesn't sell Collagen, maybe you can try L-Lysine.

It helps to improve the body's formation of Collagen. It's why I'm taking it. :yep:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at the bolded! I know EXAAAAACTLY what you mean! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm too ashamed to admit that I'm taking all of these supps for my hair. So I have to make up silly reasons, like energy, and to prevent from getting sick due to the weather change, etc. Sound like junkies for real right. :nono: :rofl:

Yeah, I went and purchased some Biotin from Walgreens yesterday. I almost ordered it online but I couldn't wait either. Luckily, Walgreens was having a Buy 1 Get 1 sale on their Nature's Bounty Vitamins so I picked up 2 packs. I got my fix. :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
Smh...the things we do for some beautiful hair.

Done and done. I want to start taking hydrolyzed collagen too...damn it! If my MasterCard gets swiped one more time its gonna combust. :lachen:

I just took 1 MSM capsule along w/ a BioSil capsule.

I will take the other two after lunch along w/ my multi.

I would jump for joy if these supplements would allow me to stretch my relaxers a bit longer.

Took mine too! I was thinking about adding MSN but I think that I'm gonna let that one slip.

I might take Iron though. Iron helps to strenthen the hair correct?

I took all most of my vitamins today. A big hand full.
just need to take some more fish oil with dinner along with 1 calcium pill and 2 last chlorella pills.

Done and done. I want to start taking hydrolyzed collagen too...damn it! If my MasterCard gets swiped one more time its gonna combust. :lachen:

I know right! I'm hoping I have enough supps to get me through the end of the year. I'm soooo tired of spending $$$$. Now I'm regretting I didn't rack up when PP had their buy 1 get 2 free sale. :drunk:

I just took 1 MSM capsule along w/ a BioSil capsule.

I will take the other two after lunch along w/ my multi.

I would jump for joy if these supplements would allow me to stretch my relaxers a bit longer.

I hear the MSM loosens up the texture a bit so you may be able to stretch a bit longer. Let me know how it goes. I might add MSM to my list too. :yep:

Took Mine:
Biotin:1,000 (thinking about upping this to 2,000 beginning next week)
Flaxseed: 1,000
B-Complex

Hey did you see my post about L-Lysine? You may want to look into it if Walmart doesn't carry Collagen.

Checking in: This morning, 1000mg flaxseed oil, 1500 EPO.
Afternoon: GNC skin hair and nails, porbiotics
Evening: 1000mg flaxseed oil, 1500mg EPO

Adding 12oz of V8 juice a day.

Took mine too! I was thinking about adding MSN but I think that I'm gonna let that one slip.

I might take Iron though. Iron helps to strenthen the hair correct?

Hmmm, I'm not sure if iron stregthen's the hair but I've read that lack of iron can cause hair loss/shedding.

Also, if you're not deficient in iron, be careful with the iron dosage you take because it's easier to overdose on iron than many of the other supps. And an overdose can be fatal.

I know right! I'm hoping I have enough supps to get me through the end of the year. I'm soooo tired of spending $$$$. Now I'm regretting I didn't rack up when PP had their buy 1 get 2 free sale. :drunk:
That's what I do...restock when they have buy 1 get 3 sale. I forgot to order digestive enzymes last time, so when it's back on I'll pick some of that up too. :grin:

Okay I'm in now. Pharmacy was like I'm good to go.

I'm taking:
One A Day: Women's
Figured it was bettter then buying a bunch of different pills. I'm a college student I'm not made of money:lachen:

Still trying to decide:
I have these Trader Darwin's/Trader Joe's Odorless Garlic supplements but they still smell and slightly taste garlicy:wallbash: and I don't like that but I know garlic supplements are good for you. Its 400MG of Garlic, 45MG of Calcium and 4MG of Allicin Yield <--idk wtf that is so I may need to do more research

Does anyone have a garlic supplement that truly is odorless or should I jus give up and stick to this one?

Ohhhh can i get in on this pls..i just joined the site. I take Vit B Complex, Womens One a Day Multi Vitamin and Omega 3-6-9.

Searching for Biotin..cant find it in my country. Gonna order online soon.
Any suggestions on what else i can take?

Ohhhh can i get in on this pls..i just joined the site. I take Vit B Complex, Womens One a Day Multi Vitamin and Omega 3-6-9.

Searching for Biotin..cant find it in my country. Gonna order online soon.
Any suggestions on what else i can take?

I think what you are taking is enough. Welcome to the challenge.

Back