Do You Sleep Well With Your So/dh?

SO snores like a freight train. He’s over six feet tall and will shake the bed with his snoring. Plus he’s hot box that loves to fall asleep spooning or squishing me so he snores IN MY EAR. I feel like my skull is vibrating. We’re both habitual cover snatchers. He also wants the tv on. I prefer the tv off or very very low with a show I don’t wanna watch, I need to swaddled in blankets, and I need the room warm enough that I can get out of bed without freezing immediately. Plus when my allergies are bothering me (or my IBS :look:) I’m self conscious sleeping with him

We don’t live together and he has a queen but needs a king for sure

My mom keeps talking about wanting to sleep in her own bed but my dad is in his feelings about it. I get where he’s coming from. But #priorities
Good sleep should be paramount
He needs a CPAP machine too:lachen: my goodness this sounds awful.

We sleep pretty well together. In the beginning I did not like sleeping with him, because I am use to sleeping in the middle of my own bed. I have gotten so used to him cuddling under me, once he turns the AC on I can sleep like that. I like the fact that he doesn't move at all, he stays in one spot and I have the rest of the bed to myself lol. He usually wants me to sleep on his chest and the moment hes out of it, I move because I can only sleep on my side or stomach. My parent's don't sleep in the same bed due to my dads illness he stays cold so he sleeps with a heating blanket. I think people should do whatever works for them!

We sleep on a Queen and initially we cuddle but turn our separate ways after about 30 minutes.

My thing is not the snoring but farting. If it gets too stinky I relocate. I admit mine can be funky too at times and I would relocate. We definitely need a King and some Beano. :look: Still love my boo. :drunk:

He really does. And when I said “babe have you had a sleep study done? You remind me of a friend who has sleep apnea” he goes “my mom has sleep apnea! She uses a machine!” All excited like hey I know that word.
Sir! You got it too, tf :lachen:
Def push him to get one. I had NO clue how much severe sleep apnea can take a toll on your body in the long run by being deprived of oxygen. I’m a nurse but I know slim to none about cardiovascular issues except what I need to know lol. I shadowed in on a patient who had to get a Mitral Valve heart surgery and the cardiologist said all of her issues stem directly from her sleep apnea. She was morbidly obese, non smoker but refused to wear her CPAP at night. During the surgery he said he wouldn’t be shocked if she had a stroke within the next 6 months because she has a severe blockage in her carotid artery. Obviously I’m not trying to scare you but tell him to get a study done so he can avoid these health issues later in life.

We sleep on a Queen and initially we cuddle but turn our separate ways after about 30 minutes.
This is how my SO and I are. Then when we wake up, we start cuddling again lol. :giggle::giggle: We keep to our own sides and don't kick each other or anything thank goodness. He snores sometimes but right now I'm in the phase where I find it cute lol.

Last edited:
Not recently, but I've always had issues with sleep. I've fattened him up some, and he's snoring a lot and always wants to be on me like a tick. Before I could just turn him to the other side and he would quiet down, now it doesn't really matter. He's pretty much dead until 7 am. I'm afraid I won't hear if something happens, noises, etc. so I won't wear earplugs. I need to put him on a diet.

raw

Not recently, but I've always had issues with sleep. I've fattened him up some, and he's snoring a lot and always wants to be on me like a tick. Before I could just turn him to the other side and he would quiet down, now it doesn't really matter. He's pretty much dead until 7 am. I'm afraid I won't hear if something happens, noises, etc. so I won't wear earplugs. I need to put him on a diet.

raw
:lachen:Lollllll I swear my coworker Meg said something similar last week. Her husband wanted to to upgrade his firearm and his rationale was the increased incidences of robberies in the area. Her reply “FOR WHAT? You snore like a freight train and you don’t hear crap when you’re sleeping. You’re pretty much dead. The gun is of no use.”o_O

:lachen:Lollllll I swear my coworker Meg said something similar last week. Her husband wanted to to upgrade his firearm and his rationale was the increased incidences of robberies in the area. Her reply “FOR WHAT? You snore like a freight train and you don’t hear crap when you’re sleeping. You’re pretty much dead. The gun is of no use.”o_O
:lachen::lachen::lachen:I feel her pain. I don't know how he doesn't wake himself up, or feel pain (it sounds like it'd give you at least a sore throat). I can hear him from the living room. With the TV on. It's that bad.

He has a ton of guns (for no reason, he's just a gun nut). I keep one of his hand guns by me just in case, cause Lord knows that man ain't waking up even if somebody shoots a cannon near the house or lands a big drone on the roof or the yard :giggle:

Your friend might need her own gun if they're that worried about security :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I feel her pain. I don't know how he doesn't wake himself up, or feel pain (it sounds like it'd give you at least a sore throat). I can hear him from the living room. With the TV on. It's that bad.

He has a ton of guns (for no reason, he's just a gun nut). I keep one of his hand guns by me just in case, cause Lord knows that man ain't waking up even if somebody shoots a cannon near the house or lands a big drone on the roof or the yard :giggle:

Your friend might need her own gun if they're that worried about security :look:
Meg ain’t worried a bit lol!

His doctor recommends that he have one done but he refuses to do so. Should I nag him until he complies to have one done?

His doctor recommends that he have one done but he refuses to do so. Should I nag him until he complies to have one done?
Idk if you read a few posts up but I learned about how severe sleep apnea can eventually wreck havoc on your body in the long run by shadowing in on a cardiac surgery case. If he cares about his long term health he should def get it checked out. He’s literally depriving himself of oxygen all night. That ain’t right. Lol

BillsBackerz67, after showing DH your posts, he agreed to have this test done...but only if we can have it done at the same time. Good grief, he's an alpha male who is 6'-2" but can still be a big ole chicken when it comes to some thangs, LOL!
I’m SO happy to read this. A preventative sleep study is FAR easier than having surgery to have your arteries cleaned out or open heart:look:. And if he does a simple google search he’ll find that the study is painless and non invasive. Like bruh all you do take a nap. How simple is that?! Lol.

:lachen: :lachen: this is my dh, too: dead to the world when he sleeps. And then cranky af when i need him to wake up. He would be annoyed that people were breaking in :lol:

I’ve been bringing up SO’s sleep apnea in conversation daily. Yes, DAILY, since this thread. We went out to eat and passed Children’s Hospital

Me: oh that’s children’s! I took some courses there. I studied asthma, bullying and sleep apnea.
SO: Oh
Me: I’m so jealous. All they gotta do is take a nap to find out if a person has it. I love sleeping.
SO: *vague muttering*

Imma keep trying!

I get the best sleep next to my partner. Thee best.

I used to have an fwb, and was getting the best sleep at his house too. I realized that it wasn't specifically the sexy time, it was his mattress! :lol: He didnt remember the name, so I couldn't go and get the same one for myself. I still tried to find it though.

Last edited:
Last night on FaceTime

Him: You were so cute last night when I got home, all sleepy and happy to see me
Me: aww. I didn’t get much sleep after though. You struggled to breathe when you were sleeping. I worry a lot when I’m next to you.
Him: my sleep is affecting yours?
Me: yes. I don’t sleep as well. I’m always listening, waiting for you to breathe again. Or poking you so you roll over
Him: *shocked face* ok. We gotta fix this
Me: *internal twerking* thank you baby

Really glad to see some SO's are getting tested because of this thread :) I don't know what men would do without us sometimes.

I think FH's brother has it. I had to ban him from holiday appartment sharing :look: He has the nerve to cuss people out asking "why didn't you bring ear plugs like me" lol.

Beyond the snoring:

Moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea makes you four times more likely to die when the sleep disorder is left untreated in the long term. A recent study in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine found that sleep apnea is independently associated with an increased risk of stroke, cancer and death.

The findings were based on a 20-year follow-up of an ongoing health study. Researchers observed cancer rates were 2.5 times higher in people who had sleep apnea at the study’s onset in 1990. These patients also were four times as likely to have a stroke.

The patients with sleep apnea had an overall mortality rate that was nearly four times higher than patients who didn’t have the sleep disorder at the beginning of the study.

Mild sleep apnea was not associated with any major increased health risks among patients included in the study.

The study took into account and adjusted for factors such as body mass index, cholesterol and blood pressure.

The findings provide further evidence that sleep apnea can have severe long-term consequences for your health if left untreated. The sleep-related breathing disorder is also linked to high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.

Back