do you know how much money ur SO makes?

I think like 98% of the guys I date ask me how much I make so they shouldnt be offended if I ask how much they make. But I never do. I can usually have some idea so I dont need the ball park amount.
One think Im more interested in knowing is credit score. I dont need to know your score but if we start talking marriage, I need to know if you have good or bad credit. lol

Those that didnt ask

Was this in the middle of an argument?

Perhaps you mentioned you wanted something expensive and he goes off like "Woman, whatchu mean i should get that for you? Dont you know I only make $ much a year, what's wrong withchu?!"

:lol:

no lol just in casual conversation..

I knew how much my SO made pretty early in our relationship. He told me how much he made within about a month or two and we got into more details a few months later when we started discussing our future together. We wanted to figure out a budget so we could start to save for vacations, marriage, living together etc. He broke down his debt to income ratio so that we could discuss a saving plan for us. I am better with money than he is so he trusted me with all the details.

In the past my exces told me how much they made usually within 4 – 6 months or so. Not sure why just general conversations. I own my home and have a couple rental properties so I guess they just want me to feel secure with knowing that they make a decent amount of money as well.

I know, and I don't have to ask anymore because dh leaves his paystubs laying around and always tells me when he gets a raise.

I never ask, but most guys tell me "casually" within the first few months. I suspect that they just want me to know I'd have options if we stayed together.

I overheard when he was going to buy a car, but I don't know now...(that was 2+ years ago...we had been dating for 3 years). It doesn't really matter too much to me. I am more concerned with how he spends the money he has.

Not yet. He's talked about the cost of his investment properties, amount of cash saved, etc. but not salary. Then again it's still early so...

Back