Do you have crossover appeal?

caligirl

You know how some women have men of all backgrounds trying to date them? What makes certain women attractive to almost any man?

I used to wonder about this as well....I am married to a black man, but both of my sisters are married to men of other races. One of my sisters has men of all races who check her out all of the time. I am not sure what it is!?!?

thats something to think about. i dont know what it is though. whatever it is, i dont think i have it though :lol:

I'm not sure.....My own thoughts...don't shoot me for this. First let me say I am married to a black king (no offense anyone else, to each their own!)....But besides my hubby...I can get men of other races to do more for me than my own race. Why? I think black men are intimidated by me (have been told this by several black men~ why it doesn't make any sense) and I can assume no different than the white girl fantasizing about a black man, the white man fantisizing about the black woman. Could that be it?

The only race that I have a problem attracting is the black men. In the past, I've never had a problem getting guys of other races to approach me, but when it come to my own. Nope, no takers. Sad aint it?

I GOT BOLD AND ASK .....what was it........the "This came from different men hitting on me" ..answer........confidence and sex appeal. and where did I get my answers........from hispanic, black,white men. ( oh yeah, I'm married -11yrs and counting :D )

Last edited:
I'm definitely one of those women who get hit on by men of other races/cultures…I’ve been hit on by Hispanic, Tongan, Afghan, Belizean, Jamaican…but most of the time it’s Caucasian men. It use to annoy me because I’m mostly attracted to black guys, but now days I see it as expanding my options. Honestly I don’t know why I attract men of different races/cultures, it’s so bad my sister always teases me about not being able to get a plain ol' black guy. :ohwell:

I guess I have crossover appeal..... I get hit on alot by all types of men. I dont know if there's a certain "something" that makes me attractive to men of different races, but my dad once made a comment, that he thinks I'm going to marry a white man. I dont know why he made that comment, and when I asked, he couldnt give a good reason why....I dunno. I havent dated (meaning held a relationship with) any men other than Black men, but I dont shun the idea...just never happened.

Last edited:
I asked my mom this same question a while back. I told her I was just plain.... she told me that not everyone else sees me this way. She said that men want real women. Confidence (not arrogance), sex appeal (aka all shexyyyyy), respectfulness. A good woman is seemingly rare. A man can smell despiration miles away. While some men chase shells, others are looking for depth. I love my mom. :)

ladydee36330 said:
The only race that I have a problem attracting is the black men. In the past, I've never had a problem getting guys of other races to approach me, but when it come to my own. Nope, no takers. Sad aint it?

Wow, I see you're in Alabama too. I've never been hit on by a man of another race. I get stares from the mexicans, but that's about it. I thought it may have had something to do with location, I see that may not be the case....

Yep, got it. I think it's just about being approachable. I remember one girl was so against interracially dating herself because she figured other races didn't see her as attactive. So, if you already have that in your mind, people can read that and feel shot down when they look at you.

White guys have been chasing me since I was in the first grade. I think its because I've always been pretty much open and they feel I'm approachable.

rozlips said:
White guys have been chasing me since I was in the first grade. I think its because I've always been pretty much open and they feel I'm approachable.

I agree with this. If the men feel that you will be receptive to them approaching you(eye contact, a smile, etc.) they all come flocking. Not just white guys either, men of all races. Some people really do only think in black/white terms. There are many other men out there! :)

Yes, I know that, but where I live things pretty much ARE black and white. We're now getting more Latinos, but they're few and far between.

MizAvalon said:
Not just white guys either, men of all races. Some people really do only think in black/white terms. There are many other men out there! :)

I have always been approached by guys of different ethnicities. I know that people that knew me from high school just expected me to marry a white guy, or a guy of some other race. I asked why and they gave me the "you act like a white girl" reason...... I never figured out exactly what "acting like a white girl" means though. :look:

genesis said:
I have always been approached by guys of different ethnicities. I know that people that knew me from high school just expected me to marry a white guy, or a guy of some other race. I asked why and they gave me the "you act like a white girl" reason...... I never figured out exactly what "acting like a white girl" means though. :look:

Some people are so stupid...

*more looks*

I've heard the same thing, Genesis.

ladydee36330 said:

Um hmmm... VERY!

Especially if you're not loud, ignorant-acting and a hoochie momma!

Some black guys seem to FLOCK to that!

And then the professional, "sophisticated" black men aren't interested because you don't fit into a certain size box.

Unfortunately, I don't I do. I hardly get approached by anyone, black or otherwise. Oh well, I've heard that I look unapproachable. Don't know why!

Yes, I have it. Not really sure why. Maybe because of the way I carry myself. But a lot of these men are really bold.

I must have that crossover appeal now.
I didn't back in college or high school. I think back then, I was very self conscious and had low self esteem. I hated how I look.
Now, I love myself.
I have been getting all kinds lately, arabic guys, guys from india, pakistan and especially israeli guys. The israeli guys look good too, new, stylish and improved. Always white guys especially if I smile their way, that relaxes them. Once I went into a club and an asian guy grabbed me, I was like, wth!! Never ever had an asian boy even looked my way..lol. In vegas the british, european men loved me.

19sweetie said:
What do they do?

I always knew men of other races were attracted to Black women but thought they were just afraid to approach us. Well, they are not shy now! They flirt all the time. My husband is of another race but I am still shocked.

as someone mentioned before, the most attractive thing is confidence. i never assumed that other men wouldn't find me attractive. i guess its something i've taken for granted because its always happened.

Back