Do you care about a man's shoes?

Perfexion

Would you date or not date a man based on his shoes? If you met a man you are interested in dating would his shoes be a factor in any way? I ask because I have a male friend who prides himself on his sneaker collection. He literally has a couple hundred pairs of sneakers. It fills a whole walk in closet. He says he maintains his collection because it impresses the ladies. Personally I could give a crap less about a man's shoes, just so long as they aren't filthy, smelly or have holes in them. Am I the only one?

I generally don't like when men wear sneakers, I think it's a bit immature/young looking.

I don't care about name brands but as long as his shoes are clean, neat and go well with his outfit, we good.

I have more interest in men who know about oxfords, wingtips, drivers, etc. than Jordans. A sneaker collection would be a turn off to me.

My SO wears Gucci, LV, TF, assorted nice flip-flops, Ferragamo, and owns one pair of Chuck's and one pair of NB. He only wear sneakers for working out or just a stroll in the park. I don't think a man's shoes should have to be as expensive as his but they MUST be good quality. Lord I hate when I see men with those big clunky looking 90's shoes with cheap laces. Or shoes so pointy they could kill a cockroach in a corner. No Skittle colors either. And please no fake animal. My dad always wore good, quality shoes so my dude cannot be walking around with some crazy joints.

Op im with you. I don't give a crap about a man's shoe collection. Just keep em clean and free of holes :lol:

I'm not impressed by a collection of sneakers at all. Seems immature/high schoolish to me. Most men probably have at minimum 2 pairs of dressy shoes, casual shoes, some sneakers and a beat up pair for yard work.

How old is this guy? I'm more curious about the women impressed by a collection of 200+ pairs of sneakers. What is that, like $40K retail? I'd be suspect of a man who has more shoes than me.

DH's nephew had a huge sneaker collection (parents bought him 2 or 3 pair of every newly released show) such that photos in his room looked like he was at a shoe store. He was a teenager and I'm sure he toned it down by now.

I don't want a man running around in some turned over, ran down shoes but I also am not into men with "sneaker collections". I like a well dressed man down to the shoes.

Where exactly does a grown man have to wear hundreds of sneakers to?

I'm not a label horse but I like nice looking shoes that can be work anywhere like Oxford style loafers Sperry type shoes etc
I personally can't really stand men in sandals lol but I understand their feets need to air out too.

I also prefer more tailored looking shoe because the clothes that follow.

The man who always wears sneakers always wears jeans or basketball shorts, and that man always in jeans or bball shorts is always in t shirts. I can't stand t shirts.

I don't care about a man's shoes, but a sneaker collection for a grown man would be a turn off.

Years ago an older lady told me to never date a man who wore cheap shoes. Lol. Not really sure of the logic behind this.

bahahaha. I remember this very handsome Indian guy at our local emporium. He managed it and was new. Beautiful, from face, to body, shirt to pants...then I noticed his Payless shoes - the kind that transform into a new style with wear. Killed it. Screamed "I'm cheap." Even the owner didn't treat him very well and I reckoned it was because of his shoes. :giggle: Speaks volumes about a guy.

SO has a total of three pairs of shoes. Lol so no I don't care. He keeps them clean and somehow they match every arrangement of clothing he has. He mentioned something about sandals the other day so who knows.

I care about shoes.

I am impressed with my SO's shoe collection and that he keeps them nice and cleaned. The soles are flat also because he's a beautifully balanced walker.

I'm not into box fresh 1000 strong sneaker collections though lol.

My SO has some nice athletic shoes but those are for when he runs.

I don't know of any man over 23 who has a sneaker collection. But if he did and that's what he likes I wouldn't really care. There are many whose parents couldn't afford them things like that as a child so they collect them now. I don't judge. As long as you have other shoes as well and dress appropriately for the occasion I'm cool with whatever.

I care about shoes.

I am impressed with my SO's shoe collection and that he keeps them nice and cleaned. The soles are flat also because he's a beautifully balanced walker.

I'm not into box fresh 1000 strong sneaker collections though lol.

My SO has some nice athletic shoes but those are for when he runs.

I care about shoes and like a guy that dresses nice head to toe. I like a guy with variety I don't like a guy that wears nothing but jeans and tee shirts with sneakers. Grow up.

My SO has some rubber slipper/sandal type things he wears in his house. He also wears socks with them:look:

I looked at them, but didn't say anything. :lol: I find it cute kinda as long as he doesn't wear that style outside the house lol

Last edited:
Back