How important is a man's career? Am I being superficial?

nappystorm said:
I agree. The dude in the OP seems more like a Frankie (in Disappearing Acts) rather than a Martin (Martin Lawrence Show). Both men were less educated, worldly, and sophicated than their women but they were two entirely different kinds of brothas. A Martin? I can get with all day, everyday. A Frankie? No maam.

Frankie is who I was thinking of when I read the OP.

OP made the best decision for her. There is no point pretending that she can deal with this dude when he is not what she is looking for. Sitting around waiting for his "potential" to flourish is not worth the hassle, because he does not have a solid career path, and OP desires a man with job security.

OP just make sure that he has paid you in full for the car and that your name is not associated with that vehicle in anyway before he drives off for good. :driver:

misskris816 said:
I've been traveling for work the past couple of days and haven't been able to respond but I have an update.

I knew my BF and his boss at the car dealership weren't getting along for a while. He told me sometime last week (after I created the original post) that his boss tried to stiff him on the commission of one of the cars he sold, so he quit. Meanwhile, he'd been talking to a friend (former bad boy) about another opportunity, so he decided to pursue that. It turns out that this "opportunity" consists of him recruiting people to do door-to-door sales, selling Comcast products. The position is not through Comcast, it's for a company contracted by Comcast.
If I had any doubts before, I knew at this point that it's over. Right, wrong or indifferent, I have no desire to be with a door to door salesman. It's not in the direction that I'm going, and it's not in the direction of a true career path for him, either. The subject of going to school seems lost at this point. I saw a glimpse of what my future would be like with him (especially if we ever had children), and I know that's not the life for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :up: I'm proud of you for making the right decision for you!

Back