Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

I had to cut my nails down. They were getting too long for me. I'm not used to having talons like that. :lol:

Still using it and things are going good....I did stop for about a week (forgot it when I went on vacation and subsequently to my Grandmother's funeral - hectic)

Cosmetic effects still on point - hair/nail growth - blemishes diminishing, etc....I did gain some weight during the time I was not taking it but I was eating up some stuff during the week of G-mother death - so I am not blaming it on the DE - just grief...

But I am now back to business as usual...

Still using it and things are going good....I did stop for about a week (forgot it when I went on vacation and subsequently to my Grandmother's funeral - hectic)

Cosmetic effects still on point - hair/nail growth - blemishes diminishing, etc....I did gain some weight during the time I was not taking it but I was eating up some stuff during the week of G-mother death - so I am not blaming it on the DE - just grief...

But I am now back to business as usual...

Sorry to hear about your G-mother :bighug: I have been off DE for about 2 weeks because i started the ZI XIU TANG, I can say I def. miss taking it. However when I'm done with them, I'll start back on the DE.

Sorry to hear about your G-mother :bighug: I have been off DE for about 2 weeks because i started the ZI XIU TANG, I can say I def. miss taking it. However when I'm done with them, I'll start back on the DE.
I stopped taking ZI XIU TANG and am back on DE. Love the energy I get from it. Be forewarned though, ZI XIU TANG stays in your system a bit after you stop taking them. It felt like withdrawal. Not nice!

Everyone is commenting on how theyh ave increased BM's with DE. Not me. I'm a little nervous about that. My system has always been sluggish so I was looking forward to this 'benefit' of DE. Even looking to see any worms/parasites.:look: Nothing. Nada. I take 1 heaping tablespoon a day.

I stopped taking ZI XIU TANG and am back on DE. Love the energy I get from it. Be forewarned though, ZI XIU TANG stays in your system a bit after you stop taking them. It felt like withdrawal. Not nice!

Everyone is commenting on how theyh ave increased BM's with DE. Not me. I'm a little nervous about that. My system has always been sluggish so I was looking forward to this 'benefit' of DE. Even looking to see any worms/parasites.:look: Nothing. Nada. I take 1 heaping tablespoon a day.

Thanks for the heads up.

anybody else have any updates?

i was reading on another site that stated using lemon juice with the DE improves the results. anybody else read or hear anything about this?

I stopped taking it because I'm taking ZI XIU TANG , but I def. miss it. I may have to figure out a way to take both.

I haven't taken any in over a week. A good regimen for me is to take DE Mon-Fri and doing a laxative tea or psyllium husk drinks on the weekend.

I'm inconsistent because the protein drink I have right now SUCKS! The night before, I mix 2 scoops of protein powder in almond milk and a tsp. of DE, so in the morning all I have to do is stir and drink it before I go to work. Well, the last 2 attempts the mixture was like pudding the next morning. Of course I adjusted the powder the next nite but it still came out too thick. Can you imagine trying to choke down a cold, slimy, thick jelly drink at 6 in the morning? :barf:

If you have a sluggish system like me, I would take a 2 or 3 day break out of 7 days. You don't want this stuff to build up in your system when you already are not eliminating regularly on your own.

I guess I will start back in the morning before my almond milk goes bad.

I took my first tablespoon this morning with water and lemon juice. The back of my throat felt grainy for about 5 minutes or so. Is this normal?

I have been on DE for five days now and I have been reluctant to post because i was not sure that I wasn't under the "placebo" affect.

The one thing I have noticed is that I am falling asleep on my own with out sleep aids which i never used to do and I wake up at 5am feeling refreshed and ready to get out of the bed! this is big for me. I usually have to take ambien to fall asleep and I wake up groggy.

I have a very sluggish digestive system and have BM very irregularly. In the five days i have been taking DE I have had BMs 4 times. This is also huge for me. Also noticed the BM's are really dark! (i know tmi)

It doesn't taste too bad. I will continue taking

OK, so I have dug up this thread... is anyone else still taking this stuff? I figured out why I was soo sleepy, because I was taking three doses instead of the recommended one tablespoon! I still take it and I swear that this is a big contributing factor in my hair growth!
Updates ladies....

I am still taking I have been taking for about 3 weeks. I am not getting regularity as every one is but it is improving. I haven't noticed any hair growth just yet but hopefully soon. I have 1/2 inch new growth but that is what i should have I last relaxed April 15. I do fall asleep very nicely after drinking. I take at night. the first couple of days I was waking up at 5am feeling so refreshed...that hasn't happened since but I am experiencing some stress. HTH

OK, so I have dug up this thread... is anyone else still taking this stuff? I figured out why I was soo sleepy, because I was taking three doses instead of the recommended one tablespoon! I still take it and I swear that this is a big contributing factor in my hair growth!
Updates ladies....

What kind of growth are u getting?

I'm on week 2 of the earth. I haven't seen anything odd in my stool (thank goodness). I have a 9lb bag so, um, yeah, I'm going to be taking it for a while.

I haven't measured it but the next time I go to the salon I will post a pic! It didn't seem as if my hair grew this fast before taking it.(sorry I didn't measure) It did make my dogs nails grow long very quick, but that wasn't a good thing since he HATES to get his nails clipped! lol

Updates ladies....

@bolded - me too!!!

Yes I am still taking and got half of my family on it as well...:grin:

sqzbly1908;11195574[B said:
]@bolded - me too!!![/B]

Yes I am still taking and got half of my family on it as well...:grin:

Details, mama. Details! What kind of growth are you gettting?

Also, I hear DE gives an initial growth spurt but returns to normal shortly thereafter. Any comments on that ladies? Inquiring minds wanna know.

I'm gonna give it a try. I'm hearing rave reviews and I could use the skin and weight benefits. We'll see how it goes.

I have a bp issue. I just ordered 2 1lb bags. The bp issue is more important than anything, but if is helps in all the other areas than it is BONUS!:yep::grin:

I think I will start off with 1/2Tp. in the morning with water on an empty stomach and at night. I will then move up to 1Tp. twice a day. What do you all think????????????

I have a bp issue. I just ordered 2 1lb bags. The bp issue is more important than anything, but if is helps in all the other areas than it is BONUS!:yep::grin:

I think I will start off with 1/2Tp. in the morning with water on an empty stomach and at night. I will then move up to 1Tp. twice a day. What do you all think????????????

I have NO real experience BUT, I heard that mixing it in water is blyech! :nono: And some say taking it at night keeps you up. So, maybe move up to morning and then early evening. I tried (a tbsp) today for the first time in OJ and it was gritty but ok. I hear chocolate milk or cocoa is good. Gonna try chocolate silk next.

I have NO real experience BUT, I heard that mixing it in water is blyech! :nono: And some say taking it at night keeps you up. So, maybe move up to morning and then early evening. I tried (a tbsp) today for the first time in OJ and it was gritty but ok. I hear chocolate milk or cocoa is good. Gonna try chocolate silk next.

I think second time I will take it will before I go to the gym in the evening.

I bought some of this. How much do ppl recommend to start off with? I took a 1/2 teaspoon tonight. I wanted to make sure I didn't have any kind of bad reaction. I haven't. I got mine from an ebay vendor others recommended in this thread, it is food grade.

I've mixed it with water, Still didn't have any flavor. It was basically like drinking chalk. Also make sure you store it correctly. I now have it in a large glass jar.

I bought some of this. How much do ppl recommend to start off with? I took a 1/2 teaspoon tonight. I wanted to make sure I didn't have any kind of bad reaction. I haven't. I got mine from an ebay vendor others recommended in this thread, it is food grade.

I would start off with at least a teaspoon once a day for the first week then move up to a tablespoon.

Bumping.

Why in the heck did my nails seem to grow overnight, and are super shiny and hard?

See, this is why I keep coming back to DE :rolleyes:

I began taking DE yesterday after a 2 week hiatus. I won't do it too often because I get massive headaches - which means I'm starting a detox all over again :nono:

I have 3 more weeks left!!!! Cant wait to get back on the bandwagon. I had decided to stop. I had to get my vitamin D levels back up. It was WAY LOW. Glad to see everyone keeping this thread alive and reaping the benefits of DE!

Back