Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

I don't get it! I'm breaking out again!! I thought I was finished detoxing. I know I missed a few days taking the DE and then I upped my dose to 2 tablespoons but that is no reason for me to be breaking out again.

I love DE but HATE the detox. Is (or has) anyone else gone back into detox after missing a few days or upping your dose (or both)?

Since I upped my dose to 2 tablespoons. a day I did have a few breakouts, but they seem to have disappeared as fast as they came. They were gone in about three days and I haven't broke out since.

Yeah..I noticed this too...I was attributing it to my water intake (lack of it) - but I did increase to twice a day....I have very oily skin and it has been flaking in certain areas on my face like crazy....

Maybe the body has to get use to the increase or something...other than that - everything is cool...

The constipation has ended for me, even on the days I slack with the water. I have also noticed the decrease in appetite kicking in.

I've been on DE for about 6 weeks now. Skin looking good, eyes clear, appetite, greatly reduced - so what's the problem? My BMs, while regular, where nothing to write home about. Well, for the past 2 weeks, I've upped my water intake (I'm an avid tea drinker, so I switched to pure water) and added fiber (heaping tblsp psyllium) at night. Well, that made all the difference! Sorry for the TMI, but I have to mention - the amount of mucus l've been passing is noteworthy, and slightly alarming. Makes me wonder just how much of it is in my system? It's been going on for a little over a week now and I'm really glad it's coming out but when will it end?

Anyway, thanks for listening ladies!

Last edited:
Public service announcement:

Please be careful where you store your DE. I have a small 1lb. bag and a larger 4 pound bag. I started on the smaller bag, and since I use it every day I was just leaving it out on my counter.

Well after a few weeks the bag would no longer easily close and I was afraid it would get knocked over. I have been half closing it and folding it over and sitting it on my dryer in the laundry room out of the way.

I have been taking it mixed with juice or in a smoothie. The other day I took some with water and :barf: it tasted just like fabric softener. I had the sheets sitting by the bag without even thinking about it. The first time I tried it with water it didn't have a taste at all.

I have the larger unopened bag in my pantry. Now I'm thinking about storing options when I open it. I think this stuff draws and pulls odors from the things around it.

I have super large plastic jar left over from my whey protein. I think I will transfer it here when I open it, although I really wish I could find a larger glass container.

Just thought I would share.

Last edited:

Please be careful where you store your DE. I have a small 1lb. bag and a larger 4 pound bag. I started on the smaller bag, and since I use it every day I have was just leaving it out on my counter.

Well after a few weeks the bag would no longer easily close and I was afraid it would get knocked over. I have been half closing it and folding it over and sitting it on my dryer in the laundry room out of the way.

I have been taking it mixed with juice or in a smoothie. The other day I took some with water and :barf: it tasted just like fabric softener. I had the sheets sitting by the bag without even thinking about it. The first time I tried it with water it didn't have a taste at all.

I have the larger unopened bag in my pantry. Now I'm thinking about storing options when I open it. I think this stuff draws and pulls odors from the things around it.

I have super large plastic jar left over from my whey protein. I think I will transfer it here when I open it, although I really wish I could find a larger glass container.

Wow - tasting like Fabric Softerner...that is some really absorbent stuff!!!

That is what I have done...I have put mine in a canister with a measuring spoon...

Getting at least one BM a day which is more than what I had prior to taking it. I'm going to increase it to 2 tbls and see what happens.

Did I mention my nails were growing? :lol: I can hardly text on my Blackberry. So many typos!

My DD saw my nails and I told her what I was doing. She now reminds me to make some so we can eat it together :look: (I put mine in a little applesauce). I think she likes the chalky taste of it. She's a nail biter so it probably won't make a difference.

I've been lurking on this thread for 2 weeks now, and placed an order with http://www.earthworkshealth.com. Been taking it for about 4 days now, and I have already noticed a "glow" in my skin and my BM's are more frequent. My focus is sharp, and my eyes have better clarity.

I have been (and still am) doing A LOT of research on DE, and came across a link that I wanted to share.

http://freshwaterorganics.com/detox1.html

Thank you ladies for starting this post and encouraging natural, healthy living!

Wonderful, wonderful link. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi, ladies,

Just wanted to chime in; I have been taking DE for about a month or so, and my energy level is through the roof! When I first started taking it, I almost couldn't sleep at night, but thankfully, that wore off. I don't know if it has caused any weight loss, but my skin looks great.

I purchased mine from Amazon, and got the 1 lb. bag from Alternative Health & Herbs: http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Diatomac...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1270588038&sr=1-1

HTH!

TMI Question:
Has anyone applied DE masks to areas of the body other than the face? I swear it's drawing a lot stuff out of my skin. I've applied it to my chest, back and shoulders. Then I soak in very warm to hot water for about 10 mins. If I scratch I can see the gunk under my nails. The amount I see is kinda of shocking as I use exfoliating gloves daily. :look:

Can somebody else try it and tell me if I'm buggin'? :ohwell:

TMI Question:
Has anyone applied DE masks to areas of the body other than the face? I swear it's drawing a lot stuff out of my skin. I've applied it to my chest, back and shoulders. Then I soak in very warm to hot water for about 10 mins. If I scratch I can see the gunk under my nails. The amount I see is kinda of shocking as I use exfoliating gloves daily. :look:

I have not tried but I am looking into trying soon. I wonder what it would do for acne?

TMI Question:

Never tried it, what kind of gunk? How does your skin feel afterwards?

Never tried it, what kind of gunk? How does your skin feel afterwards?

I'm thinking it' a mix of sebum and dead skin. This throws me for a loop cause I always bathe with two cleansers also; a bar of soap followed by a liquid wash. Maybe this stuff is deep cleaning the pores? I'ono... I've been taking detox baths since starting DE. That may also be helping my skin to "purge".

My skin feel fine afterwards. Since using DE I rarely use lotion and my skin seems to be much smoother. I wish my face would act the same.:wallbash:

I'm thinking it' a mix of sebum and dead skin. This throws me for a loop cause I always bathe with two cleansers also; a bar of soap followed by a liquid wash. Maybe this stuff is deep cleaning the pores? I'ono... I've been taking detox baths since starting DE. That may also be helping my skin to "purge".

My skin feel fine afterwards. Since using DE I rarely use lotion and my skin seems to be much smoother. I wish my face would act the same.:wallbash:

I love a nice long soak. What are you using in your bath?

Please be careful where you store your DE. I have a small 1lb. bag and a larger 4 pound bag. I started on the smaller bag, and since I use it every day I was just leaving it out on my counter.

Update: I found a nice large glass jar with a lid at Meijer. It looks like it will hold at least 4lbs. and it was only 5.99.

Update: I found a nice large glass jar with a lid at Meijer. It looks like it will hold at least 4lbs. and it was only 5.99.

I bought 3 containers at the Container Store. One is small and has a spout on it. I use that one for brushing my teeth and washing my face. Its the easiest way I've found to put DE on the toothbrush or add to my cleanser without making a mess.

The other one is a large container that holds the bulk of it for storage. The third one is hard to describe but it has a curved lid that makes for easier pouring. I'll try to take pictures later and post online.

TMI Question:

This sounds like something I need to try. I'm in a wedding this fall and need my back to be clear by then.

How are you applying it to your back? Is it only going to places you can reach with your hands or are you using something to get it all over? Is this just DE and water in your mask or are you adding it to a cleanser or another product?

I love a nice long soak. What are you using in your bath?

I've been alternating between;
-1 cup epsom salt, 2 cups baking soda
-2 cups apple cider vinegar

I will be trying ginger soon.

This sounds like something I need to try. I'm in a wedding this fall and need my back to be clear by then.

How are you applying it to your back? Is it only going to places you can reach with your hands or are you using something to get it all over? Is this just DE and water in your mask or are you adding it to a cleanser or another product?

I apply it with my hands. My mix is DE and plain water. I keep a batch mixed in a glass jar with a glass lid.

I don't know when it happened as I've been taking DE for 2 months but my chocolate

cravings are gone(kinda sad 'cause I love it) and I truly have no desire for it.

I was the kind of person who could eat chocolate brownies, chocolate morsels, etc and feel so good but since I've started the DE I have not had any cravings or desire for it.

I don't know when it happened as I've been taking DE for 2 months but my chocolate

cravings are gone(kinda sad 'cause I love it) and I truly have no desire for it.

I was the kind of person who could eat chocolate brownies, chocolate morsels, etc and feel so good but since I've started the DE I have not had any cravings or desire for it.

:yep: I've noticed the same thing!

Just got my shipment yesterday (10lbs) and my DH scrubbed my entire body with my mixture (DE,honeyquat,aloe vera). I let it dry for approx 20 min. Then I soaked in a hot tub of water and finished with an oil washing (using my Chinese nylon exfoliating cloth). My skin feels devine.:grin:

Thank god I bought 10 lbs, LOL.

Just checkin in...

I just bought the 6lb bag on Ebay...I still have some left in my 1lb bag this has lasted from mid February...
My skin is glowing...I haven't skin this smooth since high school...
I have lost 25 lbs since starting
It has given my hair a great growth spurt (I hope its consistent) to the point now even my co-workers are noticing...(10 weeks post - relaxing this weekend Thank GOD!!)

I may try it as a scrub for my body...it just seems like that will be too much work...I haven't used it on my face in a few weeks - may do it this weekend if I remember...

I haven't taken my DE in over 3 weeks I think. I need to start taking it again because it was helping me with weight loss.

Just checkin in...

I just bought the 6lb bag on Ebay...I still have some left in my 1lb bag this has lasted from mid February...
My skin is glowing...I haven't skin this smooth since high school...
I have lost 25 lbs since starting
It has given my hair a great growth spurt (I hope its consistent) to the point now even my co-workers are noticing...(10 weeks post - relaxing this weekend Thank GOD!!)

I may try it as a scrub for my body...it just seems like that will be too much work...I haven't used it on my face in a few weeks - may do it this weekend if I remember...

:blush: That's great! How much are you taking?

Back