***December 2007 Hits and Misses***

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Only ONE day early!! My first time starting one of these!! Yay!! Here's mine:

Eqyss Avocado Mist+Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme sealed with coconut oil=soft, shiny, non-greasy hair

LOL!

HIT:
Affirm sustenance
Affirm 5 n1
Affirm Positive Link

I would only like a little more slip, but these products are good!:yep:

Hit:

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo mixed with baking soda

(makes a nice clarifier, made my hair feel clean and not stripped)

HITS
Gro Healthy Olive Cream Moisturizer (it's 4 kids, but i like the ingreds.)
HE Hello Hydration Cond. (finally used it and loved it)
hairveda products ( i know i'm late)

Hit:

Sulfur 8 light- I have used this a couple of times now on my scalp and I really like the tingle. My scalp seems to respond well to it too.

Hit:

Sulfur 8 light- I have used this a couple of times now on my scalp and I really like the tingle. My scalp seems to respond well to it too.

I just purchased this from Wal-mart this week. I am doing a conditioner wash and will use it on my scalp and ends today. I am also using the Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner as my leave-in.

My spritz and then application of organic virgin coconut oil on my hair. Gives me shine, softness and defines my ends. I love it!

Huge Hit:

Capilo Avocado Conditioner. This stuff is crazy. My hair feel strong and moisturized. Along with my Salerm 21, my hair is starting to look and feel like black silk, even in this cold weather.

HITS:

Miss Jessies Restorative Treatment...........I love this stuff my hair was sooooo soft

Bio Infusion olive oil leave in

On the Fence:
Shikaikai (spElling?) poo bar- I had sooooooooo much shedding while washing. Never had this much. However not so much that I won't try again. Next week I will pre-poo with cocasta and see what happens.

Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo
Giovanni Direct Leave-In (will never give it up)!

those ARE goodies :)

Hits:
-henna---where have u been all my life?

-shikakai washes (just make sure u dont try to manipulate ur hair until u rinse most of it out or u will loose hair for no reason)

-alma oil as a prepoo (though its a miss according to hubby bc he despises the smell)

-rollersetting--shouldve been doing this all along instead of airdrying, my hair looks and feels MUCH better.

those ARE goodies :)

Hits:
-henna---where have u been all my life?

-shikakai washes (just make sure u dont try to manipulate ur hair until u rinse most of it out or u will loose hair for no reason)

-alma oil as a prepoo (though its a miss according to hubby bc he despises the smell)

-rollersetting--shouldve been doing this all along instead of airdrying, my hair looks and feels MUCH better.

Ok this may explain why I saw hair all over the place. Did you notice a lot of shedding at first?

Ok this may explain why I saw hair all over the place. Did you notice a lot of shedding at first?

It was definitely from trying to "wash" my hair. The first time I just poured it over my head and left it on a few minutes and rinsed. No problems at all. The second time I thought I could get even more of that "tingly" feeling if I rubbed it in my scalp....big mistake...I lost a few little balls of hair like they were knots/dreads. It wasnt too bad but Ill know better next time. I think Im gonna get an extra spray bottle so I can put it in there to make sure it gets all over my scalp.

Does the shikakai bar give u suds like a regular shampoo? Do u rub it in your hands like soap then rub it into your hair?

It was definitely from trying to "wash" my hair. The first time I just poured it over my head and left it on a few minutes and rinsed. No problems at all. The second time I thought I could get even more of that "tingly" feeling if I rubbed it in my scalp....big mistake...I lost a few little balls of hair like they were knots/dreads. It wasnt too bad but Ill know better next time. I think Im gonna get an extra spray bottle so I can put it in there to make sure it gets all over my scalp.

Does the shikakai bar give u suds like a regular shampoo? Do u rub it in your hands like soap then rub it into your hair?

yes that is what I did. I swiped across my hair once, and then decided that probably wasn't the best thing to do. So I suds it up in my hand and then put it in my hair. It did lather like regular shampoo.How will you use it in a spray bottle?Oh wait are you using the bar or powder? I'm confused now :perplexed

Big HIT: Avocado puree with henna, shakakai and honey. No tangles, minimal dryness, soft, silky, strong, thicker hair! This is my new weekly treatment.

Another HIT: Amla/Rosemary oil overnight soak before co-wash.

Another HIT: Pink FHI iron. Bought for an emergency....now I'm going to have to slap my hand away from using direct heat. It works great on hair that isn't totally dry yet....story for another post.

Another HIT: Aveda! I want to get rid of all the other stuff I bought, thinking I did not have enough money for this wonderful hair dessert!

Huge Miss: Nexxus Humectress.....bought huge bottle....want to give it away.

New condition wash combo - Hit

WRTC + Garnier Sleek n Shine Masque (jar) = nice...:yep:

I may just do this all the way up until touch up time...

and

Phytodefrisant - I didn't like this stuff....now...my edges love it.
Go figure.

HITS:

Miss Jessies Restorative Treatment...........I love this stuff my hair was sooooo soft

On the Fence:
Shikaikai (spElling?) poo bar- I had sooooooooo much shedding while washing. Never had this much. However not so much that I won't try again. Next week I will pre-poo with cocasta and see what happens.
I didn't need to see this!:nono:

HITS:

On the Fence:
I got this in the mail Thursday. I cant wait to try it tomorrow!

Hits

1.Combo of hated conditioners &carrot oil&rinses:
Capilo whale sperm, aloe vera and sole &cinnamon mixed with some carrot oil mix. prepooed on dry hair for an hour without heat and WoW! :blush:I have to take back my previous Capilo bashing:rolleyes:! My hair was so silky and moisturized! :yep::lick: It must have not meshed well with Keracare poo before.hmmm.Fighting urge to get the avocado, but if I see it around the way, it's MINE!:spinning:

2. Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme- much lighter than the carrot oil one.

TBD: Kids organics shea detangling lotion
Salerm 21
Kenra MC

Major hit

Ion Ionic Hard Hat Dryer: I love this dryer:love:! I just used this for my deep conditioning and it was much more effective. This dryer It is soooo much better then my old vidal sasson bonnet dryer which only had air come out of one spot. This dryer has various settings including a cool setting, it's easy to use and the best thing is that it has even air flow all around (unlike my vidal sasson). I was thinking of getting a Pibbs 314 but this dryer will do just fine.

Major hit

Ion Ionic Hard Hat Dryer: I love this dryer:love:! I just used this for my deep conditioning and it was much more effective. This dryer It is soooo much better then my old vidal sasson bonnet dryer which only had air come out of one spot. This dryer has various settings including a cool setting, it's easy to use and the best thing is that it has even air flow all around (unlike my vidal sasson). I was thinking of getting a Pibbs 314 but this dryer will do just fine.

I was thinking the same. Here is what I noticed:
Major softness with shine and silk to match
Faster drying
My face and ears didn't burn, even on the high setting
I didn't have to open the windows b/c of the excessive heat

My only gripes:
Not enough room and it's a little noisy

Which brand did you get? I brought the Revlon version b/c it was 24.99 and I got it for $14 even on Black Friday

Back