Is anyone else afraid of getting older?

No...I turn 40 this year and I remember being so awkward and unsure of myself when I was in my 20s.

Seems like the older I get, the better I felt about myself. I think its because I have learned to "Live my best Life Now" and I am always on the path to self improvement for me and no one else...

YES. I already have a fine line on my forehead at 26! WTH! None of my cousins below 30 has one and it's making me seriously self conscious. My dh is 34 and has not one wrinkle! My mom stayed looking young til she was 40 but it looks like I didn't inherit her genes. I'll probably be shriveled by 35.

Stop this train, I wanna get off and go home again, I can't take this speed it's moving in, I know I can't, but honestly, won't someone stop this train.....John Mayer.

We will always feel this way. I just stop and look at all the old ones who are happy in their lives and it settles me, somehow. We've got to get grounded and know that our worth is beyond looking any specific way...however, man has always been scared of growing old, weak and tired. It sux...but we can make due.

Back