Dating and Dealing With A SCORPIO MAN

I know exactly how you feel :yep::yep:... I love my schnukums and I am not complaining... I guess that's how you know when a man is into to you :grin:

At the bolded, this is me and my man, and he's told me he has a hard time sleeping when I'm not there. He's said it when he knew he wasn't going to see me the next night or day like "Watch, you're gonna be tossin and turnin and not knowing what to do with yourself, I know because that's how I feel." I miss him, but I'm not to the point of not being able to sleep without him next to me. He told me the other day that he wants me to get to the point where I can't breath..not being with him, like it is for him. Now..lol..an ex of mine told me in the beginning straight up that he was going to 'smother me' "I'm going to smother you" and that's exactly what he did but I LET HIM and I learned from that. I'll never get to the point of feeling like I can't breath without him and I need to let him know that I can love him just as much as he loves me without feeling the need to see him everyday. The good thing about this is the potential is there not just us being lovers but best friends, wanting to do everything together, travel, work, everything and nothing at all, and seem to never tire of being with each other and that CAN be beautiful thing.

But I'm trying to get away with not seeing him until Thursday night this week. We talked yesterday, texting and talking on the phone but he didn't press me to come over, we just came out of a full weekend together and I let him know I was sleepy so he told me to get some rest, no, to get lots and lots of rest. I think he's expecting to see me tomorrow, and I want to be there for him when he wants my company but during the week it throws me off of my routine, working out and getting to sleep on time and getting to work on time. So I may need to have a talk to him about that as to why he'll be sleeping without me for 3 nights in a row this week. Hopefully he is understanding, I feel like he will be even if he doesn't like it. I already know how I need to deliver the message to let him know I'll be missing him but I need to 'stay on track'.

I was thinking about this today, and you are a Libra too so maybe you can relate, but I was thinking about my 'need' to ration our time, even though he says he wants me around all the time, I just have this thing, if we have seen each other for 2 or 3 days in a row something automatically triggers me to feel "Ok, time apart time" and I was really trying to think is it about ME needing this time, or feeling like HE is needing this time too even if he doesn't think so? I've come to the conclusion it may be a bit of both, because I know I love spending time with him, and I love that he loves spending so much time with me but I do believe in too much of a good thing and allowing enough time to miss each other can be great when we get together. Plus, I had/have what I considered to be a full life before we met and I'm trying to make room for him in my life as he's asked me to but I don't want the other things in my life to fall by the wayside simply because he's come along. This motivates me to keep taking 'me' time, I just really hope he doesn't misinterpret it to mean I could care less about seeing him, I also don't want it to feed his 'suspicious' side.

I know exactly how you feel :yep::yep:... I love my schnukums and I am not complaining... I guess that's how you know when a man is into to you :grin:

True, I'm not complaining in that aspect either because there are alot of women who are deprived of attention from their mates so I can appreciate it..If we get to the point of merging our lives, meaning living together and marriage which he has already hinted at..then this more than likely won't even be an issue with us. For now though..I need just a little bit of breathing room and come to think of it while we are in this stage, that's exactly how it should be. You can EXPECT to see me everyday when I'm your wife, while I'm your girl (or 'lady' as he calls me) you'll see me when ya see me. :grin:

I'm a Libra, and people who know me and myself consider myself to be a loner. I enjoy closeness with partners and friends when it's that time but I like my alone time and don't like to feel smothered. My Scorpio does not seem to care for alone time at all. I'm the one that initiates our days off from seeing each other. He seriously wants to see me every day, and calls attention to the fact if I go all day without calling or texting him.

ETA : He's a Scorpio with his Venus in Libra and I'm a Libra with my Venus in Scorpio.

This is exactly how the dynamic with my Scorp ex is!! He is the type of person that like to be with his SO aaaall the time and if he's not with you in person, he wants to be on the phone with you all day long. Even now as friends, he will monopolize all my time if I let him. On my part, I feel like I need my space sometimes!! Like man, can I get a break?! LOL. But I will say that no matter how much time we talked or spent time together in the past, I never got tired of being around him... it was more an issue of the both of us needing space every once in a while & me having to initiate it cuz he wouldn't initiate it on his own.

I know with my ex, there have been times where I felt like I needed "me time" to stay on track and explained that to him. Even though he didn't like it, he was understanding and gave me my space... except he was a little hurt and gave me more space than I asked for. :rolleyes: So if you give your SO a reasonable explanation, he will be just fine. He will probably respect the fact that you have a backbone and he can't just completely take you over.

I'm also a Libra with Venus in Scorp, He's a Scorp with a Libra Moon, Venus/Mars in Virgo (which is my rising sign).... we mesh very well when he's not acting in that immature Scorpio mindset (unfortunately, he's in that mindset more often than not, sigh).

Last edited:
This is exactly how the dynamic with my Scorp ex is!! He is the type of person that like to be with his SO aaaall the time and if he's not with you in person, he wants to be on the phone with you all day long. Even now as friends, he will monopolize all my time if I let him. On my part, I feel like I need my space sometimes!! Like man, can I get a break?! LOL. But I will say that no matter how much time we talked or spent time together in the past, I never got tired of being around him... it was more an issue of the both of us needing space every once in a while & me having to initiate it cuz he wouldn't initiate it on his own.

I know with my ex, there have been times where I felt like I needed "me time" to stay on track and explained that to him. Even though he didn't like it, he was understanding and gave me my space... except he was a little hurt and gave me more space than I asked for. :rolleyes: So if you give your SO a reasonable explanation, he will be just fine. He will probably respect the fact that you have a backbone and he can't just completely take you over.

I'm also a Libra with Venus in Scorp, He's a Scorp with a Libra Moon, Venus/Mars in Virgo (which is my rising sign).... we mesh very well when he's not acting in that immature Scorpio mindset (unfortunately, he's in that mindset more often than not, sigh).

Can I ask why you two broke up? Was it over this?

Can I ask why you two broke up? Was it over this?

No, not really... I broke up with him cuz i wasn't in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship at the time. It didn't have much to do with him at all & we actually have gotten closer over the years (we broke up 3 yrs ago)... I actually like the fact that he wants to be around me so much, it makes me feel special lol. I still love him to death.

I will say that in his case, wanting to be around all the time his SO partially stems from neediness/not wanting to be alone or some kind of insecurity (although he also really did like me), but my ex is still very immature... This doesn't appear to be the case with your SO though. He seems more like a grown, mature man... I think he's just really into you. You'd have to ask yourself & follow your intuition on what his motivations are to know for sure, though. Do you feel uncomfortable about the way he's acting?

Unfortunately, my DH AND my son are Scorpios.

They are the most vindicitive, passionate, loyal (can be mistaken for clingy) people I have ever met. My DH is private to the point where I can't stand it.

He is very sensitive. I have to choose my words carefullly because I will say something to hurt him and not even know it. Then, before I know it, he has been holding a grudge for months over something I said. He is also possesive too.

I am a Gemini, so maybe that's part of the issue

No, not really... I broke up with him cuz i wasn't in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship at the time. It didn't have much to do with him at all & we actually have gotten closer over the years (we broke up 3 yrs ago)... I actually like the fact that he wants to be around me so much, it makes me feel special lol. I still love him to death.

I will say that in his case, wanting to be around all the time his SO partially stems from neediness/not wanting to be alone or some kind of insecurity (although he also really did like me), but my ex is still very immature... This doesn't appear to be the case with your SO though. He seems more like a grown, mature man... I think he's just really into you. You'd have to ask yourself & follow your intuition on what his motivations are to know for sure, though. Do you feel uncomfortable about the way he's acting?

Thanks for answering!

I'm not uncomfortable with the way he's acting, it's great for when I want to see him too. It's just a little hard to say "Not today sweetie" when he asks if I'm coming over. It makes me feel like I'm leaving him lonely, like a little guilt trip but at the same time, I gotta do 'me' sometimes. And I'm not talking weeks, just a few days, I don't think that's too unreasonable.

Any Aquarians date a Scorpio? I'm an Aquarius, just met a Scorpio recently and haven't dated one in years (last one left a bad taste in my mouth :perplexed)...I hear Aquarius/Scorpio is not a good match...I just met him so I don't know much about him yet (and judging by how "secretive" this thread says they can be, am now unsure of how much I will ever find out about him! lol!)....

Since no one seemed to start this one...I thought I'd take a swing at it.

I seem to have a magnet in me for Scorpios. 3 of the top 5 closet friends I have are Scorpios.

I am currently madly in love with a Scorpio and I believe he is the most intelligent (near genius), honest (when you ask), sexual (oh yeah) and sensitive man I know. However, you'd never know he's sensitive because Scorpios can hide their emotions very well, men and women.

I am a Saggitarius and we get along surprisingly VERY well but it took many years for us to learn and adapt to one another.

What do you notice about your Scorpio and how do you deal with his ways?

Girl RUN. I'm a Sag and I've dealt w/Scorpio men before. Let me tell you about them:

1. They are ALL about the chase/conquest. The more you resist them, the more they want you.

2. Absolute FREAKS in the bedroom. You can pretty much act out any sexual fantasy you want with them.

3. The ones I've encountered were very respectful when dealing with me, but you can't really trust them 100%

4. They are by nature stingy, but if you let them know that you don't play that "tightwad" ish, they'll be more generous . . . albeit begrudgingly, if that makes sense.

5. JEALOUS LIKE A MUTHA-EFFER: Often jealous of friends who they perceive to be "doing better" than them.

6. COMPLETELY devoid of a conscience!!!!

7. Sensitive about THEIR feelings, but not yours.

I'm not playing . . . if you are just in it to "have fun", then go for it, but I'd be hesitant to get too involved.

I know that you cannot put too much weight into Astrology, but they are on my list of "Never Again". Real Talk: Ike Turner was a Scorpio and Tina Turner is a Sag. Food for thought.

Good Luck! :)

ETA: I just noticed that this was an old thread, but I had to add my two cents.

Last edited:
I'm a Scorpio! I've only dated another Scorpio once before. I wouldn't do it again, unless we were both very mature and I was looking to marry because it is INTENSE.

You can't put two people with that much passion into a relationship.... they'll just explode.

Its always been better when I dated men other signs, because I feel like they just let things be a little more sane and moderate.

I feel like when Scorpios date one another they just *get* each other and they will get so wrapped up in each other until it gets to be too much. :nono:

Not healthy.

And I don't know.... its a lot of different things. I still think that a Scorpio is the best sign to date because once we're in WE'RE IN.... but I just can't do it. It would be too much. I can see my love life being great, but every other aspect of my life be crappy if that makes sense.

Any Aquarians date a Scorpio? I'm an Aquarius, just met a Scorpio recently and haven't dated one in years (last one left a bad taste in my mouth :perplexed)...I hear Aquarius/Scorpio is not a good match...I just met him so I don't know much about him yet (and judging by how "secretive" this thread says they can be, am now unsure of how much I will ever find out about him! lol!)....

Im married to an scorpio and im a aquarians..... Can i say opposite

I will never date one again. The person I date was very secretive and constantly jealous. When he left me (thank you Jesus!) to go back to his previous girlfriend, I took a year to get myself together. I hadn't seen him, heard from him, or heard about him.

When I started dating someone new, all hell broke loose. He accused me of riding past his girlfriends house, following him, etc. We even found our way in court mediation where he tried to lie and say that I was harrassing him on a particular day. My grandmother always said, "If you dig a ditch, dig two". He stated that I came to the house and did all types of outrageous things, but he really got his face cracked when I pulled out hospital records to show that I had major surgery during that time.

Because of all the BS that I went thru with this one, I will NEVER, EVER, deal with a Scorpio man. I know it sounds childish, but that situation scarred me.

I'm a SCORPIO, my other half is a Sag. Ok! we are like oil and water. He's carefree like to go, I like time spent together he think time is only out to eat and in the bedroom. I'm not easy fooled, I'm very kind He on the other hand is kind also very but very jeousy(sp). We been together forever just going through the motions now. I used to date a scorpio and I was stronger than him. In all signs the women are stroger than men.

I don't follow the whole astrology stuff.....Don't believe in it. But I do like to read about the personality quirks.

I'm a scorpio and I found this all interesting. It's true ladies.....run from us crazy scorpios.

ETA- My ex Scorp was the mother of all LIARS. I didn't get the uber passion thing though. He must've been saving that for Scorp woman that he was cheating on me with...

Ah well, I was freakier than him and his thing was wittle so I got over it.

The sexiest man ever was this Virgo. Whew Lawdy!

I refuse to give up my Scorpio because we have too many redeeming moments. When the lights are out and we're in bed we find ourselves giggling and actin' silly like sneaky children. Who else am I gonna have that with?

Scorpio's rock!! I'm a scorpio. I will admit to being obssesive about certain things but in relationships I hate to be "sweated". I need me time, most of the time. If a man thinks he's going to be all over me, all the time, he has another thing coming...rude awakening bruh. One thing I like about myself is my loyalty to those who proven themselves trust worthy. And my passion in all things I do. I have never dated a scorpio man before, I asume it would be awesome!

ETA- My ex Scorp was the mother of all LIARS. I didn't get the uber passion thing though. He must've been saving that for Scorp woman that he was cheating on me with...

Ah well, I was freakier than him and his thing was wittle so I got over it.

The sexiest man ever was this Virgo. Whew Lawdy!

Same here. Very disappointing.

I'm a pisces. He's a scorpio. Astrologically, we're perfect for each other. Realistically, I want to wring his neck sometimes, lol. But for the most part we get along really well. We can read each other pretty well. The passion thing is true :blush:. For the ladies who haven't had the pleasure of experience the sexual passion of scorpio, understand that scorpios are ALL ABOUT CONTROL. He needs to know that he has control over everything. Including himself. What's often said about scorpio is that he can often be boiling with passion on the inside, but keeps a calm, cool, controlled exterior. If you haven't experienced the passion, it may be because he is not sure of his feelings with you yet. Scorpios can sometimes be confused by their own emotions, and refuse to act on them.

Also, note that the passion that is associated with Scorpio is not just sexual...it's about EVERYTHING: from religion to his career, to music, to sports, to politics. He is never lukewarm. Only hot or cold, black or white, night or day, love or hate.

Linda Goodman does the best job of describing them: http://www.cyberspacei.com/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/scorpio.htm#_Toc6672025

I'm a pisces. He's a scorpio. Astrologically, we're perfect for each other. Realistically, I want to wring his neck sometimes, lol. But for the most part we get along really well. We can read each other pretty well. The passion thing is true :blush:. For the ladies who haven't had the pleasure of experience the sexual passion of scorpio, understand that scorpios are ALL ABOUT CONTROL. He needs to know that he has control over everything. Including himself. What's often said about scorpio is that he can often be boiling with passion on the inside, but keeps a calm, cool, controlled exterior. If you haven't experienced the passion, it may be because he is not sure of his feelings with you yet. Scorpios can sometimes be confused by their own emotions, and refuse to act on them.

Also, note that the passion that is associated with Scorpio is not just sexual...it's about EVERYTHING: from religion to his career, to music, to sports, to politics. He is never lukewarm. Only hot or cold, black or white, night or day, love or hate.

Linda Goodman does the best job of describing them: http://www.cyberspacei.com/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/scorpio.htm#_Toc6672025

The underlined describes my ex-situation to a T. Im not even talking to him anymore I'm so fed up with him. One minute he is completely into me, planning my birthday (months away) and talking about our future children and our wedding. The next minute he's talking about how he doesn't know if he wants to get back with his ex. 4 months of this and I'm fed up. I'm one stubborn Virgo and once I move-on, I move -on for good. So I guess thats the end of this situation---unless he calls and apologizes like he's done the last 3 times I've tried to move-on. But I'm going to try to stay strong.

The underlined describes my ex-situation to a T. Im not even talking to him anymore I'm so fed up with him. One minute he is completely into me, planning my birthday (months away) and talking about our future children and our wedding. The next minute he's talking about how he doesn't know if he wants to get back with his ex. 4 months of this and I'm fed up. I'm one stubborn Virgo and once I move-on, I move -on for good. So I guess thats the end of this situation---unless he calls and apologizes like he's done the last 3 times I've tried to move-on. But I'm going to try to stay strong.

I'm also a Virgo and supposedly Virgo and Scorpio are a good match.

That said, the man that currently peaks my interest is very discreet, despises clinginess, and there are times I won't hear from him for a day or two.

In person, he isnt big on showing public affection or being emotional. Actually, he keeps all his emotions in check but sometimes it shows as us Virgos can be persistent and get it out of a man. :grin:

Is it true that Scorpios despise arguing? Actually, it seems like Scorpios won't even entertain arguing. They really are in control of their emotions, feelings, everything!

As a Virgo this irritates me because we generally love being critical and making our points known and will fight tooth and nail to "win" an argument.

Ugh.

I don't know anymore. If Scorpios are known for their passion, why dont they show it in abundance? Why reserve feelings if they exist?

And why do Scorpios take forever to make a darn decision and keep others waiting?

UGH.

That said, the man that currently peaks my interest is very discreet, despises clinginess, and there are times I won't hear from him for a day or two.

In person, he isnt big on showing public affection or being emotional. Actually, he keeps all his emotions in check but sometimes it shows as us Virgos can be persistent and get it out of a man. :grin:

Is it true that Scorpios despise arguing? Actually, it seems like Scorpios won't even entertain arguing. They really are in control of their emotions, feelings, everything!

As a Virgo this irritates me because we generally love being critical and making our points known and will fight tooth and nail to "win" an argument.

Ugh.

I don't know anymore. If Scorpios are known for their passion, why dont they show it in abundance? Why reserve feelings if they exist?

And why do Scorpios take forever to make a darn decision and keep others waiting?

UGH.

My whatever(?) was very open about his feelings about me and with me. He and I had no problem talking and I didnt have to coax anything out of him really. I think out of the two of us, I was the one who didnt like PDA and all that touchy feely but he was usually trying to find someway to be near me or touch me.

Idk about arguing. I don't think they like a lot of fuss but they don't mind a debate. Our arguments go something like this. I get emotional and go on a tirade, he asks me if Im done, I say yes then calmly explain my point. He counters and then we resolve. Its very healthy, I still get to go crazy and hormonal but we work something out to the point that its done and we never bring it up again.

Hmm, my ex-situation-whatever-you-want-to-call-it was very apparantly passionate about whatever he was doing at the time. I never saw him do anything by half. If that joker was going to take a nap it would be the best nap ever taken.

Scorpios and decisions, I just don't think I will ever get that. I can't speak for all virgos but I am very decisive. I pick a course and I stick to it and I do it all very quickly. So anybody who takes too long to make a decision about anything will annoy me to no end. I know part of this is that I need to learn to be more patient but still 4 months and you can't decide? WTF, Thats just ignorance to me.

Last edited:
My homegirl (also a pisces) dated a scorpio who did the exact same thing. He would go from one extreme to the next. I think they do that on purpose to toy with you. Most of the time, they don't mean it though. I've dealt with this with my scorp on a much smaller scale, but I always call him out and he laughs about it because he knows I see right through it. Seeing as this is the sign of seduction, they play the ultimate seducer: the coquette.

Ugh.

UGH.
See my previous post. A scorpio male's desire for control is MUCH stronger than his need to express feelings in abundance, especially if it's something he is unsure about.

About the decisions, one thing about them, especially the one I'm dealing with, is that once they DO make a decision, they stick to it. I've never seen anyone exercise willpower quite the way scorpios do. This man decided to stop being late for events, and once that decision was made, that was IT. He recently decided to stop watching tv, and that televesion hasn't been turned on since. Maybe that's why they take a while to decide, because they know that once they make a decision, it's something that they will stick to.
Hmm, my ex-situation-whatever-you-want-to-call-it was very apparantly passionate about whatever he was doing at the time. I never saw him do anything by half. If that joker was going to take a nap it would be the best nap ever taken.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: Who you tellin?? I've never seen this scorpio man do anything half-arsed. Eating, sleeping, you name it!

Last edited:
My homegirl (also a pisces) dated a scorpio who did the exact same thing. He would go from one extreme to the next. I think they do that on purpose to toy with you. Most of the time, they don't mean it though. I've dealt with this with my scorp on a much smaller scale, but I always call him out and he laughs about it because he knows I see right through it. Seeing as this is the sign of seduction, they play the ultimate seducer: the coquette.

Have you been reading "The Art of Seduction"? Maybe I should dust off my copy and figure out how to win this game.

Have you been reading "The Art of Seduction"? Maybe I should dust off my copy and figure out how to win this game.
:grin: You have a sharp eye, my friend! Sometimes you have to really be armed, especially with these scorps, lol. I haven't read it in its entirety, just the summaries they have online, and then I went to Borders and sat down for a couple of hours skimming though it, taking note of the parts relevant to my situation. That too, is a good book! In terms of seductive charater, my scorpio sometimes plays the coquette, but he is mostly the charmer. As far as the victim, he is a lonely leader/conquerer mix. These types most definitely respond to coquettish behavior, so I'm on the right path following The Rules and WMMB principles.

I'm Aquarian, I will not be with a Scorpio man again. (Never say never, but I notice patterns and act accordingly.)

My first Scorpio was my first ever boyfriend. Talk about *intense*. He said he was in love with me after knowing me about a week. He wanted to spend all our free time together. When we went together to the social club on campus he wanted to stick to my side the whole time. Not the business for the independent Aquarian.:nono:

The intensity can be quite flattering and it makes for a very ... well... intense, passionate relationship which can be thrilling and feel good, esp when you are a teenager. But not the unjustified jealousy over silliness and over guys i wouldn't have been caught dead with. The possessiveness. The clinginess. Not for me.

One other pro was that he was very sensual. He was my first intro to kissing and to physical intimacies. All we did was foreplay, but God, he was good at that! I've *never* had fp so good since then, and that was about 15 years ago.

I was also briefly involved with another Scorpio some years later. And the clinginess and possessiveness and intensity was in full force. Calling me several times in succession on the same night saying he "needed to see me". When I decided not to see him anymore, he said the relationship wasn't over because just like it takes two people to be in a relationship, it takes two to end it. :spinning: :nono: I kindly told him that since it requires a *minimum* of two people, once one person is finished with it, there is no relationship. I told him one person in a relationship was harassment / stalking. He never really grasped that though.

So I said never again, and have never looked back.

Promises self NEVER to deal with a Scorpio again :wallbash:

Oh no! Your a capricorn right? According to astrology, capricorns and scorpios are suppose to be one of the best matches, but I rarely read of things working between the two. There's a scorpio that I like and we just cannot seem to get on the same page. I have a feeling he's way too complicated for simple ole me.

Back