Dating and Dealing With A SCORPIO MAN

BeautifulFlower

Since no one seemed to start this one...I thought I'd take a swing at it.

I seem to have a magnet in me for Scorpios. 3 of the top 5 closet friends I have are Scorpios.

I am currently madly in love with a Scorpio and I believe he is the most intelligent (near genius), honest (when you ask), sexual (oh yeah) and sensitive man I know. However, you'd never know he's sensitive because Scorpios can hide their emotions very well, men and women.

I am a Saggitarius and we get along surprisingly VERY well but it took many years for us to learn and adapt to one another.

What do you notice about your Scorpio and how do you deal with his ways?

Last edited:
all of my scorpios and my most recent ex who is a real love of my life and my dad is all of what you described

intelligent, honest, sexual, very very sensitive to point of guarded, intense, giving, loyal

I am a Scorpio and my first love/high school sweetheart was a Scorpio. I have been with a few others after him so I'm kinda familiar with Scorpio men. Here is my take on them:

PROS
-VERY sexual with high sex drive
-very smart
-intensely loyal..they play for keeps
-determined and goal oriented
-generous
-sensitive

CONS
-very private and love to keep secrets
-sharp tongue..will say anything regardless of whether it may hurt your feelings or not
-hold grudges and extremely petty
-very jealous-they are not just jealous of what you do but of what you think as well!
-vindictive
-does not like to display emotions, it is a sign of vulnerability or weakness to them

Goodness gracious you hit it right on the head for every single characteristic.

VERY VERY SECRETIVE. It is very annoying. :nono: Its like you dont have anything real bad to find but you find it anyway. Whats up with that?

I am a Scorpio and my first love/high school sweetheart was a Scorpio. I have been with a few others after him so I'm kinda familiar with Scorpio men. Here is my take on them:

PROS
-very smart
-generous
-sensitive

CONS
-sharp tongue..will say anything regardless of whether it may hurt your feelings or not
-very jealous-they are not just jealous of what you do but of what you think as well!
-vindictive
-does not like to display emotions, it is a sign of vulnerability or weakness to them

Goodness gracious you hit it right on the head for every single characteristic.

VERY VERY SECRETIVE. It is very annoying. :nono: Its like you dont have anything real bad to find but you find it anyway. Whats up with that?

Well, I've been called secretive too so I guess I can't really say much. :yep: I think that the more you get to know a Scorpio, the more open they become..BUT there will always be that one little secret that they keep to themselves.

scorpio here and guilty except i missed the jealousy gene but overcome that with the being private one and op my best friend is a sag and we get along great neva dated a scorpio though so we would have to see

PROS
-very smart
-generous
-sensitive

CONS
-vindictive

on point with the cons as well...lol

Thats true. Over the years he has opened up a lot more. It was almost like he was a different person. :look: But he still does the secretive thing. I guess its nature. But I trust him either way. I guess for me I am "honest to a fault" (typically Sag characteristic) and to have to deal with someone that is "secretive" is annoying. Oh well, I love him anyway....:yep:

Well, I've been called secretive too so I guess I can't really say much. :yep: I think that the more you get to know a Scorpio, the more open they become..BUT there will always be that one little secret that they keep to themselves.

Scorpios also "say what they mean and mean what they say." Not a whole lot of figurative speaking. Its cut-throat and to the point. They sugar coat NOTHING and its admirable to be so blunt.

scorpios are wonderfully passionate and will give their left arm to you, but cross them and its oVER!!!!! Watch your back and go into witness protection if you do :look:

scorpios are wonderfully passionate and will give their left arm to you, but cross them and its oVER!!!!! Watch your back and go into witness protection if you do :look:

yea my ex held grudges for years...I've helped him release a few....he still has more to work on.....lol....still workin on pops...

Scorpio here: And a lot of these characteristics hold true for me. As I mature, and after dealing with a Cancer, I am not really jealous, petty, or vindictive at all. He took the cake!!:rolleyes:

Oh and the sharp tongue thing gets me in trouble all the time, but at the same time, that's why people love me. All scorpios I know are too honest and they don't hold anything back.

Last edited:
I just ended my relationship with a Scorpio. I am a Sag. He was very honest and not secretive at all. He told me EVERYTHING! He did have a smart *** mouth, very ambitious. Extremely high sex drive and passionate. He taught me a few thangs or two! BUT....he was financially irresponsible which he acknowledged. Very smart and goal oriented and could tell you and everyone else what to do but didn't have his stuff together. It was just draining for me emotionally listening to him talk about his "financial challenges." He is a self-employed businessman and community activist, so everything on the surface looks to good to everybody.

Very spiritual and would use "God working it out" or "everything happening in divine order" vs. getting off his butt and trying to get his business in order. Great conversations and I learned alot from but I had to let it go. Him being 41 living with a roomate, behind on child support for years, car note not paid in a year, and always broke didn't do it for me!

He was honest though. I didn't have to find out these things on my own. I just opted to bounce!

Im a scorpio and you hit the nail on the head. Im very secretive. I lost friends over it. I dated a scorp years ago and it could not last.:nono:

Scorpio here: And a lot of these characteristics hold true for me. As I mature, and after dealing with a Cancer, I am not really jealous, petty, or vindictive at all. He took the cake!!:rolleyes:

Oh and the sharp tongue thing gets me in trouble all the time, but at the same time, that's why people love me. All scorpios I know are too honest and they don't hold anything back.
Yea, I'm a scorpio and my mouth gets me in trouble:look:

My SO is a scorpio and yes he is very intelligent, very secretive, very sensitive, passionate ( i love it). What gets me is how he guards himself emotionally, so when he lets it out, its like a whole rush of emotion and passion..its hard to explain. The main thing that we conflict is control...I am a leo. Scorpios like to get in your mind mentally imo.

PROS
-very smart
-generous
-sensitive

CONS
-vindictive

Yes this is true. I forgot to add, I have to be careful what I say to my SO bc he is sensitive, he would hold on to what I say even if it was not that serious.

I am a scorpio and I dated two of them. Sensitive is oh so true!! And secretive is very true. People think we are hiding stuff because its bad or we are being dishonest but it has nothing to do with that. Not sure why it is but its not with malicious intent.

I don't date Scorpios ANYMORE!
Had too many passionate love affairs in HS and post college with Scorpio men that left me - skinny, depressed, crying all night etc...when it ended.
The "ride" :lick: was fun but when the train pulled into the station and I got kicked off - I was a basket case.
They're great lovers but I found them to be ego-driven whores.

No offense to any lady Scorpios!
This is just my experience with male Scorpios.

What gets me is how he guards himself emotionally, so when he lets it out, its like a whole rush of emotion and passion..its hard to explain.

:yep:That's what Scorpios do..they let their emotions boil under the surface while they appear cool and calm on the outside and then at some point they explode..leaving you to wonder, wow, where is all this coming from so fast?

:yep:That's what Scorpios do..they let their emotions boil under the surface while they appear cool and calm on the outside and then at some point they explode..leaving you to wonder, wow, where is all this coming from so fast?

yes....my ex wasn't good at not letting his real emotions come out, good at pretending I didn't know what I was talking about.....his favorite line in the world....."Im not trippin" off nothing, nobody ever......super lying....luckily he's gotten into writing and he's been releasing, letting go, forgiving and opening up more....and he blows things out of proportion, his versions of stories be so off and correlating to his bruised ego that its not even funny

I was trying to stay away from this thread.
I'm in love with a scorpio, and he doesn't love me... in that same way.
We click. this is what he tells me, but he doesn't even have to say that, I already knew that.

he calls or texts me almost every day. (joke is, he seeks me out, not the other way around)
We dated years ago. It didn't work out -he never told me why, but yet he's back.
we can't do it again, but I can't stay away.

(oh yeah. we're super long distance, that might've had something to do with it on his part, but, i know, if he really wanted it, he could make it happen)

>sigh<

yes....my ex wasn't good at not letting his real emotions come out, good at pretending I didn't know what I was talking about.....his favorite line in the world....."Im not trippin" off nothing, nobody ever......super lying....luckily he's gotten into writing and he's been releasing, letting go, forgiving and opening up more....and he blows things out of proportion, his versions of stories be so off and correlating to his bruised ego that its not even funny

Even though I don't put much stock in just sun sign astrology, I had to comment on this. My last ex, a Scorpio, was the saaaame way. He could have a problem with you and would never admit to it, even when I would straight up ask him if he had a problem with me he would like to address. On the surface, he loves to act like Mr. Nice Guy.

Unfortunately excessive secrecy can lead to lies, and he has a problem with that... both to himself & other people.

He has a really sensitive ego also, to the point where I couldn't give him even gentle criticism cuz his ego would not allow it. He would automatically disagree with whatever I have to say. I am always having to tell him, why are you getting so angry about xyz, it's not that serious lol... and his interpretation of certain events are always quite hilarious.

He is loyal to a fault, never lets go of his close friends, and is pretty sensitive, insightful & emotional but good luck seeing that side of him.

I was trying to stay away from this thread.
I'm in love with a scorpio, and he doesn't love me... in that same way.
We click. this is what he tells me, but he doesn't even have to say that, I already knew that.

he calls or texts me almost every day. (joke is, he seeks me out, not the other way around)
We dated years ago. It didn't work out
-he never told me why, but yet he's back.
we can't do it again, but I can't stay away.

(oh yeah. we're super long distance, that might've had something to do with it on his part, but, i know, if he really wanted it, he could make it happen)

>sigh<

omg, yes! The bolded is me and my ex to a tee! It is confusing as hell cuz it's like you seek me out, call me all the time & wanna talk all day long, at one point we were hanging out every single day, we click, but yet you don't want a relationship. I have let go & given up at this point, but at one time it was really getting to me. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Even though I don't put much stock in just sun sign astrology, I had to comment on this. My last ex, a Scorpio, was the saaaame way. He could have a problem with you and would never admit to it, even when I would straight up ask him if he had a problem with me he would like to address. On the surface, he loves to act like Mr. Nice Guy.

Unfortunately excessive secrecy can lead to lies, and he has a problem with that... both to himself & other people.

He has a really sensitive ego also, to the point where I couldn't give him even gentle criticism cuz his ego would not allow it. He would automatically disagree with whatever I have to say. I am always having to tell him, why are you getting so angry about xyz, it's not that serious lol... and his interpretation of certain events are always quite hilarious.

He is loyal to a fault, never lets go of his close friends, and is pretty sensitive, insightful & emotional but good luck seeing that side of him.

omg, yes! The bolded is me and my ex to a tee! It is confusing as hell cuz it's like you seek me out, call me all the time & wanna talk all day long, at one point we were hanging out every single day, we click, but yet you don't want a relationship. I have let go & given up at this point, but at one time it was really getting to me. :ohwell:

This thread is helping to explain alot for me. He will be boiling inside about something never say a word until maybe like 3 months later. But like you said, if you're not VERY close to him...the insightful and emotional side never comes through. And in the beginning, we clicked, were together almost everyday but not relationship and WHY.....he had issues with me he never expressed until I pryed it out. But he only moved until another guy moved on his territory and didnt tell me the situation was hurting the hell out of him until 3 MONTHS LATER.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Jealous and loyal to a fault is too too too true. Their discussions to move into a relationship is often a logical move opposed to an emotional one like most people. :rolleyes:

Lol, you feel me then, cuz i walked away from this thread feeling pretty stupid.
Every time I think i let go, he resurfaces, and i realize i haven't dealt with it properly.
Yeah. if it were up to him, and he lived here, we'd be hanging out everyday.
He knows i'm going to florida in april, and i'll staying 2 hours away from where he lives, and he's already making plans... :ohwell:

Yep! That is what I always think...where is this coming from? lol. But it really took me a minute to figure out how sensitive he was bc he was always so cool and collected. Now that I really now how he is, I now know how to tear down those guarded walls. It is working. I told him straight up, it is not going to work out if he keeps things bottled up. Being a Leo, I am more of a open book and I like to tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Back