Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

karenjoe

I'm really happy you stuck with it. *so happy*:hug2:

It takes a while, but the Benefits are so worth it.:yep:

And there are so many wonderful Combos you can come up with.

I've never done 1 my hair didn't like.

Every blend I've made has been delish on my hair. :lick:

Even a strong black blend worked nicely for me.

For others...not so much.

Idaret

you are soo right.... I throw in 3 diffirent teas

I sprayed the nite before let it dry slept in it( my hair wasn't soft yet)
I wouldn't spray my past mix in weekly like some people do....:nono:
not with out conditioner on top. it wouldn't be soft with out the conditioner

what would be a good gentle leave in Tea....?

Brewed my 'rinse' blend overnight: Bhringaraj, nettle, saw palmetto, lavendar, horsetail, rosehip, catnip and pepperming.

Brewing while I'm at work today my 'DC' blend of: Hibiscus, marshmallow root, fenugree, burdock, thyme, fennel, green and catnip.

ETA: The above pic was my leave in blend (that I brewed for about 4 hours): Roobois, fenugreek, marshmallow root, slippery elm, malva, moringa and lemongrass.

jprayze said:
Ok so the thyme was really marjoram! I'm not that good with identifying herbs yet...and I'm still getting free herbs biweekly. I have plenty in the freezer for the winter :-)

Sprayed the black tea/basil/marjoram blend over DC, rinsed, and sprayed a little more to leave in. Getting all my hair tasks done today in case the power goes out.

karenjoe

Maybe something 'light' like: Horsetail, Green, Chamomile, Nettle, Hibiscus.:yep: Until you find out what you like.:lick:

I guess You just have to play around with it and come up with a Combo that works for you.

Right now I'm doing a blend of Saw Palmetto, Horsetail, Nettle, Burdock.

I will be doing a Moringa Blend with maybe some Horsetail or something.

I can't wait to try out my Peppermint. That sounds good. I'll probably add something nice to it.

karenjoe...I agree with IDareT'sHair and keeping it light. My leave in brew I don't steep for as long as my other brews. I would go for light and maybe tea's that give shine and potential slip: Fenugreek, moringa, slippery elm, marshmallow root (in addition to the ones T mentioned upthread).

Used my Njoi GTHC. She added black tea to her herbal rinse tea bags so I can't wait to try those out. The original ones left my hair sooooo soft that without it my hair has been acting out! I hope this new recipe is awesome.

ETA: here are the ingredient just in case anyone was wondering

Each tea bag is filled with 2 heaping teaspoons of herbs.Like the wonderful conditioning trio herb organic nettles, coltsfoot and horsetail which are known to be rich in minerals that help nourish the scalp and promote hair growth...i also added cassia henna(neutral),sage,black tea, lavender,calendula, chamomile flowers, hibiscus, blue malva,spearmint, peppermint,ground burdock root and marshmellow root powder.

Last edited:
@thanks IdareT, Nix08 & Babygrowth

I think the caffeine strong teas (Black, etc.) will make my hair hard (which is ok) if I'm dousing conditioner on after..... I like spraying the nite before when I comb out. no conditioner until the next day

I'll
try a few mentioned which seem to be caffeine free..... yea...

thanks guys.... I took the bands off my pigtails yesterday...... NO shedding! !:grin:

Last edited:
Each tea bag is filled with 2 heaping teaspoons of herbs.Like the wonderful conditioning trio herb organic nettles, coltsfoot and horsetail which are known to be rich in minerals that help nourish the scalp and promote hair growth...i also added cassia henna(neutral),sage,black tea, lavender,calendula, chamomile flowers, hibiscus, blue malva,spearmint, peppermint,ground burdock root and marshmellow root powder.

Babygrowth

She has some Great Stuff. I love Njoi CreationS:lick:....:yep:

Ok, so far, I'm really loving the benefits of adding tea to my routine.

At my last wash, I sprayed my hair with my black tea before putting on my deep conditioner. Then I rinsed it out and I re-sprayed my hair with tea before adding my leave-in. It felt like I could right away see a difference in the amount of hair that came out as I styled my hair.

And since that time, I added some black tea to the water in my spray bottle (so it wasn't full strength tea). Every time I've re-moisturized my hair, I've sprayed on the watered down tea before adding additional leave-in conditioner.

What I'm loving so far:

- I really do feel like I'm losing less strands. So I'm hopeful about adding some thickness to my hair.
- Surprisingly, using the tea seems to lay down my hair cuticles. So I'm finding that my hair is dramatically less tangly than usual, esp. at the roots. I'm actually able to run my fingers through my hair and do some minor detangling in between washes. This usually never happens.
- My hair appears to be shinier.

Like others, I wish I had started incorporating black tea into my routine a long time ago. Thank you to all the ladies that have been sharing in this thread.

Going to Steep something interesting. I have a Tazo Tea Bag which is Peppermint, Spearmint and Tarragon leaves.

I'll throw in maybe a Green and maybe a Rosemary with it and use it next wash day.

So this week so far I have used my GTHC, Coco creme LI and I have revisited my Claudies Q&C creams. So far so good. I guess dying my hair made the claudies work for me.

IDareT'sHair I used my tea concoction for the first time as a rinse and I didn't rinse it out. Do you think that's ok or should I have rinsed it out? I used about 8oz of it to rinse with. I used my moisturizer and then sealed it with Avocado oil.

Nice & Wavy:grin: Nice & Wavy

Hey Lady!

Yeah, I was also rinsing it out and decided to leave it in and actually like the results better.

I also talked to Claudie, Shia (from Shi-Naturals) and both said to leave it in.

I've also had other Teas that were specifically made to be left in.

Hairveda
Njoi's Herbal
It's Perfectly Natural

To name a few

Last edited:
Nice & Wavy:grin: @Nice & Wavy

Hey Lady!

Yeah, I was also rinsing it out and decided to leave it in and actually like the results better.

I also talked to Claudie, Shia (from Shi-Naturals) and both said to leave it in.

I've also had other Teas that were specifically made to be left in.

Hairveda
Njoi's Herbal
It's Perfectly Natural

To name a few
Thank you so much IDareT'sHair!!! My hair has dried and it is fabulous....oh my goodness. Why did I sleep on this for so long? I love my concoction and will continue with this for a long time!

Nice & Wavy

Gurrl:rolleyes:..........I thought the same thing.:blush:

What was I thinking? Why did I sleep on this. :nono:

I kept thinking it was being 'extra' but it's really not - now I wouldn't skip it.:lick:

I'm Steeping: Lipton's Black Pearl & something else *can't remember?* it was loose in my Purse.:lol:

Also a Tea Bag of:
Lemongrass, Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Green Tea Leaf, Peach, Alfaiffa Seed, Tumeric Root, Celery Seed, Organic Spearmint Leaf, Yucca Root Extract, Cat's Claw Bark and Devil's Claw Root Extract.

*I have 2 Bags of this and will use it up & see how I like it.

Black tea rinse today under joico moisture recovery balm; DC for 20 mns with a shower cap and heat. Lost more hair than i have gotten used to since starting tea rinsing. Maybe i need to start experimenting with other teas. I will try adding green tea, chamomile and nettle next wash day to see f i lose less hair. I have to admit, due to loss of power i had to push wash day from wednesday to saturday. I know that my hair acts up when it's dirty so that could have been the reason. Anyways still in the game.

Back