Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I forested some pine needles, :yep: I am cold with it. Pine needle tea. Killed another fern, so he is going in the brew. Don't judge me. I will learn how to keep a fern alive in Southern California one day.

Ok I'm so tempted to go look for oolong tea....I'm trying to resist...don't really know why though:look:

I stay away from drinking it.
I tired it, I got soo hot.... my pulse was racing...

while sitting in my car at a light I noticed my window was fogging up!! :spinning:
I was on my way for a physical, I was sweating..... I was ask did i drink coffee I said no oolong tea....

the Dr said some people drink it for weight lost... is that why you drank it?
I said no I heard it was good for you. he said don't drink that, your heart is racing...... :ohwell::drunk:

I kept it so.... maybe I can get my hair to race out of my scalp? :grin:

Last edited:
I had a wash day on Monday and didn't tea :( about to cowash tonight and I must tea Rinse! Now steeping with tazo lotus (green tea with lotus blossoms)

jprayze

I have a Tazo Zen (Green Tea) Bag, I might pop that in this evening to Steep.

The lotus smelled amazing. I used it this am. Sprayed it in on over my cholesterol DC and let it sit for a minute. Then I rinsed it all and used it as my final rinse. My hair felt :lick: wonderful! Curls were popping and it felt soft and strong (perfect combination). I had maybe 10 shed hairs when I detangled. This was my first time using green tea and I loved it!

karenjoe WoW what a reaction!!! But the idea of my hair sprinting out of my scalp...that I can work with...think I'm going to go look for it today:yep:

DarkJoy has just frog marched me to the health food shop with my arm twisted up my back and demanded that I buy Oolong tea.

(At least she would have done if we were in the same country :lachen: :lol:)

LMAO!!!

Yes, ya'll...aint nothin like a good oolong rinse--AND a nice hot cup. It's REALLY making my hair grow with the drinking. I've been taking hair measurements... so while your rinse or DC with it, don't forget to sip! :lick:

I'm currently pre poo-ing with Hair trigga which has tea in. Later today I'll dc with oolong under my condish and use my HV tea mist as a leave-in. And of course oil my scalp with Trigga

ETA: I also added a Nettle and peppermint teabag to my oolong.

Last edited:
oolong tea will soon be in short supply...lol! I'm trying decide which blend to add it to. I'm thinking the dc blend.

Uses tea in a simple dc today and rinses.

I'm currently pre poo-ing with Hair trigga which has tea in. Later today I'll dc with oolong under my condish and use my HV tea mist as a leave-in. And of course oil my scalp with Trigga

ETA: I also added a Nettle and peppermint teabag to my oolong.
How'd the oolong work for you @Bajanmum?

@Nix08, it really seems to enhance the DCs, so that's a great choice! :yep:
___

As an update, loving my oolong/nettle braid spray which I use morning and night. I modified the formula using less honey and oil and stronger tea. This kanekalon doesnt seem to like too much on it. I got crochet braids, in case you were wondering...

How'd the oolong work for you @Bajanmum

Gurlfriend, DarkJoy

You so right about the Oolong. My hair is so soft and strong. I was worried that like all other black tea, it would make my hair hard. And even as I poured the oolong over my head, I could feel my hair curling up on itself and turning a little hard. But I powered on through. Put on my DC and slathered some trigga oil on top of that. And left it for an hour under a plastic cap.

When I rinsed it all out, boy oh boy, lovely soft tresses. So thank-you for sharing your tip with us. It's definitely a keeper for me.

We are some Real Tea Heads up in herreh!:coffee:

Jan 1, I plan to switch to Coffee *I keep pushing this date back*:blush:

It was suppose to Nov 1, then Dec 1:look:....:lol:

I need to put.the.tea.down.:drool:

Brewing a fresh batch of my rinse blend: Bhringaraj, nettle, saw palmento, lavendar, horsetail, rosehip, catnip and peppermint.

Will brew overnight my leave in blend: roobois, fenugreek, marshmallowroot, slippery elm, moringa, lemongrass

When I refresh my DC blend I'll put oolong in there:yep:

We are some Real Tea Heads up in herreh!:coffee:

Jan 1, I plan to switch to Coffee *I keep pushing this date back*:blush:

It was suppose to Nov 1, then Dec 1:look:....:lol:

I need to put.the.tea.down.:drool:

@IDareT'sHair

What about doing both. I sometimes put my herbs in some hot black coffee and then allow to cool. It then becomes my herbal coffee tea :lol:

Last edited:
Gurlfriend, @DarkJoy

You so right about the Oolong.

When I rinsed it all out, boy oh boy, lovely soft tresses. So thank-you for sharing your tip with us. It's definitely a keeper for me.

You are very welcome! :drunk: Me lurrrvs some oolong. Glad to make another addict...er convert. :lol:

Haven't been posting but I consistently spritz my hair 1-2x day with a tea spritz. Been mostly using Sheanatural Beauty's Spiced Apple Tea Rinse :yep:. Others in the rotation are Claudie's, Hairveda's, and IPN's tea rinses.

Will use Black, Saw Palmetto & Bamboo tonight.

And will Steep: Black, Saw Palmetto and Bamboo Root again for Friday.

My Oolong is on the way!:woot:

Still using black tea under my dc with great success. Maybe when i get brave enough I will try the other teas. You all make it sound so good.

Back