Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I've had it go bad once when I left the spray bottle out for a week w/o and EO in it to preserve. With an EO and the oils in it? Lasts 2 weeks easy. I've kept it as long as 3.

I've been known to make a quart. It lasts forever in the fridge. With a bit of EO, I swear it lasts a month...

And I used it when it smelled funny. Made no nevermind to my hair or scalp! LOL. I like to think the fermentation made it grow more that week. :lachen:

I couldn't find black tea at Walmart tonight:( luckily I have 4 more left I'll be brewing 2 tomorrow for Sundays tea rinse

lamaria211, regular tea is black just because it doesn't say black on't get on labeling. If you see tea just like lifton, earl, tetley(walmart) its black. labeling black tea as black is a new thing since green tea is hyped up now.

Going into the kitchen to brew some black tea, I will throw a sprig of rosemary in. I froze a bunch of it and it is preserving remarkably well, retained color and aroma :-)

What do you use the spritz for? Do you spritz your hair and leave it in? Do you use it in place of water and then seal?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to Nix08 I will be experimenting with tea rinsing. I have some regular old Lipton black tea.

I won't join the challenge because I am already in several. I hope I see a decrease in shedding.

Froreal3 ...can't wait to get your feedback:grin:

I have high hopes! I will use it as a spritz this week because my hair is in twists. Then on Sunday (wash day) I will rinse with it and then do a dc with Ors replenishing pak for a protein boost. Will report on Sunday!

HI All,

Can you experienced tea rinse ladies provide alternative teas for shedding other then black tea. I am currently using Lipton black tea for shedding and it leaves my hair too stiff/hard.

Can you also provide teas that i can use as a moisturizing leave-in. Thanks

RODI

I would try:
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto

A Variety of Sellers make Tea Moisturizers
Qhemet's Moringa
Hairveda's Green Tea & Hairveda Red Tea Hair Creme
Njoi CreationS has a Green Tea Butter
Hairitage Hydrations has a Green Tea Butter
It's Perfectly Natural has a Tea Pomade (which contains Green & Black Tea)

There are options out there. Some of the Pre-Made Tea Rinses might be another option:
Claudie
Shi Naturals

So I spritz my hair with the black tea. It looked shinier for some reason. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. :perplexed

Froreal3 I wouldn't be surprised if it was the tea. The effects of tea seem to be visible almost immediately.

I'm happy to report that my tea rinsing has turned my very minimal grey hairs:look:....not so grey:grin:

Not tea rinsing but tea drinking...honestly I am so thankful to IDareT'sHair for putting moringa on my radar...I drink it daily and the benefits have been great..I try and convince everyone I know to drink it too:look:

@RODI

I would try:
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto

A Variety of Sellers make Tea Moisturizers
Qhemet's Moringa
Hairveda's Green Tea & Hairveda Red Tea Hair Creme
Njoi CreationS has a Green Tea Butter
Hairitage Hydrations has a Green Tea Butter
It's Perfectly Natural has a Tea Pomade (which contains Green & Black Tea)

There are options out there. Some of the Pre-Made Tea Rinses might be another option:
Claudie
Shi Naturals

IDareT'sHair thanks. I went to my health food store and saw the teas but they were all caffeine free. I thought that it was the DHT blocking effect from the caffeine that stops shedding.

Please clarify before I purchase. Caffeine of caffeine free?

@RODI

Saw Palmetto removes/blocks DHT

And ask someone that works at the store. Maybe they can recommend something like Dandelion Root Tea etc.....

I am using Black and Saw Palmetto (along with the others I mentioned). There are alot of other Natural things that block DHT other than Caffeine

Last edited:
I'm letting some black tea steep right now. Then I'm going to co-wash my hair. After that, I'm going to spray on the tea and cover it with my deep conditioner. I've been having issues w/ shedding.

For those that found that tea rinses decreased their shedding, how long was it before your hair felt noticeably thicker?

SEMO

I'd say I noticed a Huge Difference in about 1 month. Noticeable difference (in shedding) was after a couple of Wash Days.

As I've said numerous times: Black Tea/Coffee Rinses was the best thing I did to improve my overall Regimen in 2011.

Back