Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Anyone got a way of brewing herbal powders, roots and leaves without making any mess. I''ve lots of herbal roots powders and leaves just sitting in my cabinet. Thanks!

@jprayze

I think most Green Tea is Caffeine Free. I think several folks @Nix08 @DarkJoy @Lita @choctaw @Ltown might be able to give you more specifics on rinising with Green Tea.

I use Herbal Teas for Rinsing and have some Green Tea & Green Tea Leaves (which I haven't used yet). Here are some of the ones I use regularly.

Burdock Root
Nettle
Catnip
Fenugreek
Horsetail Grass
Chammomile
Hibiscus
Bamboo Leaf

And several others. They are all Caffeine Free.

:sad: I thought the caffeine is what made the tea work? NO?

karenjoe

The Caffeine in Black definitely stimulates your Follicles and removes/block DHT to help with growth, shedding, etc....

However, Herbal Teas also have huge benefits as it relates to hair health.

thanks I'm gonna try next week... I gotta get rid of this black tea......

I'll spray black tea pre poo, wash & then coffee rinse & DC.....

gotta make this stretch until Dec...

Brewed a new batch of my DC blend
Used tea in my DC, mid wash rinse and my final rinse.

I also made a refresher brew for DD....Marshmallow root, slippery elm, fenugreek, thyme, lemongrass and a touch of avg.

@IDareT'sHair ...Thanks:grin: That brew is a work in progress. She's only 4 so I want to keep it light...I have some research to do, I may take out the fenugreek.

Currently Dc'ing with tea will rinse and apply some as my final leave in rinse after my cowash.

Did my prepoo with bamboo leaf tea and coconut oil. Then after I washed my hair I rinsed with remaining tea and applied conditioner over.

I don't know what to expect or if I'll notice a difference one way or the other, but it's fun. :grin:

Anyone got a way of brewing herbal powders, roots and leaves without making any mess. I''ve lots of herbal roots powders and leaves just sitting in my cabinet. Thanks!

you can buy that metal ball(?) I dunno what ya call it......

you put the leaves in,
it screw it together,
pour hot water over the ball in your tea cup.( or what ever)
I saw one in walmart.....

Hi ladies I have no clue what I'm doing but tea rinsing seemed like a great way to reduce the shedding I've seen. Today I did a tea rinse with some herbal tea bags I had in the cabinet chamomile &a blend called sleepy time it has spearmint lemongrass tilia flowers blackberry leaves orange blossoms and rosebuds. I also used some as a leave in. So we will see how it turns out. Can tea be used as a daily spritz ?

I'd like to join :look: just steeped some green/black tea bags and put some of it in a spray bottle with peppermint oil. felt good going on. I hope to do a rinse the next time I wash as well. I'm nowhere near as advanced as you ladies so I will probably stick to black and green teas until I branch out!

Braid Spray ya'll.

Just put my hair in crochet braids and am brewing up some braid spray. The commercial ones are too much with the dang glycerin...so in mine is (all my hair's faves):
-nettle
-burdock
-drop of glycerine
-1tsp each: camellia seed, grapeseed, sunflower seed oils
-a dash or 2 of argan, rose hip, african baobab
-drop of Manuka honey
-Rosemary EO

She better grow with this...

Last edited:
Hi ladies I have no clue what I'm doing but tea rinsing seemed like a great way to reduce the shedding I've seen. Today I did a tea rinse with some herbal tea bags I had in the cabinet chamomile &a blend called sleepy time it has spearmint lemongrass tilia flowers blackberry leaves orange blossoms and rosebuds. I also used some as a leave in. So we will see how it turns out. Can tea be used as a daily spritz ?
Welcome Toot-a-Boot--it sure can! I use it for me and my 6yo DD everyday in a spray bottle with some tasty oils...

DarkJoy, I guess great minds think alike. I installed crochet braids three weeks ago and I gotta say its the best darn protective style evah. What I love about them is the ease in which you can access your scalp, which is perfect for spritzing with tea blends. The base cornrows are moist, soft and feels nourished. All in all, the combo of the crochet braids and tea are the perfect recipe for healthy hair growth/retention. My latest tea spritz mix: rooibos tea:lick:, nettle, burdock root, horsetail, rosehip, hibiscus, bamboo leaf, vitamin E, pink grapefruit and lavender EO...wow just wow.

Last edited:
Back