Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Co-washed with V05 freesia after an overnight oil soak. Then I applied SM DC and have had it sitting on my head for about 1.5-2 hours now. I also spritzed my hair with coffee about half an hour ago and put my baggy back on to process the DC and coffee.

Just rinsed and my hair fee;ls excellent.

I'm here sitting with my black tea/nettle/neem/horsetail tea rinse sitting on my scalp. I also made a batch of marshmallow root/burdock root/yucca root/slippery elm tea to mix into my rhassoul clay to DC overnight. I will save the bulk of it and add some argan oil and vit e oil to use as a refresher spritz.

I haven't used my homemade spritzes in a while and I can sense the difference in my hair. So I'm getting back to it.

Will brew up something 'special' tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to use.

I love Steeping Tea(s) and coming up with different concoctions of Tea Blends.:lick:

Just took down my crochet braids. About to try a rinse with oolong since my tummy loves it so much. :lick:

Will also make more braid spray with nettle, oils, and glyc for the next install right after this DC is done.

I've been slacking on my tea rinsing and boy does my hair miss it. I'm going to go get some black tea this weekend. I've still been using Njoi's GTHC though. Going to use it today. My jar of joe is going to have to wait until next month. I'm praying for some uber awesome sales.

Will brew up something 'special' tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to use.

I love Steeping Tea(s) and coming up with different concoctions of Tea Blends.:lick:

Me too...

Q. how long do you keep your blends...

I'm averaging a week, maybe ten days, then I throw it out & start new batch..

JFemme

I was making it and putting it in a Gallon Jug (my used Distilled Water Jugs) and keeping it in the Fridge.

Now I only Brew a Small Pot just enough for each Wash Day. My Wash Days are Tues-Fri. I am steeping the pot now for Tuesday.

Once my water reaches a boil, I add the bags, turn off the stove and allow it to sit (with a lid on).

I leave the bags in there and everything and take them out once I am ready to use.

JFemme

Oh, when I was doing the Gallon Jug(s) and Keeping them in the Fridge, I think it would last me about 2 weeks. And that was doing my hair x2 per week.

So, I'd get 4 uses (maybe 5) out of a Gallon of Tea-Blend.

I think Nix08 and DarkJoy may make a Gallon or Liter or close to. Maybe they can chime in and others Ltown etc........

JFemme

Oh, Yeah, this Winter I plan to switch back to Coffee. I make just enough for each wash in my Coffee Maker.

Tea(s) were lighter and seemed more suitable for Spring/Summer so I switched. So, this Winter I will do Coffee Rinses with an occasional Tea Rinse thrown in here & there.

I was using Columbian Supreme for my Coffee Rinses.

JFemme I only brew about 10 ounces at a time because of space in my fridge. I use my brews just about daily. I use 2-3 ounces at a time so I brew twice a week.

Back