Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I forgot to add here! I'd like to do a chamomile, nettle, and peppermint tea rinse this weekend. I'll start my brew tomorrow morning so no one will drink it. :lol:

IDareT'sHair. Well I've got a couple other ladies hooked on tea:grin: they even tried and gave me feedback. One girl said the blend she used worked instantly to seal her cuticles and her hair was easier to detangle.

I've been LOVING moringa:lick:

Last edited:
I could have sworn I posted a question about tea but I can't find it. Hope I didn't post it in the wrong thread.

How long are you ladies steeping your tea and are you doing at room temperature or in the fridge?

I could have sworn I posted a question about tea but I can't find it. Hope I didn't post it in the wrong thread.

How long are you ladies steeping your tea and are you doing at room temperature or in the fridge?

I boil my bags for like 20-30 minutes then I let it sit till I'm ready to use it

No slacking on tea lamaria211:nono:

I used my DC tea blend to dampen my hair for my dry dc yesterday. Tea rinsed and also did a final leave in tea rinse...
Brewed more of my leave in blend overnight and stuck it in the fridge (daviine that's what I normally do and use it out of the fridge).

lamaria211 said:
I boil my bags for like 20-30 minutes then I let it sit till I'm ready to use it

Okay. Thanks so much. I was going to steep for a few minutes and then use. This makes more sense especially since I'll be trying to get a 3rd usage out of this bamboo tea bag.

Nix08 said:
No slacking on tea lamaria211:nono:

I used my DC tea blend to dampen my hair for my dry dc yesterday. Tea rinsed and also did a final leave in tea rinse...
Brewed more of my leave in blend overnight and stuck it in the fridge (daviine that's what I normally do and use it out of the fridge).

Nix08 How long do the teas last in the fridge? I made a very weak tea because I didn't understand how to do the tea rinses. I think it's been in the fridge since Tuesday. Not sure though.

daviine I brew enough for about 4-5 uses..I do my hair daily and use 2-3 ounces per use. They say they can keep in the fridge up to 4 days, I keep it for up to a week.

Actually when I made it, I wasn't sure if I was going to drink it or use it as a rinse. So I'm going to steep the tea twice to drink and then I'll boil the 3rd time to get anything that's left.

I was so confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me ladies.

Last edited:
Brewing
2 bags of chamomile tea
2 bags Moringa tea
2 bags tulsi tea
2 bags peppermint tea
Will be used under my deep treatment and for a final rinse with ACV

Hmm... a friend gifted me some oolong. I drank it all up it made me feel so good!

:think: Of course being a tea-head, my mind goes to the hair! I researched before I embark on a rinse or spritz.

Oolong is camellia leaves and flowers!
My hair LOVES camellia seed oil, which is my staple oil... the diva just might like this... and yes, it has a little caffeine, which levels are somewhere between black tea (the highest) and green tea (the lowest).

I'll let ya'll know!

I took a week off to look extra cute as it was my birthday, and all my friends had one at the same time. So it was party to party.

My scalp hated me for it, so I did a male fern tea rinse and all is well.

Back