Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

IDareT'sHair honestly, my hair does:yep: I've made myself a personal vow that I'm not deviating from my current reggie...until the end of next year! Teas, oil rinsing, cowashing etc....So don't you go and discover anything new and start a challenge:look:

I'm hosting a hair party and like a true tea head I've picked up some teas to give the ladies:
Hibiscus
Fenugreek
Marshmallow root
Slippery Elm
Horsetail
Thyme
Green
Nettle
Hey if I get them hooked then I'll have more company:look:

IDareT'sHair Oooh, thanks for sharing! I really like everything I've tried from HH. *going to read the description*

ETA: I had a strong cup of chamomile and hibiscus tea steeping since last night and all day today. I went to get it to use a final rinse, and it was gone. Apparently, it was 'delicious' according to my brother. :perplexed

Why are you drinking my room temperature tea when you can make your own steaming hot cup with a sweetener? SMH

Last edited:
@IDareT'sHair Oooh, thanks for sharing! I really like everything I've tried from HH. *going to read the description*

ETA: I had a strong cup of chamomile and hibiscus tea steeping since last night and all day today. I went to get it to use a final rinse, and it was gone. Apparently, it was 'delicious' according to my brother. :perplexed

Why are you drinking my room temperature tea when you can make your own steaming hot cup with a sweetener? SMH

:lachen: :lachen: that's too funny!!!

Did a tea rinse with Shi Naturals.
Just massaged in some Coffee Pomade.

I'm going to brew up enough coffee for a few rinses later.

Poured a Cup of Dark Roast over my Hair before I applied my DC'er (then Steamed)

Later I used a Home-made Brew of Burdock Root & Nettle and left it in.

Steeping Bamboo Leaf Tea for Tuesday's Rinse.

Will use Jar of Joe Hair Cream later.:lick:

I'm so happy I came into this thread about a month ago I was losing almost 50+ hairs a day to PP shedding. Now (using tea rinses weekly) I loose maybe 10 and that's on a wash day!

lamaria211

I Agree. We have ALL Benefitted from the use of Tea/Coffee Rinses. I realized in the latter part of 2011 that it was the 'best' change I had added to my overall Hair Care Regimen.

I wish us all much success in 2013.

thanks for your testament lamaria211! Teas have been the best change for me as well for my hair's entire hair-life! lol

my DD's hair is prospering as I've added teas to her regimen too.

Hey- Im not an official challenger, but I am a lurker on this thread. I can also attest that my shedding is decreasing greatly after starting tea rinses!

Does chamomile tea and/or green tea the same effects from reducing shedding? I lighten my hair with honey and I don't want the black tea to darken my hair. And does it matter if the green tea is decaf? For some reason, I have a lot of decaf green tea.

Hey all,

I'm still using my trigger with black tea in, I also use hairveda tea mist (gotta love that stuff) and will start re-using herbal tea rinses since I've removed my 8 week extension cornrows (8 weeks was a bit too long for me, next time I'll keep them in for 6).

jprayze

I think most Green Tea is Caffeine Free. I think several folks Nix08 DarkJoy Lita choctaw Ltown might be able to give you more specifics on rinising with Green Tea.

I use Herbal Teas for Rinsing and have some Green Tea & Green Tea Leaves (which I haven't used yet). Here are some of the ones I use regularly.

Burdock Root
Nettle
Catnip
Fenugreek
Horsetail Grass
Chammomile
Hibiscus
Bamboo Leaf

And several others. They are all Caffeine Free.

^^^thanks I'm going to switch to green tea! Anyone wants some black tea...I have quite a bit. It's not Lipton, but I got it on sale. PM me for more details!

Hey- Im not an official challenger, but I am a lurker on this thread. I can also attest that my shedding is decreasing greatly after starting tea rinses!

Does chamomile tea and/or green tea the same effects from reducing shedding? I lighten my hair with honey and I don't want the black tea to darken my hair. And does it matter if the green tea is decaf? For some reason, I have a lot of decaf green tea.
jprayze, I tried a green tea (jasmine) and my hair was like "meh". So haven't done it again. IDK how decaf would work.

I use herbal teas and just plain old herbs that have zero caffeine and my hair is just fine. I still have less shedding, breakage and a much healthier scalp.

No harm in trying it!

As we speak, brewing a pot of marshmallow root to wear under my DC in an hour. :lick:

I will use my spritz leave-in after and just wear a wng with it. Too lazy to do anything else today.

DarkJoy said:
jprayze, I tried a green tea (jasmine) and my hair was like "meh". So haven't done it again. IDK how decaf would work.

I use herbal teas and just plain old herbs that have zero caffeine and my hair is just fine. I still have less shedding, breakage and a much healthier scalp.

No harm in trying it!

Ok I need to learn about using herbs! Every two weeks my church distributes produce that is not sold at the farmers market so I need to know which herbs to be on the lookout. I'm going to do some searches!

I did it right!!!:yay:

I used a smaller pot the same black tea, 3 bags.... ( not gonna drink that stuff)
let it cool put it in my hair.... I use a put a conditioner on top. pulled out my hooded dryer for 20 min rinsed it, out felt so soft
I used Aphogee Balancing moisturizer 5 min rinsed it out
NOW! I under my heat cap melting down ORS conditioner w a little
Argon Magic restorative Mask for 30 min....
I can tell after I rinsed out the teas & conditioner I wasn't going to shed hair.
I'm going to try the Tshirt air dry also
( head bowed fingers crossed.....

thanks everybody for helping me!
My hair would stay at BSL or a inch or 2 past & start breaking & breaking.
the ends was sooo thin

washing & bi monthly feel better.
did i mention I comb it once a week!!:ohwell:

Last edited:
Black tea rinses do help reduce shedding. Below is a pic of my shed hair before and after using tea rinses for about a month now. The bigger hair ball was before using the black tea rinse and the smaller hair ball is results from after consistently using the tea rinse for a month.

ForumRunner_20120930_203855.jpg

jprayze I use green tea in my DC blend. It's nice enough...not necessarily something I'd buy again when it's done.though since I have so may other beauties:yep: My girlfriend just started tea rinsing only had green tea and it helped immediately with her shedding and she said her hair felt extra soft.

Hi ladies! I'm posting so that I can follow your progress from my phone and learn more about tea rinses.

I have some tea that I don't know what to do with so I'm excited to read your posts.

Happy hair growing ladies!

Back