Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

IDareT'sHair well if you manage to restrain yourself allow me to tempt you:giggle: you need AO blue camomille and rosa mosqueta at the very least in your stash...might as well add white camellia to that list:lick: plus for a nice protein along with the famous GPB you should have Island Naturals:yep: since this is the tea thread :look: I'm going to tea rinse later:look:

Nix08 I've had all of those in my Stash at least once or twice. Attention got diverted to other things.:ohwell:

Might re-visit them in 2013. At the very least GPB and/or WC.:yep:

Yesterday dampen hair warm water,put IPN tea pomade on scalp,Jar of Joe on length,sealed with rice bran oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

tea rinsed yesterday under my DC. Gotta get some black tea but I only saw tetley and I didn't know if the brand mattered so I didn't get it. Hopefully I find Lipton tmrw.

Nix08 Do you use the AO shampoos and conditioners or just the conditioners? I've been eyeing WC, GPB, and BC for some time now and I might take the plunge.

@DarkJoy what EO's are you adding for preservation?

Nix08. I use both EOs and fragrance oils. The fragrances are not fully natural. I just wanted *different* scents sometimes plus the GOOD EO flower scents are like $15-20 and up an ounce! *** that. Below is a list of EOs I use.

EOs (15-20 drops per spritz bottle)
Rosemary, Tangerine, Cedar, Lime, Lemon, Lavendar

Fragrance Oils (~10 or less drops per spritz)
Currently in use: Gardenia
In the mail :lick:: Vanilla Cream, Cucumber, Mangoberry Sorbet for DD's spritz, Rose --- eeee! They should be here tomorrow!!!!:reddancer:

Are you guys not doing coffee rinse anymore? I just started. I've been doing a mixture of coffee and green tea. I have no idea what that will do to my hair but I definitely have less shedding.

I'm using green tea because that's what I have. Should I be mixing them? I'm getting ready to by some tea. There are so many recommendations. I'm looking for moisture and protein, separately.

I don't think I should use it w apoghee twice a month...
I will try it after I go back to corn rows.
should I spritz before I comb....
IDareT:
thanks for the Tea rinse site. I wanna order but 85.00( free shipping) is a lot for products that may not work for me..... I's scurred to buy them

karenjoe

What Products and/or (Teas) are you specifically looking at?

Maybe you could start with some Teas you can find on the ground and work your way up after you see how they work for you.

I started with Lipton's Black Pearl Tea and then began adding other Teas from Vitacost.

And a couple of Niko's Cousins sent me some Moringa, Hibiscus and some other loose tea blends. It's addicting.:spinning:

I'm using Alvita Teas i.e. Horsetail, Nettle, Burdock Root, Saw Palmetto, Rosemary etc...Vitacost charges $5.00 to ship.

I usually Rinse & then Comb.

Keen

Absolutely.:yep: I will re-start my Coffee Rinses later this Fall. I will be using Columbian Supreme. I already have my Coffee and my Filters.

I chose Tea for Summer because it just felt/sounded 'lighter' during the warmer months.

Babygrowth The only shampoo of theirs that I use is the swimmers one for when I or dd swims otherwise no I don't bother with them. I keep hearing that they are no good.

DarkJoy thanks...I'm going to see what I have in my stash:yep:

Brewed my rinse blend overnight and all day today I'm brewing my leave in blend with the addition of MORINGA:yay: With all the other teas I have in there, I probably won't notice moringa's addition but I'll know that it's doing me good...that's all that counts:yep:

I've removed amla powder from my rinse blend ... since it's more of a cleanser I figure I'd brew it on it's own and use it maybe once a week when I want a cleanse without a shampoo:yep:

Keen people like me who can't decide mix my teas in abundance. I don't think I've ever just used one tea ... well yes, when I first tried black tea. I only drink that now.

Tea rinsed tonight and removing the amla was a good move:yep:. It's a little too Astringent for daily use. My leave in rinse included moringa...:look: ya'll know I feel fancy right:yep:

Nix08

Nix, thanks for sharing your results with the Amala for all the Newbs that might be considering adding Ayurvedic Powders to their Rinsing.:yep:

Next year's Challenge will be: Coffee, Tea, ACV, AVJ & Ayurvedic Rinse. Sounds exciting doesn't it?:grin:

I'm sure we'll all have a good time in 2013 with these new additions to this Challenge.

Enjoy the Moringa. I love it. I have some Kosher Moringa.

I was suppose to use it this summer but never got around to it.:sad:

IDareT'sHair this thread is going to have a real hand in making me reach my goal in 2013, I applaud you and all the ladies that post in here. My hair feels so good and behaves so well:yep:. These rinses are simply amazing. I truly have a new appreciation for the power of tea:lick:. I don't feel nearly as tired since drinking moringa...i hope to stay consistent with drinking it.

this thread is going to have a real hand in making me reach my goal in 2013, I applaud you and all the ladies that post in here. My hair feels so good and behaves so well:yep:. These rinses are simply amazing. I truly have a new appreciation for the power of tea:lick:. I don't feel nearly as tired since drinking moringa...i hope to stay consistent with drinking it.

@Nix08

I agree 110%.:grin: Adding Tea/Coffee Rinses was my best overall Tweak I added to my 2011-2012 Regimen.

I made the exact same Observation about the effectiveness of Tea/Coffee Rinsing.

There are some wonderful Teas and Flowers etc...that all make the Tea Blends & Brews amazing.

I'm thinking next wash day to steep some Catnip & Fenugreek.

I just did a black tea rinse for the fourth time. I can say that this will be a staple for sure. I did my final rinse with a sage&rosemary tea. My hair looks great & my scalp feels amazing. So far I can still report a 50% - 60 % stop in shedding. I wonder how much more hair I will have in a few months? Plus will it help me achieve my hair length goal faster? I will be updating my hair regimen again on my blog to reflect my new regimen changes.

SIDENOTE: Did anyone notice that their detangling became way easier? My detangling sessions were already good, because of the deepprepooing, but now it's perfect. :bouncy::bouncy:

@cocomama or other Tea Heads, Is this the same sage and rosemary spices (in the spice shaker jars) used for cooking or would I have to get the actual leaves.

Please excuse my ignorance...

Last edited:
IDareT'sHair this thread is going to have a real hand in making me reach my goal in 2013, I applaud you and all the ladies that post in here. My hair feels so good and behaves so well:yep:. These rinses are simply amazing. I truly have a new appreciation for the power of tea:lick:. I don't feel nearly as tired since drinking moringa...i hope to stay consistent with drinking it.

Nix08, i was introduce to moringa for its health benefits for the body its good to see someone using it and receiving the benefits of the tea. I share it with a cousin figuring it could be good for hair too. Its very expensive so for me i tried to drink more then use it for my tea rinses.

Ltown yes its pretty pricey and elusive! I was stingy I put half a teaspoon in my tea bags and get 3 brews out of it for drinking. For my hair I again only used half a teaspoon.
It's only been a couple days but the lack of fatigue that I feel is very evident:yep: I'm just wondering if it will last. Do you still drink it? Do you drink it regularly?

Ltown yes its pretty pricey and elusive! I was stingy I put half a teaspoon in my tea bags and get 3 brews out of it for drinking. For my hair I again only used half a teaspoon.
It's only been a couple days but the lack of fatigue that I feel is very evident:yep: I'm just wondering if it will last. Do you still drink it? Do you drink it regularly?

nixo8, no i don't drink it regularly but i will as soon as i can get more. I brought some for a cousin whom is so sweet Ms. T:grin: My sister had send me some a year ago and now my local store sales it, not in bulk but i'm have them order me some save me shipping.

Teas so great internal and for the hair i try to stick with the same for hair nettle, burdock and horsetail.

Tea rinsed using Njoi's herbal rinse under my DC last night. Gosh I love this stuff. Thanks to that 20% off discount code I will be purchasing jar of joe next month! How are you ladies using this? I remember when I used to grease my scalp, I was heavy handed but now that I'm using better products I don't want to waste it or use too much.

@cocomama or other Tea Heads, Is this the same sage and rosemary spices (in the spice shaker jars) used for cooking or would I have to get the actual leaves.

Please excuse my ignorance...
Keen You can use the same ones in you spice rack---as long as there's nothing else in them like chemicals or...idk...cayenne? lol

But you never know on lhcf! someone's tried hot pepper powder, i bet..!:lol:

Keen You can use the same ones in you spice rack---as long as there's nothing else in them like chemicals or...idk...cayenne? lol

But you never know on lhcf! someone's tried hot pepper powder, i bet..!:lol:

DarkJoy did you miss that bandwagon? I already tried cayenne pepper powder and oil for growth.

Tea rinsed using Njoi's herbal rinse under my DC last night. Gosh I love this stuff. Thanks to that 20% off discount code I will be purchasing jar of joe next month! How are you ladies using this? I remember when I used to grease my scalp, I was heavy handed but now that I'm using better products I don't want to waste it or use too much.

Babygrowth

As a Creme. I don't think you'll use to much. A little goes a long way.:yep:

Great Product Choice.

@Keen

You should check out some of the Alvita Teas on Vitacost.com

That's where I got my Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail, Saw Palmetto, Catnip etc.

It's about $3.00 a box for 24 Bags.:yep:

@ Idare!
I usually Rinse & then Comb.????????

what in the world am I pouring in my hair? My hair feel like a brick after I use the tea
combing it? I can barely touch it.... lol
I've used cheap plain black tea or left over Lipton..... ( went to apoghee not happy).
maybe I should leave the Tea in my hair.
I get a little nervous when my hair feel like a brick

@karenjoe

Here's how I do it:

Cowash or Co-Cleanse
Do a Protein Rx
Rinse
Steam w/DC'er
Rinse
ACV Rinse
Tea Rinse/Leave-In & Dry *I leave the Tea In and apply my leave-in*

Before:

I use to do the Tea Rinse After Steaming. My ACV Rinse was my Final Rinse.

Either way, never had hard hair. I used Lipton's Black Pearl Tea.

Some Ladies did not care for Black Tea Rinses.

@DarkJoy @Nix08 I think?

Back