Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I've been tea rinsing like a bandit:look: Did a rinse with amla and bharingaraj (sp?) yesterday:lick: So many teas, just so many teas:yay:

Anyone use tea in a spray bottle for daily moisture?
Yes @lamaria211! When I wash and go, I spritz daily. I also spritz my daughter's hair to detangle before braiding her up at night. Homemade concotion of Burdock and Nettle only right now. Special appearances by other teas come and go :lol:

tea spritz has replaced a regular creamy leave-in. dont need it anymore.

Last edited:
Lol, I still can't believe how I was buzzing at 3am in the morning. I was so tired the next day.
That evening I had a telephone group meeting for a part time intern I'm doing and I told her I was tired and she was like "aww has it been a long day" and I said yeah. I can't even imagine explaining to someone that I poured tea on my scalp and why.

Did a henna. Then followed that with a 10min brew of camomile and nettle for my rinse. Which I then put DC on top and sat with my heat cap for 15min. Left it on for 2 hrs.

My hair is REALLY fluffy and happy right now...

^^I sometimes spray on tea under my DC and leave it in for an hour or two. When just rinsing, I've left it in for 5 minutes, at the longest.

I used my Q&C cream to moisturize. Going to the grocery store tmrw to buy some tea then rinsing or spritzing. Not sure yet...

Babygrowth

There are several videos posted throughout this thread on the benefits of Tea & Coffee Rinsing (so you might want to scroll through the previous pages)

Thanks for posting another one.:grin: Great Reminder:yep:

So my Njoi order came early! Yay!!! Tonight I did the herbal tea rinse by spraying it on my hair after brewing for only maybe 1.5 hours then applying my DC and EVOO on top, applied heat cap and sat around for maybe 3 hrs... hmmm mmm good is all I can say. Also sealed with the green tea creme and my hair feels soooo soft and moisturized this is something I definitely plan to do often. Maybe everytime I wash! Is there such thing as too much tea?

brewed a batch for 2 spritz bottles (one for me and dd). both with nettle and burdock. Mine has a little more oil is all... :)

I've change my mid wash wash tea blend....I've added the lovely benefits of amla and bhringaraj and oohhh aaaahhh I'm in love!

For the above questions I use tea during a DC (that can be up to a whole day). I use tea in the middle of my wash for up to 5 minutes with oil and conditoner over top and I use tea as a final rinse that I leave in (mixed with aloe vera juice). So in essence I always have some tea in my head and I do this almost daily:yep:

Started back doing weekly coffee rinses (not washing it out) and then just sealing with coconut oil. Soft hair oh my :love:

My hair always seemed hard/crunchy with tea rinses.

Okay, so on Monday I moisturized with Claudies Q&C, on tuesday I spritzed my hair with my Njoi tea rinse and sealed with the green tea creme, and yesterday I tea rinsed under my DC and used the Q&C as a leave in and sealed with EVOO.

After all that I realized my hair just loves tea! It feels soooo different when I use tea vs the coffee cream and I've already noticed my shedding has decreased! So I think I will stick with tea but I do want to see how my hair acts when I use a coffee DC instead of a Coffee moisturizer. Thats my purchase for next month either Tiiva or Marie Deans coffee DC.:yep:

Okay, so on Monday I moisturized with Claudies Q&C, on tuesday I spritzed my hair with my Njoi tea rinse and sealed with the green tea creme, and yesterday I tea rinsed under my DC and used the Q&C as a leave in and sealed with EVOO.

After all that I realized my hair just loves tea! It feels soooo different when I use tea vs the coffee cream and I've already noticed my shedding has decreased! So I think I will stick with tea but I do want to see how my hair acts when I use a coffee DC instead of a Coffee moisturizer. Thats my purchase for next month either Tiiva or Marie Deans coffee DC.:yep:

Babygrowth

You should try: Hairitage Hydrations (ETSY) Jar Of Joe. It will definitely give you a Java Fix!:grin:

Those 2 DC'ers are nice too.

Back