Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

NappyNelle if you are anything like me....hide your wallet:yep:

Used my dc tea blend and will also do a couple rinses of tea with my other blends. I shared some hibiscus and marshmallow root with a friend and she's now hooked:grin:

I just did a black tea rinse for the fourth time. I can say that this will be a staple for sure. I did my final rinse with a sage&rosemary tea. My hair looks great & my scalp feels amazing. So far I can still report a 50% - 60 % stop in shedding. I wonder how much more hair I will have in a few months? Plus will it help me achieve my hair length goal faster? I will be updating my hair regimen again on my blog to reflect my new regimen changes.

SIDENOTE: Did anyone notice that their detangling became way easier? My detangling sessions were already good, because of the deepprepooing, but now it's perfect. :bouncy::bouncy:

Well, I was going to join this challenge but now I have to wait until next month! I bought Claudies Balancing Quinoa and coffee cream and it made my hair feel stripped, dry, and rough :nono:. I used a little more than a dime sized amount so maybe that was too much but I'm scared to try it again. I think I actually needed the moisturizing one. I guess I'm still learning my hair.

If someone wants to buy it from me feel free to message me because I really want to try the moisturizing quinoa and coffee cream.

Well, I was going to join this challenge but now I have to wait until next month! I bought Claudies Balancing Quinoa and coffee cream and it made my hair feel stripped, dry, and rough :nono:. I used a little more than a dime sized amount so maybe that was too much but I'm scared to try it again. I think I actually needed the moisturizing one. I guess I'm still learning my hair.

If someone wants to buy it from me feel free to message me because I really want to try the moisturizing quinoa and coffee cream.
Babygrowth

I didn't care for the Balancing, either, but I am loving the Moisturizing one. :yep: You should definitely try that!!!

Did a split day wash. Used tea blend before dc applied then today used as final rinse before leave in.

I forget what was in this blend other than roobis and hibiscus/rosehip.
Still have a lil left but will brew something new for next wash day

Back to wash n go's this week so made a fresh spritz batch. Went back to my simple staple: nettle and burdock with a drop of glycerin. Spritzed before bed and this mornin. She's happy.

Babygrowth said:

Perhaps you are very protein sensitive or just sensitive to quinoa, which is the protein in that product. Sorry that happened to you! Protein overload is never ever fun! The learning curve can take a while, unfortunately. :/

lamaria211 said:
I just bought some Lipton black tea how many bags should I brew per cup?

I'm frugal lamaria211. Just the one bag. Some folks make it a real long dark brew. Others light. Just gotta experiment to see what's most effective.

About to prepoo with Trigger, which has some Teas in it.
I'll be washing in the morning and doing a rinse with some Black, Marshmallow, Nettle, and Horsetail.

Brewed amla and bhringaraj powder all day to make a tea rinse:yep: Used that as part of my DC yesterday. Also tea rinsed mid cowash and did a final tea rinse along with AVJ and ACV.

Been spritzing my little wash and go all week. My hairs really really like the original mix of nettle and burdock only... she hasn't given me the side-eye at all. :)

i saw on you tube 5 bags so I tried that....
i boiled the life out of those bags ( it stained my bowl)
i did it the night before... then microwave

Back