Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I'm making small batches of tea -- maybe 2 to 3 days worth. Would it go bad if I didn't refrigerate it?

Do any of you take it straight from the refrig and use it while it's cold....or is letting it sit out until is room temp a must?

divachyk said:
I'm making small batches of tea -- maybe 2 to 3 days worth. Would it go bad if I didn't refrigerate it?

Do any of you take it straight from the refrig and use it while it's cold....or is letting it sit out until is room temp a must?

Today my tea rinse was just too darn cold so I put the amount I planned to use in a little bottle and put it in the microwave for 10 secs and then it was room temp

I wanted to use IPN tea quench but held out since I used protein today -- my hair and protein sometimes argue so I didn't want to use a new product on my protein day. Will use next wash day. Used slippery elm instead.

Made a batch of my rinse blend (brewed overnight):
Nettle
Saw Palmetto
Lavendar
Horsetail
Rosehip
Catnip

Use tea in my DC, as a rinse and also as my final rinse along with Aloe vera juice.

I think I know where I can get some marshmallow root locally. When I head out that way, the store owners better expect to be cleaned out!

Gonna refresh my coils with my ginger, mint, nettle and burdock spritz. :lick:

Wish I could use aloe juice like you @Nix08 but it makes my hair hard! Dang... Guess I could just drink what I have. Hate for it to go to waste...

divachyk, I keep my spritz bottle in the fridge (usually) and use it cold. Fridged rinses are TOO cold (brrrrr!) so I'd heat it on the stove. I'd be worried that the micro might kill the delicate stuff in it that makes it so good for hair.

Last edited:
I tried it diluted a few ways. I tried a cpl tablespoons mixed in my tea spritz, in the rinse and in my flaxseed gel. It just really hates it. Turns it to straw. :(

DarkJoy, I can use avj when perfectly formulated in a product but not an avj by itself.

Will steep some marsh root tonight and spritz as a daily refresher.

Anther question -- do you fridge your unused tea leaves/tea bags or leave them in the pantry?

@DarkJoy, a dear friend sent it to me. I'm going out of town this weekend and hope to find it so that I can rack up assuming I like it! So, I'm purposely using it now so that I will know before hitting the road.

I tried the black tea as a leave in on Saturday and so far it seems that my shedding has decreased tremendously!!! So happy that something is working for me

Then you're right to stay away from aloe then DarkJoy:yep:

I used my tea blend prior to washing, tea rinsed under an oil rinse and did a final tea rinse with aloe vera juice.

Switched up this week and using hydrasiliac for my scalp. I like the scent and the fine mist. Doesn't get my hair too damp and cause it to frizz. Next sale will pick up some more.

Got Slippery Elm in my hot hands:yay:

ETA: I also picked up some ACV I haven't acv rinsed in ages...why not start again with a little in my tea/aloe mix:look:

Last edited:
Loving this hydrasiliac my hair/roots feel so soft and moisturized. Def adding this to my arsenal esp when I'm refreshing twist outs.

Going to have to bring this on vacay with me...keep my hair right!!

Those of you who acv rinse....how often do you do it? Any of you do it daily?

ETA: Did a mid cowash tea rinse today.

I just remembered that I had a dream last night that I found Moringa tea:lachen: It was spelt differently and as I sounded it out I realized it was Moringa and was so excited:drunk:

ETA: If I behave myself and don't overbuy this month I'll treat myself and buy it online:yep:

Last edited:
Currently, I am using a tea infusion of basil, parsley, and oregano leaves in my leave in(PBN murumuru moisture milk). So far, it has been working great.

Back