Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Just spritz with IPN hibiscus/horsetail mist & applied IPN macadamia mango moisture control on length & sealed with rice bran oil..

I like the spritz on dry/damp hair..

The macadamia mango works better on wet/damp hair..Not dry hair..it smeels like candy..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Tea spritz prior to washing (concentrating on my scalp).
Tea rinse mid cowash (under an an oil rinse)
Tea (and Aloe vera juice) for a final rinse
Equals - hair fall very minimal:yep:

Tea spritz prior to washing (concentrating on my scalp).
Tea rinse mid cowash (under an an oil rinse)
Tea (and Aloe vera juice) for a final rinse
Equals - hair fall very minimal:yep:

I think I'm going to try do a spritz for my scalp as well :grin: I have been just doing Tea then AVJ as my final rinse and it is working well.

My fist loose leaf tea adventure: I steeped some slippery elm for about 30 mins last night and spritzed with it this morning. My hair feels good thus far.

Last few shopping trips was on the lookout for marshmallow root. Cant seem to find it anymore! Frustrating.

Wash day! Gonna do a nettle/neem/burdock with oil (a faux oil rinse) under my regular DC w/heat. My hair purrs after this. She can't wait! :lick:

My fist loose leaf tea adventure: I steeped some slippery elm for about 30 mins last night and spritzed with it this morning. My hair feels good thus far.
Welcome to the club divachyk! You're doing it the right way. Not adding a bunch of teas to start is a recipe for disaster. If something doesnt work, then it's work to elimnate what your hair didnt like! I started with just nettle back in March. Added one herb at a time. There were maybe 3 that made things worse or didnt work at all. It was easy enough to just take em out my mix.

So you go, Diva! You'll love it as time goes on and you find your optimum combo. :yep:

DarkJoy I want some Marshmallow Root Tea too.:perplexed

I'll get a box from Vitacost the next I order.

I just found a box of Milk Thistle tea I didn't even remember buying.........:lol:

I used IPN TeaLightful spritz under my DC last night.

Used Claudie's Tea as part of my leave in, with her Quinoa Coffee creme.

Had a tea-rrific wash today.
1. Tea spritz with pre poo
2. Tea rinse before cowash
3. Tea rinse then DC
4. Tea rinse with new mix (rose hips/hibiscus, nettle, burdock, horsetail) then leave in

This mix is more strengthening then softening so far even using a moisture dc.

Is it wrong that I'm stalking my mailbox for a Tea care package. I'm dying to try some new teas.

Ladies, I have Fenugreek and hibiscus powders. What it the best way to put them in my tea? Should I put the in a coffee filter, rubberband it together and drop in the pot (ghetto but was the best I could come up with). I don't want to ruin my coffee pot b/c I luvs me some coffee!

Is it wrong that I'm stalking my mailbox for a Tea care package. I'm dying to try some new teas.

Ladies, I have Fenugreek and hibiscus powders. What it the best way to put them in my tea? Should I put the in a coffee filter, rubberband it together and drop in the pot (ghetto but was the best I could come up with). I don't want to ruin my coffee pot b/c I luvs me some coffee!

@Ms. Tiki

I'll ask @Lita @choctaw @Ltown

I don't do too much with Powders.

The Fenugreek & Hibiscus I have are either Flowers or in a Tea.

I wonder if a cheesecloth Tea Bag or a Knee High Stocking would work?

Ok so I want to try this tomorrow but I have a few questions:
Do coffee and tea work the same?
Do I do it after I wash or before?
Should I rinse before putting on my DC?
Does it make the hair hard at?
How long should I leave it on?
Does it go on scalp alone or the hair to? Tia:)

Ms. Tiki, i do exactly that used cheesecloth or coffee filter place them in a pot of water. It is messy getting them in the cloth, i just finish both of these last week. I'm sticking with teas in bags.

IDareT'sHair
Ms. Tiki

I steep dried hibiscus flowers and fenugreek seeds in boiled water in a teapot and allow it to cool. I place a muslin bag or knee high over the mouth of plastic jug and pour the tea through the muslin/knee high filter.

HTH

@lamaria211, see below:
Do coffee and tea work the same? Never tried coffee, but I understand caffeine is supposed to help stimulate growth and stop shed
Do I do it after I wash or before? Experiment! Though I think most of us here wash first, then pour the tea over our heads
Should I rinse before putting on my DC? I don't. I leave it and put DC on top then sit under my dryer. I've left it all on as long as 2 hours.
Does it make the hair hard at? Nope
How long should I leave it on? See above... or longer or less! Many of us put it in spritz bottles and throw it in the fridge and use it to refresh our curls durin the week
Does it go on scalp alone or the hair to? I massage it in to the scalp and let it sit on hair.
Tia:) YW!

Tea rinsed with slippery elm while cowashing
Used Claudie's tea under my LIs
Very impressed: nice slip, detangled well, hair is nice & soft as it air dries

lamaria211 said:
Do coffee and tea work the same?
Do I do it after I wash or before?
Should I rinse before putting on my DC?
Does it make the hair hard at?
How long should I leave it on?
Does it go on scalp alone or the hair to? Tia:)

So I'm new to Tea Rinsing and I have tried a few different ways to see what works best for me. So far everything I have tried has worked well. Using it as a spritz and retwisting my twist out, using it as a rinse with and without AVJ, leaving it in, rinsing it out, and today I am leaving it in under my DC. Will rinse out the DC and see if I need another rinse with tea before I leave the shower. I brewed enough to fill an old liter bottle and I keep it in the fridge until I need to use it.

Today did an ayurvedic Tea Rinse consisting of Alma, Brahmi, Bringhraj, Fenugreek, Hibiscus, Jatamansi. :lick: The slip was ridiculous, so much so I only had to finger detangle with the DC that was layered on top to get rid of the sheds. This will be one of my rotated tea rinses for darn sure.:yep: The only drawback with today's wash...the neem oil scalp pre-poo. Wow that stuff reeks something awful. Never again.:nono:

Back