Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

three questions for you all?

1. Anyone use fresh herbs?
2. Anyone tried making a tea oil w/fresh or dried herbs?
3. Anyone wanna try with me?

I ran out of my home made ceramide mix and before I make more thought to try infusing herbs in it. Some ladies here did coffee oils before but I don't remember tea oil...

@lamaria211

I made a batch in a small Crock-Pot I have.

I know what to do differently next time (if I ever decide to make it again). I used EVCO and EVOO.

Next time, I'll just use EVOO.

I ended up making mine a Pre-Cowash Rx.

Guess who found marshmallow root?! Finally!!! Will try it on wash day.

I have fresh rosemary and lav in my garden. Gonna infuse an oil with that and nettle and see what happens...

Yay DarkJoy -- you'll love it. My hair hates just everything but my hair feels great with marsh root. So if my stanky attitude hair likes it, yours should also. :grin:

I did a rinse with some black tea, rosemary, sage, horsetail, and marshmallow last night.

Used a little Claudie's Tea as part of my leave in last night.

Just massaged in some Coffee pomade

Under the dryer for 30 mins with my black tea rinse, Redkin All Soft, and a little bit of Silicon Mix to DC

Last edited:
Brewed a fresh pot of black, green, and red teas. Made it strong too. Used it as a final rinse yesterday. Definitely gives me nice moisture and softness.

I really like the new regi of tea rinsing before my cowash and spritzing with tea during prepoo. Even just adding these two rinse has changed my hair. Hasn't decreased the shedding but i like the other benefits so i will continue to do it.

Continuing to spritz with hydra-siliac to refresh. Will switch between this and my home made tea spritz.

Last edited:
Brewing a new tea mix tomorrow. Simple black tea, but my scalp loves it! :yep: I've been mixing tea with my conditioner too (mostly when wearing braids-I had extensions in recently).

Last night brewed nettle, the last of my burdock (nooooooooo!) and the marshmallow root! Put some in a spray bottle. The rest with some leftover coffee was used to make my henna paste which I have on right now. Long six hours ahead! :)

Tea Oil Rinse day! Decided to try it after the henna is washed out. "Brewing" nettle, marshmallow, neem tea, and bamboo, fresh lav and fresh rosemary from my garden. Found the 'boo hiding in the back of the drawer! woohoo!

DarkJoy said:
Last night brewed nettle, the last of my burdock (nooooooooo!) and the marshmallow root! Put some in a spray bottle. The rest with some leftover coffee was used to make my henna paste which I have on right now. Long six hours ahead! :)

I have been using green tea in my henna mixes for the last year. What difference have u seen with adding tea to henna? I will henna this month and brew some tea to mix in.

Still spritzing scalp/hair with hydra-silica. Really loving the softness I'm getting with tea. I think I'm seeing less breakage because my hair is less brittle.

I have been using green tea in my henna mixes for the last year. What difference have u seen with adding tea to henna? I will henna this month and brew some tea to mix in.
Vonnieluvs08, I think I'm gonna have to ask YOU that quest? What differences have you noticed? What did you use before?

This is my first time using tea and coffee in henna. Usually, I use orange juice. The color is so intensely copper with OJ! :lick: Didn't have any in the house this time so used what acidic liquids I had on hand.

Tonight I'm steeping some marshmallow root tea and burdock root tea. I will make 3 spritz bottles: marsh root, burdock root, mix of the two.

I will use my IPN tea spritz tonight to hold me over.

I'm lazy so brewing and steeping is not for me! I want to join this challenge but I need some products first. So give me some recommendations please!

i rubbed in som trigga(black tea) all n my scalp and some jar of joe(coffee) along the kitchen area of my scalp too.

Back