Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Just used some HV hydra spritz & HV red tea on length..Sealed with rice bran oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Brewed a fresh DC blend overnight:
Hibiscus
Marshmallow root
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Burdock
Thyme
Fennel
Green

Currently brewing a Leave in blend for several hours:
Rooibos
Fenugreek
Catnip
Marshmallow Root

Currently using my DC tea blend in my deep conditioner.

I did my Tea Rinse tonight.

Will also use HV's Red Tea Creme.

Will steep another batch of:
Horsetail
Nettle
Saw Palmetto
Burdock Root

Hello ladies...I'm not in this challenge but OMG!!! Did my first black tea rinse today and I'm am in love! Thank you all for your helpful info posted in this thread!

I would like to join this challenge for the remainder of 2012 to reap the benefits of tea rinses. I will continue to use black tea and use it as a rinse if not with every cowash, then at least once a week!

Last edited:
Nix08 said:
Brewed a fresh DC blend overnight:
Hibiscus
Marshmallow root
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Burdock
Thyme
Fennel
Green

Currently brewing a Leave in blend for several hours:
Rooibos
Fenugreek
Catnip
Marshmallow Root

Currently using my DC tea blend in my deep conditioner.

How are u dc-ing with the tea? Do u mix it in or rinse then dc?

Yesterday I steamed for 30 mins with a alma and brahmi paste mixed with a marshmallow, burdock root and slippery elm tea. Hair felt so soft, springy and moisturized.:lick:

I use marshmallow root, burdock root and slippery elm to make a tea every.single.wash day. I either do a tea rinse or use it to mix into my dcs (clays, ayurvedic powders etc).

Hellooo so after going through some personal things im backkkkkk lol and my hair sheds LIKE A DARN DOG smh. I was told try tea rinses and spray my hair with black tea. soo pardon me if my questions are obvious but
"do I add it to something or do I just put it in my hair and rinse it out"
"if i make a spray bottle with it, I can just leave it in right?
and can I use any kind of tea, or should I look for specific added ingredients?
thanks ladies ;) ill post a pic of my hair in a sec.

Still spritzing my scalp with my tea mix. I think I'm going to do a tea rinse Thrus or Fri in these twists before my wash day routine.
I'm thinking:
1. Tea rinse
2. Pre-poo
3. Cowash
4. Tea rinse
5. DC
6. Final rinse tea rinse
7. Leave in & style twists

I wanna use up the rest of this brew in the fridge. Think this will do the job and my hair will love it.

Back