Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I read that YOU brew enough for a week and put it in the fridge ....so...that's what I do:giggle:

Nix08

Right...Right:lol: Then I take it out the night or a few hours before and get it Room Temp

I think you'd like Moringa Tea too. It's really, really great for Shine! You'll love the shine it gives.:cool2: Mad, Crazy, Ridiculous Shine.

And as you know there are several hair products that have Moringa, like from Qhemet Biologics and Afroveda etc....

IDareT'sHair

You're wicked:yep: you KNOW I've added that tea to my list now and I'm scheming as to when I'll make it to the store:yep:

I put about 4 ounces of the cold tea in a bottle and when I get in the shower I fill a cup with pretty warm water and stick my closed cold bottle off tea in it. By the time I'm ready to use it, its warmer. I put another closed bottle with my serving of aloe vera juice and allow the hot water from my shower to beat in it until I'm ready for it and it warms up as well.

@Nix08 Yeah @Ltown sent me some Moringa Tea last Summer (I think) and I was very impressed with it.:grin:

I bought some Kosher African Moringa Tea Bags earlier this year to use this Summer as well.

WOW.....just read up on Moringa tea....looks like I should be drinking this as well:yep: I've never heard of it but it seems amazing!

@Nix08 Yeah, @Ltown has slipped some in a Swap last summer and I did some rinses with it and was Hooked.

Very impressive which caused me to buy a box. Incredible Shine from using it too.

Don't think I drank any tho'. I've have to go back and ready up on drinking it (since I have a box).

RelaxedBlogSpot has Bamboo Tea (loose & bags) reasonably inexpensive. She does an excellent Article on Bamboo Tea & Relaxed Hair.

I know we had the Link in here, but it was a few pages ago. I'll see if I can find it and attach.

IDareT'sHair Oh yes bamboo tea...I have a good stash of that:yep: I just don't get around to drinking these tea's though:nono: I'm thinking when I make some for my hair I should gulp a little - I like to drink orange pekoe tea with honey and milk all these other herbal ones SO don't interest me although the benefits seems ridiculously good!

I'll do it.

Ive been doing it for some time now, I like the color and dimension coffees given my hair.

Smells nice too.
:look:
The only downside is it doesnt really seem to help shedding, which it was rumored to have done.

wow I was planning to read through the whole thread before posting but wowzers, so much info.

well Im new to the tea rinsing but I have been using teas for DCs and to mix my ayurveda and rhassoul clay mixtures.

my fave tea for mixing ayurveda pastes and rhassoul clay is

rose hips
marshmallow
nettle
lavender

I have no measurements, just equal amounts of each in 4 cups of water, boiled gently for 1 hour (usually comes down to about 2 cups)

Made a gallon of black tea, roobis, and nettle for the next week. I think I should have put in more of the roobis and kettle for the amount of water. I plan to use more during my rinse and daily spritz as the heat keeps up.

I'm not seeing the decreased shedding but definitely the softer hair and defined curls. Going shopping tomorrow so will pick up more of the roobis and a few new ones.

Vonnieluvs08 said:
Made a gallon of black tea, roobis, and nettle for the next week. I think I should have put in more of the roobis and kettle for the amount of water. I plan to use more during my rinse and daily spritz as the heat keeps up.

I'm not seeing the decreased shedding but definitely the softer hair and defined curls. Going shopping tomorrow so will pick up more of the roobis and a few new ones.
Vonnieluvs08 it just takes finding the right herb. I was lucky to have burdock in my pantry and started with that (I think) and it stopped the shed immediately. That was just dumb luck. Many just go thru finding herbs til something works. Can't beat the supple hair tho!

Did a Tea Rinse this a.m. with: Black, Hibiscus, Rosehips

Will also do an ACV.

I decided to pull the Coffee Rinses back out in the Fall.

IDareT'sHair & all my tea sisters..The little ones 7,9 Year old girls,walked by me smelling real good,looking shiny..I said,you smell nice & your skin looks good..They said yes,we used your fav spray..I'm like what spray? It turned out my HV hydra spritz..lol..They love the HV tea cream too...Gotta love being an aunti..lol..
7 year old nephew likes the spritz in his hair..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Spritz with HV Hydra silica & Applied Shea Hibiscus Smoothie.I still had some Red Tea left in my hair....Sealed with Sunflower oil...Love the combo

*I like the fact that HV Hydra & Red Tea Cream playes well with others.I like to get my monies worth..100 degrees today.My bun did very well..Stayed soft & moisturized...This heat is no joke..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Bought some teas from the health food store yesterday
Rosehips & hibiscus blend
Burdock root
Catnip (maybe, I forget)

I used my black tea, roobis, nettle mix today to rinse and refresh my hair. I ended up using aloe vera gel for my edges when i could have used the red tea. I will use it tomorrow.

Used Hisbiscus and marshamallow root in my DC tonight.

Brewing a batch for the week of my two blends:

DC teas - Hibiscus, marshmallow root, rosemary, fenugreek and burdock

Rinse teas - Nettle, Saw Palmetto, lavendar, horsetail, rosehip and catnip

Back