Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

:yep:@chebaby

Yeah...stick with the Rinses this Summer!:grin:

Both Homemade and Pre-Mixed work well.
imma try my first rinse this weekend. until then imma just spritz my hair every night(i know i said every other night but i changed my mind lol).
@chebaby

I got my little mix 'steeping' right now. After it cools I'll transfer it into a Spray Bottle.

I will start using this as a Refresher. I want to save my HV because it's only 4 ounces and HV is Closed For Inventory.:ohwell:
i only let mine steep/sit for like 3 hours before i used it. next time i will leave it overnight.

im also gonna start mixing my henna with tea instead of just water.

IDareT'sHair said:
chebaby

I got my little mix 'steeping' right now. After it cools I'll transfer it into a Spray Bottle.

I will start using this as a Refresher. I want to save my HV because it's only 4 ounces and HV is Closed For Inventory.:ohwell:

I know that close for inventory sign is killin me!!!!! I need noooooo I have to get my products!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

hair4today said:
My ramblings aside, I do have a question, as I'm not the best mixtress...do I need to keep the spritz in the fridge to keep it from going bad or is the two EOs good preservatives so that I can keep in the bathroom? If so, how long can I safely use this mix as a spritz before it goes bad? I'm afraid of the 'nasties'.
Glad your mix worked for you! Its amazing how these teas do so much for the quality of our insides and outsides. Love it!

Anways, keep it in the fridge. I tried with and w/o eo outside the fridge. I got 3 days without eo before it went bad. With eo it lasted about 4 or 5 days. If u think u can use it all in that time then cool...

Thanks for that update!

@chebaby

That sounds like a good idea for your Henna. You hafta' let me know how it turns out.:yep:

Now you got me watching Tea Rinse Videos.:lol:
i sure will let you know.:yep:
i went to whole foods but didnt have as much time as i needed to look through all the teas. i saw some peppermint tea but it said no caffeine so i didnt know if i should get it or not. isnt the purpose of tea rinses to have the caffeine?
so i just got some earl grey black tea and the had some hugo naturals stuff so i got the smoothing and defining conditioner. next time imma go back and get the other two conditioners lol.

imma go buy my henna this weekend from my local store but i dont know if imma actually do a henna any time soon.

and IDareT'sHair, girl i am loving that jar of joe. talk about soft hair:lick::lick: i thought it was a pomade but its more of a creamy butter:lick:

Auburn

Never heard of that Coffee? I've just been buying Millhouse Columbian Supreme for my Coffee Rinses.

I wanted something strong and Columbian is pretty strong.

@chebaby I've been keeping mine in the Fridge, both Homemade and Pre-Mix (just to be on the safe side).

I haven't added a Preservative to my Home-made and unsure about the Pre-Mixed.

Maybe someone else can Chime in @Shay72 @hair4today @DarkJoy ? Ltown

And anyone else that's making their own Hand-crafted Brews.:yep:

@chebaby I've been keeping mine in the Fridge, both Homemade and Pre-Mix (just to be on the safe side).

Maybe someone else can Chime in @Shay72 @hair4today @DarkJoy ? @Ltown

i think imma put it in there just to be on the safe side. i only made about 10oz and if im spraying every night itll probably last a couple weeks.

i think imma put it in there just to be on the safe side. i only made about 10oz and if im spraying every night itll probably last a couple weeks.

chebaby

Yeah, I keep mine in there. I'm sure the Pre-Mixed have preservatives added, but my Home-made Blend doesn't.

They're all in there taking up space. I even have my HTN Follicle Booster in there and AV Blueberry & Pomegrante Spritz.:lol: Errthang.

Spritzed with my Home-made Blend:

Horsetail
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto
Bamboo Leaf
Black Tea

Put in Spritz bottle. Will rotate with Hairveda's Tea Mist.

I still have a Gallon Jug in the Fridge but I'm using some that I've made by the Cup.

After I finish up this Jug, I'll just start making it for 1-2 uses instead of making a Gallon.

But I'll definitely use up this Gallon 1st, because it has my Blue Malva, Hibiscus, Calendua, Chamomile and alot of other Good Things.:lick:

And those Flowers are costly so I can't be wasting them.:look:

Just ordered some more ayurvedic herbs from butters-and-bars and they should be here this week. Lurking threads for recipes I can mix with my black tea and aloe vera juice. Will probably brew up some fenugreek tea since I have some powder left over just in time for my DC thursday.

sprayed my hair down last night with black tea. i dont know if i made mine strong enough. i keep reading where people are saying add 3 tea bags to 1 cup of water. i only added 1 bad:lol: oh well ill add more next time.
after i sprayed my scalp and hair really well i sealed it all in with jar of joe and bunned. i was gonna do a rinse today but im lazy so ill see how long this bun lasts before i need to do my hair over.

Still here spritzing once a day. I use tea bags # 2 which are used to make 4-8 cups of tea and I make 10-12OZ as I want mine as concentrated as possible. I also put the herbs in a knee hi in the spritz bottle and shake daily.

Maybe someone else can Chime in @Shay72 @hair4today @DarkJoy ? Ltown

IDareT'sHair, i'm sure its good in the fridge or not as long as nothing else is added. i make a gallon most of the time too, doing a tea rinse today with horsetail, saw palmetto, nettles, hibiscus.

Back