Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

spritzed and added a HOT of grapeseed and coconut oils as a pre-poo. Then clarifying shampoo and heat DC with SM deep treatment and more spritz. Spritzed again after rinsing and sealed with coco and shea butters. Now just stretching in several puffs before I attempt to shingle on dry hair.

I agree. That's why i purchase Shi-Naturals herbal tea rinses. There are 16 oz. Those 4oz bottles only last a few days with me. I spritz everyday with my tea.

I transferred some of my Claudie Tea Rinse in a Spritz Bottle today.

It smells really good.....so naturally, I had to Spritz some on!:lol:

I have been so slacking on this challenge since I did another and hopefully finally big BC in April. Now that my hair is growing back and I am using MT, I will be back on the tea rinse bandwagon. Starting off with rinse mixture of black tea and aloevera juice.

Coffee Day-

Washed with Shi Naturals scalp detox,Marie Dean coffee & Kokum dc 1hr,Bear Fruit chocolate coffee con to rinse,Silk Dreams Mocha silk hair milk leave-in,rubbed Hairatage Jar of Joe on roots/scalp & B.A.S.K Java Bean/Honey on ends..

*My hair feels great & smeels devine..I want to eat it..lol..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I poured on some Coffee and piled on my DC. Used HV pH Rinse at the end of my wash.
Used Claudie's Tea as part of my leave in.

I don't think regular tea rinsing is for me. It made my hair feel rough and coarse. Perhaps I brewed the tea too dark. Ms. Claudie's tea rinse, however is another story. I love this product. Makes my hair soft and smell good.

Just Brewed some Columbian for tomorrow's Hair Day.

Will do a Coffee, Hairveda's ACV Rinse and Saw Palmetto Tea with my Leave-In

*Thinking of a way to incorporate AVJ for the Summer*

divachyk said:
I don't think regular tea rinsing is for me. It made my hair feel rough and coarse. Perhaps I brewed the tea too dark. Ms. Claudie's tea rinse, however is another story. I love this product. Makes my hair soft and smell good.

Sorry it didn't work for you! Too dark is terrible for my hair as well. Caused lots of falls which is what we're trying to avoid! . I make it like I'm going to drink it. Very pale amber and that works like a charm.

Hadn't spritzed since I washed Friday and the falling hairs have already started! Plus some breakage from trying a new product my hair apparently despises.

Will keep it spritzed and twisted until next wash day. Maybe the breaking will stop. Ugh

Did my CAT

I'm thinking in 2013 adding ACV and/or AVJ to the Challenge as well.

Maybe C,T ACV and AVJ. For all you Aloe Vera Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar Rinses

im joining. i know im tardy to the party but my hair is falling out so yea....im in.
tonight i will brew and let steep over night some lipton tea(and maybe hibiscus tea since i already have some) and i will put it in a spray bottle and mist every other day.

im joining. i know im tardy to the party but my hair is falling out so yea....im in.
tonight i will brew and let steep over night some lipton tea(and maybe hibiscus tea since i already have some) and i will put it in a spray bottle and mist every other day.

chebaby

You Tardy???:lol: Naw....We're Glad to Have You.:yep:

:welcome3:

You really Enjoy YouTube and there are quite a few Videos on Tea Rinses...so check those out too.:yep:

still catching up on this thread(its my new thing)
so last night i made a black tea and put it in a spray bottle. i misted my scalp and hair with it and then bunned my hair. this morning i slapped some jar of joe on the front of my hair to smooth it back. that stuff is soooo creamy:lick:
i will be in whole foods today looking for peppermint and horsetail and more black tea.

@chebaby

You Tardy???:lol: Naw....We're Glad to Have You.:yep:

:welcome3:

You really Enjoy YouTube and there are quite a few Videos on Tea Rinses...so check those out too.:yep:
lol thanx T.
i forgot i have that trigga you sent me and i see quite a few people in here usin it so i will be using that too. probably as a pre poo.

i didnt know that about trigga until i read it in here. sounds:lick:
and this is my first time using jar of joe and i love it already:yep:

chebaby

That's Good News! I can't remember if you have Tiiva DC'er, but it has Coffee in it too.:lick:

I think you'll see a nice change in your Hair using Coffee & Tea:yep:

Have you watched any Tea Rinse Videos yet? I know you love YouTube

@chebaby

That's Good News! I can't remember if you have Tiiva DC'er, but it has Coffee in it too.:lick:

I think you'll see a nice change in your Hair using Coffee & Tea:yep:

Have you watched any Tea Rinse Videos yet? I know you love YouTube
i didnt get the tiiva but i will now since im on this tea coffee thing:yep:

i watched a few yt videos last night but imma watch more today.

chebaby

You'll hafta' keep us posted on how your Spritz is working out.:yep:

Right now, for my Daily (refresher), I've been using HV's Hydrasilica Tea Mist.

I'm about to make some to put in a Spray Bottle right now:

Horsetail
Nettle
Saw Palmetto
Bamboo
Burdock

There's alot of good Pre-Mixes out there too:

Shi Naturals
Claudie's
Its Perfectly Natural
Njoi Creations

And I loved QB Karady Tea:lick:

All have a pretty good Tea Spritz.

@chebaby

You'll hafta' keep us posted on how your Spritz is working out.:yep:

Right now, for my Daily (refresher), I've been using HV's Hydrasilica Tea Mist.

I'm about to make some to put in a Spray Bottle right now:

Horsetail
Nettle
Saw Palmetto
Bamboo
Burdock

There's alot of good Pre-Mixes out there too:

Shi Naturals
Claudie's
Its Perfectly Natural
Njoi Creations

And I loved QB Karady Tea:lick:

All have a pretty good Tea Spritz.
thanx T. imma look into all of that:yep:

chebaby

I got my little mix 'steeping' right now. After it cools I'll transfer it into a Spray Bottle.

I will start using this as a Refresher. I want to save my HV because it's only 4 ounces and HV is Closed For Inventory.:ohwell:

Reporting on another tea rinse success. Over the weekend, I tried a new rinse recipe and I gotta say its my best EVAH. Got busy so didn't get a chance to use it as a rinse so I added some lemongrass and peppermint EO and stuck it in the fridge for a few days. Last night my hair felt dry and looked kinda ruff so I decided to use the tea mix as a spritz. Ladies let me tell you my hair is in :love3: with this tea mix. All I did was spritz my hurr with the tea and applied one of my fave oils, Proclaim natural 7 Argan oil to seal, then installed 6 or so big chunky twists and woke up this morning to a banging twist-out. My hair was transformed my friends. It felt soft, moist, lush and it had body. Prior to, my hair was feeling dry and lackluster (which I attributed to not doing a tea rinse on wash day). I gotta say this tea spritz was better than any other commercial one that I've used before. Here is what I put in the tea/spritz mix: horsetail, nettle, rosemary, cherry bark, lavender, white willow bark, marshmallow root, burdock root, hibiscus flowers, malva flowers, bamboo leaf, moringa, irish moss and slippery elm, lemongrass and peppermint EO. Goes without saying, this will be my holy grail tea spritz from now on.

My ramblings aside, I do have a question, as I'm not the best mixtress...do I need to keep the spritz in the fridge to keep it from going bad or is the two EOs good preservatives so that I can keep it in the bathroom? If so, how long can I safely use this mix as a spritz before it goes bad? I'm afraid of the 'nasties'.

Last edited:
Back