Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

So it had been a while since I'd made my coffee/black tea rinse, but I did so on Friday night. Used it Saturday primarily on the scalp, did catnip tea on the length, put some DC on top, and let it sit. For four hours. After forgetting that I'd added cayenne pepper oil to the coffee. And now my scalp is making me pay. It'll be days before she calms down :nono:.

Been drinking a cup (or 2) of Bamboo Leaf Tea. Also taking Liquid Silica.

Will pull out my Pre-Mixed Tea Spritz soon. i.e. Shi-Naturals, Claudie's etc......

Happy Mother's Day to all the Coffee & Tea Rinsin' Mamas here!:flowers:
Hope you're all getting pampered today. You deserve it!

My pampering includes NOT having DD for the day. lol. and doing a henna treatment. After that I will use this Creme of Nature Argan DC I picked up last night and then tea spritz and flat twist.

As I DC I plan on enjoying a nice cuppa bamboo tea. :lick:

I wanted to post @againstallodds Article about Black Tea Rinsing. :grin:

I don't think she's in this particular Challenge, but she is in our HOTs Challenge and a member here. Very nice!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5vSfCQ&usg=AFQjCNHAKEOjVz1FtRHacGLL9Ip3ADspOQ

I read every single page of this challenge the other day and now I really want to focus on consistently doing tea rinses. I already love black tea rinses and am excited to try out other teas.

Can I join IDareT'sHair, :prettyplease: :prettyplease:

Last edited:
againstallodds said:
I read every single page of this challenge the other day and now I really want to focus on consistently doing tea rinses. I already love black tea rinses and am excited to try out other teas.

Can I join IDareT'sHair, :prettyplease: :prettyplease:

againstallodds, girl get your butt in here and tell us what u gonna use and how! Lol.

Welcome to the challenge!

I have been detangling with Claudies tea by spritzing it on my hair then adding conditioner and it has helped to speed up my detangling process! I love it! I have also been moisturizing with Hairveda's green tea creme each morning and it's pretty awesome too! Keeps my hair soft and shiny! I will keep this up for a while!

againstallodds, girl get your butt in here and tell us what u gonna use and how! Lol.

Welcome to the challenge!

againstallodds

Girl, You know how I get down. I'm care-free. :lol:

Yes, by all means.....(I made you an Honorary Member anyway):lol:

Other than Black Tea, are you planning on using anything else?

DarkJoyIDareT'sHair

Yay! :yay: *kevin hart voice* alright, alright, alright lol

In addition to black tea, to start off I have green tea, nettle, rosemary, and next week will have bamboo tea.

I'll be rotating my teas every week, starting tomorrow with a black tea rinse.

I'm about to hop in the shower to wash my hair.

Cowash with TJ Tea Tree Tingle
Tea/coffee/herbal rinse
TJ Nourish Spa conditioner for combing
Rinse again
AO HSR mixed with my last dregs of Marie deans Kokum and coffee dc as a leave in (just a little)

Getting ready to brew a Cup of Columbian for my Wash Day. Either Tuesday or Wednesday. *can't decide*

But whenever I do it, I'll do a CAT:lick:

Ya'll... I'm really lookin to get that bamboo tea local because it ain't gone last!

That little bag of loose-leaf is hardly enough! There's a china town about half a mile away so maybe I'll have a little luck. The Whole Foods nearby didn't have any. Grrrr

Anyway, will spritz, twist and trim tonight. keep meaning to, but always run out of time!

Used up the last of my coffee castor oil last night. Oiled my scalp and gave a quick scalp massage. Won't be making any more coffee castor oil. Will switch over to my regular castor oil blends.

Not sure if I will continue with any herbal tea rinses in the future. But if I do I will be back.

For all my complaining about minor setbacks and needing a trim, I did a quickie length check.

My longest layers at the nape have reached SL!! Woohoo! The crown is my problem spot and is NL from EL. The crown and sides are EL. That's something considering the top was only like 2 inches when I started. Yay!

My goal is to get that top and sides SL now.

Progress ya'll!

Gonna make a fresh brew tonight. Taking out the catnip and replace w bamboo. Still loving the nettle and burdock.

Just rubbed some Hairitage jar of joe on my scalp,Hairitage horsetail butter on the length & sealed with rice bran oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

I did a nice CAT yesterday!:lick:

I'll do another one this weekend (Coffee/Tea).

Will probably skip the ACV, because I plan to Hendigo and I use ACV in my Henna-Mix

@Brownie518

Girl, I love those Coffee/Tea Rinses!:drool: (And products containing Coffee and/or Tea)

Like I said, it was the biggest overall improvement to my Regimen in 2011.

I wish I would've done them earlier.:sad:

Today doing tea rinses, first (hibiscus, peppermint,horsetail,malva) will dc, then will use spritz of tea(horsetail,malva,sawpalmetto,nettle)mix with aloevera. I will be using this regular as a spritz. i will be using hairitage jar of joe.

Last edited:
I am currently steeping a marshmallow root/burdock root/slippery elm tea to mix my rhassoul clay with. Will also spritz my black tea mix on my roots.

Back