Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

divachyk

Claudie's Tea Rinse/Spritz has been getting some Great Reviews. I have mine stuck in the Fridge.:lick:

Can't wait to pull it out as the weather gets hotter.:grin:

I'll use that one, my Hairveda Hydrasilica Spritz and I have 2 Teas from Shi-Naturals.

Right now tho', I'm stuck on the Blends I've been making. I have some really nice Teas.

I am loving these Blends I've been making.:yep:

*taps foot and glares impatiently at the mailbox*

The bamboo tea better hurry up! lol. Dang, waaaay too excited!

Great for kids!

Been using it on my 6yo who is mixed (2b-3a depending on the day lol) since I started this challenge. Her hair was stalled @ BSL (stretched) for the last 6mo or so when I started teas. This month she reached WL!

A quick spritz and brush calms her frizz between washes for about 3 days. Its hard to tell on my naps besides shine and retention but on hers you see immediately the benefit of teas.

Eye candy! (Hope that's ok!)

Before spritz. Very dry and frizzed. Washed yesterday but left dry.
ForumRunner_20120508_193007.jpg

ForumRunner_20120508_193144.jpg

After spritzing and brush. Its barely damp. Soft and not too oily.
ForumRunner_20120508_193244.jpg

ForumRunner_20120508_193346.jpg

ForumRunner_20120508_193438.jpg

Great for kids!

Been using it on my 6yo who is mixed (2b-3a depending on the day lol) since I started this challenge. Her hair was stalled @ BSL (stretched) for the last 6mo or so when I started teas. This month she reached WL!

A quick spritz and brush calms her frizz between washes for about 3 days. Its hard to tell on my naps besides shine and retention but on hers you see immediately the benefit of teas.

Eye candy! (Hope that's ok!)

Before spritz. Very dry and frizzed. Washed yesterday but left dry.
View attachment 148893

View attachment 148895

After spritzing and brush. Its barely damp. Soft and not too oily.
View attachment 148897

View attachment 148899

View attachment 148901
DarkJoy, your daughter has beautiful, curly hair. You must be a proud mama. What tea combo did you use to tame the frizz? I'd like to try on my dd's hair as well, her cuticles never stay down for long so its got that flyaway look going on.

hair4today said:
DarkJoy, your daughter has beautiful, curly hair. You must be a proud mama. What tea combo did you use to tame the frizz? I'd like to try on my dd's hair as well, her cuticles never stay down for long so its got that flyaway look going on.

Thanks hair4today. I just want ppl to know that teas work great on any age and hair type!

Both of our hairs seem to love the latest mix:
1 tsp burdock
1 tsp nettle
.5 tsp catnip
2-3 tsp glycerin (or more depending on how dry the hair is)
2 tsp fave oil (I'm using grapeseed right now)

I make the tea light as if I was going to drink it. It makes me shed n break if I brew longer that 15mins in a cup of hot water. Simmering on the stove is too strong for us. Then it goes in a sprayer and the fridge.

I spray and detangle before bed. As long as its brushed and high bunned or braided for night it will stay frizz free for another day or 2. Sometimes water helps reactivate it if she insists on wearing it down for the day which dries her out a bit.

Bone dry this morning after finger detangling. Tea sprayed and high bunned last night. Good to go!
ForumRunner_20120509_100445.jpg

DarkJoy, you make a really good point and thank you so much for your post. I have been using tea rinses on myself and having some success with it but never thought about doing the same for my daughter. She's got a lot of hair that tends to tangle in on itself so keeping it in braids and twists are a must to prevent long, tearful detangling sessions. If I do a braid/twist out, back in protective styling it goes within a day, otherwise it frizzes and tangles like crazy. She's getting to the age (7) where she wants it out more often (or straight like her bff) and I was trying to figure out what to do that will keep her happy and heat free. Will definitely give your recipe a try...hopefully it works for her hair texture (4a, fine, high density). In the spirit of sharing, here is a recent twist-out pic.
Picture 106.jpg

Brownie518, can you believe IDareT'sHair is mixing teas and coffee like crazy:grin: I'm tired of mixing:lol:

Ltown

No!! I can't believe it at all!! :lol:

hair4today, IDareT'sHair, Brownie518, just got ordered bamboo tea last night and my order shipped today woo hoo...
Ok back to tea rinses, I rinsed with black tea, rosemary, and apple cider vinegar

soonergirl - Mine shipped yesterday! How is that tea rinse working, with the black tea/rosemary/ACV? That sounds like a good mix.

@DarkJoy, ...hopefully it works for her hair texture (4a, fine, high density). In the spirit of sharing, here is a recent twist-out pic.
View attachment 149003
OMG hair4today!! Your baby has beautiful beautiful hair! It's so THICK! :drunk: I think it's so cute when their hair is bigger than they are! :lachen:

My hair is fine like hers if not a little finer from what I can see, just not dense. She'll most likely be OK. At worst, the tea doesn't work at all... nothin to lose!

Good job on takin such good care of your little one's hair, mom!

hair4today said:
:woohoo: wow that's some fast shipping. @IDareT'sHair, how are you going to use it -- drinking or rinsing? either way, enjoy! I'm sitting here sipping my morning cuppa bamboo tea as we speak :lick:

IDareT'sHair and hair4today. My bamboo tea also arrived yesterday!! One word: deeeelicious!!
Another thing is its also organic. No aftertaste. Very smooth and light. Went really well with my asian themed dindin last night too. Lol

DarkJoy, so glad you're enjoying bamboo tea. Not only is it good for you but its the kind of tea you don't mind drinking again and again. Give it a few weeks and you'll start to notice the changes in your nails and hair that I had mentioned.

hair4today said:
DarkJoy, so glad you're enjoying bamboo tea. Not only is it good for you but its the kind of tea you don't mind drinking again and again. Give it a few weeks and you'll start to notice the changes in your nails and hair that I had mentioned.

In that case, I am adding bamboo tea to the list.

DarkJoy hair4today

Ladies, last night I wanted to comment on them Babies Hurr! :grin:

But I logged off early to watch Revenge *i know* :look:

And Completely Forgot.:blush:

Anyway, both of those babies are A-Dor-Able! Such Cuties! And that Hair!:drool:

I took some Tea Bags to work this morning and had a cup or 2.

It does taste good.:lick: I should make myself a cup of Horsetail right now (and compare). I've just been rinsing with the Horsetail

My Plans for Bamboo Leaf: 1/2 will be for Rinses and 1/2 for Drinking.:yep:

Last night I rinsed twice with my mix:

Coffee
Black tea
Peppermint
Hisbiscus flowers
Burdock root
Chamomile
Plantain leaves

It tasted good too (minus the coffee) lol.

My curls were shiny and popping today!!

Just Brewed some Coffee for my Coffee Rinse tomorrow a.m. with Columbian Supreme

Will also use HV ACV and my Home-made Growth Tea Blend

hair4romheaven said:
Im in this challenge for the rest of the year!!!!
Im seeping burdock,cat nip,nettle,horsetail,thyme,hibiscus petals & saw palmetto seeds.
I bought tea bags to put the herbs in.
Im also going to get a crock pot to infuse these herbs in an oil.
Im excited. :)

Still using my scalp spritz daily. It feels so good. My scalp throbs after application. After brewing the tea I put the herbs in a knee high, then put it in my spray bottle. I want it extra concentrated. Never made the oil got that trigger instead.

Oiled my scalp with my coffee castor oil blend. I am down to the bottom of the bottle. I have 1 more use left which I will probably use it up middle of next week. I won't make any more. I will use a regular castor oil blend after that.

Back