Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Good Mornting,

so I have been using this coffee/tea concoction (coffee, black tea steeped w/nettle & hibiscus, green tea, rosemary eo, sage eo) I've been using it on my scalp to pre-poo and afterwards as a rinse. The good thing is the shedding has decreased slightly but the bad thing is that it leaves my scalp itchy after a couple of day so I am forced to shampoo my scalp every few days. I should have listened to @DarkJoy and just done a basic rinse and taken it from there. So I'm gonna cut out the coffee and just do the black tea with nettles & hibiscus and see if that works better.

Happy rinsing :)
Let us know how it goes nurseN98!
------

The breaking/shedding as stopped in just a cpl days of switching to a lighter brew. Yay!

Sadly, I bought the SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. The silk protein in it dried out a lot of the moisture progress I made. At least it's not breaking so far. So today, I pre-pood with my new catnip, nettle, burdock and glycerin blend. Then washed with a nettle and coconut oil poo-bar. Now DC'ing with ORS Replenishing Pack. Will spritz again and seal with the my butter creme mix and braid for braid out.

Under the Steamer with Marie Dean's Calendua & Chamomile DC'er with a Cup of Coffee Underneath.

Will do an ACV (Hairveda) and my Growth Tea Brew with my Leave-In

IDareT'sHair

You know I'll be on the lookout! I placed my order this morning, though.

I sprayed a little of Claudie's Tea on my hair, sealed up with a little Shi Naturals PrePoo buttercreme and wrapped it up. Came out so soft and shiny!

Spritzed my 2nd day hair this morning. Sealed with grapeseed oil. Will have to do it again 2nite and retwist.

My hair really needs to look up the term "3rd day hair" so we have less fights. Lol

Last night: spritzed and used butter creme to seal for flat twist out. This time also spritze AGAIN after twists were in then sealed again on top of that with a carols daughter pomade. Noooooow the hair is smiling and moist but not greasy. Woohoo

Finally brewing my tea mix for my growth spritz.This spritz has saw palmetto, burdock root, and horsetail tea in it. Then I will add some aloe vera juice. I will alternate using this daily with Claudie's tea rinse. If I make my shine/conditioning tea spritz I will put that in rotation too.

Brewing now. Nettle, catnip, burdock. This will be my 2nd brew with the 'nip and using a little more to see how the hair reacts. Going to follow Shay72 's lead and pour in a little aloe gel while the tea is still warm so it melts. A smidge of grapeseed oil to the mix and as always a couple tsp of glycerin.

I Love this Thread and all the Creative "Brews!" :grin:

My Milk Thistle and Rose Hips Teas arrived fhe other day, and I will be adding them in my Growth Blend.

Poured on some coffee and put my DC on top. Finished with Hairveda pH Rinse.
Used Claudie's Tea as part of my leave in.

I used Claudie's Tea Rinse as a leave-in and loved it. So, I'm a little curious now. I will try brewing some Lipton's tea and use it as a tea rinse later in the week. Since I'm a newbie to this, will someone please tell me what tea bag / water ratio should I consider?

I Love this Thread and all the Creative "Brews!" :grin:
This is a fabulous thread and wonderful challenge. Gotten so many ideas from the ladies here and it's saved these coils a lot of breakage and loss. :)
-----
Attempting a short baggy with the new brew and some grapeseed oil and using up my Giovanni Direct Leave In. Short cuz IDK how long this bag will stay on before it slips off. I sleep kinda wild. :lachen:

Hey ladies, so the newest addition to my tea rinse is bamboo leaf tea. I have been drinking the tea for a month to add silica to my diet (bamboo is known to have high levels of silica) which increases tensile strength and elasticity to hair and nails. I saw an immediate diff in my nails which are growing like weeds then over the past few weeks my hair started to get stronger, less fragile/ breakage prone and definitely more elastic. Anyhow, I bought the loose leaf as well as the tea bags so yesterday, I added the loose tea to my favorite tea rinse mix (horsetail, nettle, burdock root, marshmallow root, moringa, blue malva and hibiscus flowers) and my hair LOVES this combination. Post wash, it feels, stronger but so soft and plush and the sheen is outta this world. Bamboo leaf tea is so delicious to drink but is also great as a topical application.

Hey ladies, so the newest addition to my tea rinse is bamboo leaf tea. I have been drinking the tea for a month to add silica to my diet (bamboo is known to have high levels of silica) which increases tensile strength and elasticity to hair and nails. I saw an immediate diff in my nails which are growing like weeds then over the past few weeks my hair started to get stronger, less fragile/ breakage prone and definitely more elastic. Anyhow, I bought the loose leaf as well as the tea bags so yesterday,...

hair4today: did you find it at a whole foods or something?!:blush: (I'm obviously excited). I browse the teas at my local WF and health food store and haven't seen this ever. Did you order it?

Thanks for the tip!

I am currently doing a tea rinse - black tea/coltsfoot/horsetail/nettle and some other things I can't remember right nah.

@DarkJoy, I purchased the bamboo leaf tea from a blogger named Nadege over at relaxed hair health. Athough not on the ground, shipping is a flat fee of $4. Here is the link if you're interested http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.ca/p/bamboo-leaf-tea.html. If you visit the site, she has witten a few articles about the benefits of incorporating silica in your diet to improve hair health. Hope you like the tea cause I absolutely love it.

Oh she created Gleau Oil which I :love:. She is very knowledgeable :yep:.

Spritzed my hair with my coffee/tea mix. Then slapped on some CJ Banana & Hibiscus Deep Fix.

I make some caffeine oil/tea oil today in my small crock pot using some black tea bags and olive oil. This created such a "dark" oil. I love it. I added the caffeine oil to my "trash bag" growth oil. Trying to acheive one inch a month.

IDareT'sHair, sawwy about tempting u from your no-buy, but there's so many different ways to incorporate herbs and teas into hair care that it boggles the mind. I think you'll like this tea cause if you don't like it for hair, its very yummy to drink, it's mild and refreshing no bitter after taste, etc. Makes the perfect cup of tea. :lick: Let me know how you like it once you've tried it.

Oh she created Gleau Oil which I :love:. She is very knowledgeable :yep:.

Spritzed my hair with my coffee/tea mix. Then slapped on some CJ Banana & Hibiscus Deep Fix.
Shay72, I have been eyeing the Gleau oil but haven't taken the plunge cause it seems a bit pricey plus I don't have relaxed hair so wasn't sure how it would work for curly hair. Do you mind sharing how it's working for you?

Back