Can you really claim to be SL when you have no neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because I saw a girl on youtube ( i won't out her in case she's on this board) claiming to be SL when she had no neck. She was a lil thick so I guess SL was a lot easier to reach. While I'm happy that she felt she had reached SL, she was being a tad unrealistic. What she called SL was probably 5 inches of hair and on an "average" person, it would be neck length.

It just got me thinking about my own goals and trying to tell myself my hair has grown 3 inches when it's probably two, telling myself my hair doesn't need to be cut off when it really does.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else lies to themselves about their hair...

I'm sorry but :lachen::lachen:.

But seriously she can't help the length of her neck. My brastrap is only like an inch above my mid back. Oh well I'm still claiming it. You can't help how your body is.

I ask because I saw a girl on youtube ( i won't out her in case she's on this board) claiming to be SL when she had no neck. She was a lil thick so I guess SL was a lot easier to reach. While I'm happy that she felt she had reached SL, she was being a tad unrealistic. What she called SL was probably 5 inches of hair and on an "average" person, it would be neck length.

It just got me thinking about my own goals and trying to tell myself my hair has grown 3 inches when it's probably two, telling myself my hair doesn't need to be cut off when it really does.

ftp

lol..j/k.

i'm confused.... should she wait until she's APL to claim SL? i evaluate where i am on my goals based on my own body. i'm not gonna say, well, i'm MBL but on someone else, this would probably be APL, so i can't really claim it. wtf

LOL LHCF goes HARD haha :lachen: Well my APL is prolly more like the mid point to apl on others because I'm so tiny. *shrugs* It's still my struggle to get it to grow. It may have looked easy to you for her to get to SL because she suffers from no-neck-at-tall but you dunno what she had to do to get there lol. Let her claim it. YOU GROW GIRL!

I don't think I'm unrealistic though. It is what it is. My waist length hair will be BSL on yall. *shrugs* I ain't gonna front like I'm rapunzel when I really just Beyonce on a good lacefront day. It's just a hair journey.

:lachen: @ the title of this thread! I say if it's SL on your body, then it's SL! Women come in all shapes and sizes. It wouldn't be fair to say she didn't have SL hair just because on your body it wouldn't be. What about people who have short torsos or are short in stature? Should they wait until their hair is WL to claim APL cause on a supermodel's body it would be?

I don't think it's healthy to base your hair goals on someone else's body measurements. If you have different proportions and hair measurements, than go by what you have to determine your hair's length. That's just my humble opinion.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Anyway.. if she has no neck, that means she has a big fat head. Same difference. She's SL!

[I ask because I saw a girl on youtube ( i won't out her in case she's on this board) claiming to be SL when she had no neck. She was a lil thick so I guess SL was a lot easier to reach.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else lies to themselves about their hair...[/QUOTE]

LOL LHCF goes HARD haha :lachen: It may have looked easy to you for her to get to SL because she suffers from no-neck-at-tall
I don't think I'm unrealistic though. It is what it is. My waist length hair will be BSL on yall. *shrugs* I ain't gonna front like I'm rapunzel when I really just Beyonce on a good lacefront day. It's just a hair journey.[/QUOTE]

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Anyway.. if she has no neck, that means she has a big fat head. Same difference. She's SL!

Y'all are KILLING ME!!! And that quote about Beyonce might end up on my FB status or something!:lol: And yes I agree with the general opinion--your body is your body, so claim yo' length accordingly!

Last edited:
This is similar to a thread I tried to post a few weeks ago. I really dislike the use of body parts to describe how long your hair is because shoulder length on one person may be armpits (ick - worse marker ever) on another. I prefer to say how many inches I have than use my body because it's not really telling you all that much. It's OK for personal goals, but for me the problems come in when the following happens:

If a short woman with no neck says "This product helped my hair get to MBL/WL!!", everyone starts tripping over themselves. But I don't see why tall women or women with longer necks/torsos should be tripping over themselves for what may only be 3-4 inches of gained growth (something most of us can do with time and care).

Someone in my other thread was saying how it didn't matter because we were all here to support each other, etc. etc. That's true to an extent, but my main reason is to grow MY hair and keep an eye out for women who have similar textures and have reached my goal length. Seeing other people growing is a bonus. That's why I always make it a point to ask people how tall they are when they say they are a 4a and MBL or longer and consider their body type. When I was on this forum a few years ago I found out my hair idol as far as length was only 5'1". It made me sad because she was an inspiration and we had similar textures, but it's much easier to hit MBL/WL when you're 5'1" than when you're almost 5'7" with a long neck and torso like me.

Last edited:
This is similar to a thread I tried to post a few weeks ago. I really dislike the use of body parts to describe how long your hair is because shoulder length on one person may be armpits (ick - worse marker ever) on another. I prefer to say how many inches I have than use my body because it's not really telling you all that much. It's OK for personal goals, but for me the problems come in when the following happens:

If a short woman with no neck says "This product helped my hair get to MBL/WL!!", everyone starts tripping over themselves. But I don't see why tall women or women with longer necks/torsos should be tripping over themselves for what may only be 3-4 inches of gained growth (something most of us can do with time and care).

Someone in my other thread was saying how it didn't matter because we were all here to support each other, etc. etc. That's true to an extent, but my main reason is to grow MY hair and keep an eye out for women who have similar textures and have reached my goal length. Seeing other people growing is a bonus. That's why I always make it a point to ask people how tall they are when they say they are a 4a and MBL or longer and consider their body type. When I was on this forum a few years ago I found out my hair idol as far as length was only 5'1". It made me sad because she was an inspiration and we had similar textures, but it's much easier to hit MBL/WL when your 5'1" than when you're almost 5'7" with a long neck and torso like me.
\

This is not true. Torso length matters more than height. A person that is 5'7 with a short torso would reach mbl faster than a person that is 5'1 with a long torso and short legs.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: you dead ***wrong for this title! but yeah i see it here, fotki, youtube and bhm claiming imaginary inches that aren't there!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: you dead ***wrong for this title! but yeah i see it here, fotki, youtube and bhm claiming imaginary inches that aren't there!

The inches ARE there. :grin: I was trying to be funny, but I was also serious. Your neck doesn't just evaporate... it gets sucked up into your head. Shoulder Length on a person with the same proportions with a smaller head and more neck would be the same. Right?

Where do y'all think fat people's necks go? :lachen:

The inches ARE there. :grin: I was trying to be funny, but I was also serious. Your neck doesn't just evaporate... it gets sucked up into your head. Shoulder Length on a person with the same proportions with a smaller head and more neck would be the same. Right?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: i just cant lmao.

No like seriously I know some one who does not have a neck. Its just a head sitting on her shoulders. Just like when you were a lil kid and you use to smash your Barbie's Head down lol. She looks just like that!

I don't know if this is serious or a joke.
If she's shoulder length, she's shoulder length, whether she's built like a giraffe or built like a snowman.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:That's too cold.... but funny. Everybody has different body measurements; some have no neck, some have short torsos or some may even have a long torso with giraffe legs. We only have our own bodies to measure our own progress, even if it may seem unfair for those of us with extremely alien like long torsos and progress seems to take forever. It is what it is sis. :rolleyes::bighug:

Well.....if you have no neck and your hair is on your shoulder, then technically, you are shoulder length. Remember, that's why it's different for everyone. Because everyone's body is different. So shoulder length on me might be 8 inches of hair, but on you it might be 10 inches of hair. On her, I guess it's 5 inches of hair.

So if she can't claim SL because she has no neck, can a short person calim BSL since their torso is shorter than a tall person? What's the height when you should start adding or subtracting lenght to be a "real" BSL? For real though. I'm short. Do I need to wait until I'm midback to claim BSL.

Girl you are too funny.

With that train of thought I should be claiming APL already. Have you seen my long neck & torso?

I don't see why it matters. Her hair is to her shoulders, which makes her SL. Of course everyone is different but we measure hair relative to our own proportions. I'm 5'7 with a extra long legs, a short torso AND a short neck and I'm using that to my advantage cause mbl is wl for me. What ya gonna do about it? Grow ya hair, claim what you want as long as the pics show it.

:lachen:

If her hair lands at her shoulders, then she's SL on her. And how else are you going to measure her hair anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back