Calling in the One Challenge

Avyn

Who needs to reset, reboot, or completely alter the way you approach romantic relationships? *raises hand*

How about a Calling in the One challenge?

Amazon's Description:
Psychotherapist Thomas's warm-hearted "course" for the lovelorn focuses on internal change rather than a quest for "the One," because, she says, "There is a huge chasm between wanting to find your ideal partner and being truly available... when he or she appears." Each of the seven weeks centers on a theme, including preparing to let love into one's life, letting go of childhood wounds and loving oneself. Thomas reinforces her lessons with standard self-help techniques, particularly meditation and journaling.

Description from website:

Are you frustrated by disappointing relationships, missed connections, and the loneliness of the search for someone to spend the rest of your life with? Are you ready, instead, to find “The One”? In Calling in “The One,” Katherine Woodward Thomas shares her own personal experience to show us that in order to find the relationship that will last a lifetime, you have to be truly open and ready to create a loving, committed, romantic union. Calling in “The One” shows you how.

Based on the Law of Attraction, which is the concept that we can only attract what we’re ready to receive, the provocative yet simple seven-week program in Calling in “The One” prepares you to bring forth the love you seek. For each of the 49 days of Thomas’s thoughtful and life-affirming plan, there is a daily lesson, a corresponding practice, and instruction for putting that lesson into action in your life. Meditation, visualization, and journaling exercises will gently lead you to recognize the obstacles on your path to love and provide ways to steer around them. At the end of those 49 days, you will be in the ideal emotional state to go out into the world and find “The One.” An inspirational approach that offers a radical new philosophy on relationships, Calling in “The One” is your guide to finding the love you seek.

Link to reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Calling-The-One-Weeks-Attract/dp/1400049296

Almost all of the review a that I've read so far speak of finding fulfilling love soon after going through the course.

I have the book already and have yet to go through the whole thing. I keep getting stuck. It would help to have a support group to go through this process with.

Who's in?

God_Favor
ivyness
miss_a
ClassicChic

Challenge Rules:
1. Post your intention for starting the process
2. Check in to update us on your process and support others

Last edited:
I'll join you if I can find a link to a free copy.

ETA search fail and can't buy it off iTunes us store and not in au store. can someone anyone pm me a link please. If you guys are starting on Sunday then I need to start now as its already Sunday where I am.

Last edited:
I was thinking that others might join who don't have the book. Lemme see if I can find a link to an ebook.

I'll join you if I can find a link to a free copy.

ETA search fail and can't buy it off iTunes us store and not in au store. can someone anyone pm me a link please. If you guys are starting on Sunday then I need to start now as its already Sunday where I am.

ivyness
http://bgabriellanora.blog.interia.pl/?id=3055539

See if that one works.

Eta: I just checked and I think you have to do some kind of survey.

Scribd, Netflix, and Amazon carry the ebooks.

Last edited:
DanitheBee and miss_a
I actually dont think it matters if we start at the same time. This thread will be here so we can support each other through the process and to document our thoughts, revelations, successes and challenges. I'll tag everyone once a week to make sure you dont fall off.

Last edited:
Hi ladies I just wanted to give you a story about calling in the one. I gave a friend a copy of this book because she was close to 40 and was bummed she may never find true love. I kid you not that VERY month she met and fell in love with the man who would become her husband. This was back in 2012 and they are still blissfully married. I believe this book truly works.

I am also in the best relationship I've ever had in my life right now. Just a little encouragement

Hi ladies I just wanted to give you a story about calling in the one. I gave a friend a copy of this book because she was close to 40 and was bummed she may never find true love. I kid you not that VERY month she met and fell in love with the man who would become her husband. This was back in 2012 and they are still blissfully married. I believe this book truly works.

I am also in the best relationship I've ever had in my life right now. Just a little encouragement

Thank you EagleEyes85
I hear that over and over and I cant believe I have the book collecting dust on the shelf.

ivyness http://bgabriellanora.blog.interia.pl/?id=3055539 See if that one works. Eta: I just checked and I think you have to do some kind of survey. Scribd, Netflix, and Amazon carry the ebooks.

Thanks Avyn my bank automatically declines payments to Netflix on my cc. I did the survey but it didn't download. I couldn't find the book on scribd yesterday (even downloaded the app) I've never successfully been able to buy off Amazon because of the U.S. Address issue but I will try again this evening.

Otherwise I'm out but will keep an eye on this thread and send you ladies good vibes.

Thank you Lord for answered prayer!

I was praying early this morning to find a support group for the Calling in The One book,
because I had started back reading it a few days ago. I read the entire book a few months ago, but this time I am going through it and completing the exercises.

I am ready to get married and have learned how important it is to focus on my intention
to get married instead of focusing on not being married yet. And it is more powerful to be among like minded women who are supportive and focused on what they want, instead of complaining about what they don't have.

I will complete week one this week. This morning I had to release a guy I believed was The One because either the timing isn't right yet or he is not The One at all. I still believe I can meet my husband before this year is over with. I wish all of you your heart's desires during this process and beyond.

Thank you Avyn for starting this challenge!

Well if this isn't what I need to make that turn in my personal life, then I don't know what it will be. Thanks for starting this OP.

I'd love to join.

Avyn

I've heard of this book OP, but I've never actually given it a chance! You know what, count me in! What can it hurt??

I'll try to see if I can download the book on my Kindle.

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if this book really does work, because I've already sensed a definite POSITIVE change in myself and my thinking ever since I let go of old relationship baggage and truly healed myself before Sept. 1st. It was sooo cathartic. Ever since September 1st I've truly had a complete turn around in how I view things now. I'm not even anxious for a relationship anymore lol. I truly feel really happy with where I'm at in my life right now.

I'm open to finding someone, and who knows..maybe this book will help me even further in my self-discovery or in attracting the RIGHT one for me. :yep:

Thanks OP! :grin:

This morning I had to release a guy I believed was The One because either the timing isn't right yet or he is not The One at all.

tigerrose
This was me last night!

I am still holding on to the belief that I let "The One" go and I used to cyber stalk him once a year or so but havent in the last few years. Well, ladt night he popped up on my fb list of friends I might know since we have a lot of mutual friends. This has never happened before and my excitement to click on his page was unsettling. For the first time, I felt annoyed with myself for being concerned about his life and for dwelling on what could've been. In reality I dont fit in his life and im drastically different now. I wouldn't have liked the person I would've become with him.

spelling errors

Last edited:
tigerrose
For the first time, I felt annoyed with myself for being concerned about his life and for dwelling on what could've been. In reality I dont fit in his life and im drastically different now. I wouldn't have liked the person I would've become with him.

This was a breakthrough for you because you can now release him and have total peace about it. I have finally learned that when I am with The One I will have peace about our relationship. Most importantly, we will fit perfectly together and enhance each other's lives. On our 10th wedding anniversary I want us both to feel like our lives are better because we are together.

OP, does this woman have a YouTube Channel?? I think I've seen this woman in her YouTube Videos before! No wonder this book sounded familiar.

I think this is the author no??

Video: "Calling In The One - Key #1"

Video: "Calling In The One - Key #2"

I really liked these two videos... I though they were really informative. :yep: I downloaded the book to my Kindle last night! :grin:

I can testify that this book works! If you're not sure if you want a relationship, don't read this book because men will come from all directions... It was almost scary!

FlowerHair Wow REALLY?? :shocked: :lachen:

I want the deets! What was YOUR experience??

Ok, I bought this book on a whim...maybe it wasn't a whim since I saw this thread first :look:

Either way, I just finished reading the intro and already had an epiphany. I feel self conscious about it, but I'm gonna share anyway for the sake of trying something different.

I keep harping about how much I want a serious bf and blah, blah, blah, but cringe at the thought of being held responsible for the things I do/say. I can be fickle/indecisive and my feelings on a matter can change from one day to the next. In a rlshp I will have to be sure about things, and real about my feelings.

There, I said it. Yes, it was hard :ohwell::lol:

Crystalicequeen123 I read this book when I was tired of my relationship with my SO circa 4 years ago and BAM, I had so many dates lined up and men came up to me and said the weirdest things (Swedish men don't really approach women in general, so this was extra weird) like how beautiful I was etc etc.

However, SO was also drawn in by whatever charm this book gave to me and confessed that he wanted us to stay together and move forward and have a baby. And here I am. :)

But if I'm ever in that situation again...I'll be dusting off that book and do it all over again. I'm not going to lie, those exercises were difficult for me. I guess they asked the right questions.

Crystalicequeen123 I read this book when I was tired of my relationship with my SO circa 4 years ago and BAM, I had so many dates lined up and men came up to me and said the weirdest things (Swedish men don't really approach women in general, so this was extra weird) like how beautiful I was etc etc.

However, SO was also drawn in by whatever charm this book gave to me and confessed that he wanted us to stay together and move forward and have a baby. And here I am. :)

But if I'm ever in that situation again...I'll be dusting off that book and do it all over again. I'm not going to lie, those exercises were difficult for me. I guess they asked the right questions.

I was stuck in BAM for 2 minutes trying to figure out if that was a lhcf acronym. I'm eccstatic about your testimony! Btw you are one of my hair inspirations here on lhcf!

tigerrose
This was me last night!

I am still holding on to the belief that I let "The One" go and I used to cyber stalk him once a year or so but havent in the last few years. Well, ladt night he popped up on my fb list of friends I might know since we have a lot of mutual friends. This has never happened before and my excitement to click on his page was unsettling. For the first time, I felt annoyed with myself for being concerned about his life and for dwelling on what could've been. In reality I dont fit in his life and im drastically different now. I wouldn't have liked the person I would've become with him.

spelling errors

Im kinda in the same boat. I really feel like this guy I used to talk to on fb was "the one" eventhough it's been 4 years since I cut that off. We're soo different in our upbringings interests and goals that I don't see how I could possibly fit into his life. It's not like I haven't seen him in 4 tears it's just that 4 years ago was the last time we really talked. I want to move on but I cannot stop thinking about him and what he's doing and if he's found someone better than me and nicer because I feel like I come off as cold. Sigh idk.

Back