Calling all Self RollerSetters!!!

Which of these effects did MSM cause?

• Freestanding - No rollers clipped together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clipped together (one to the next)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lindy

I asked this question in another post, but only got one response... But now I'm really curious... For those who rollerset, do you clip your rollers in so that they're free standing (each roller stands alone) or do you clip one to the next?? I do the latter, and I always assumed everyone did it this way (except for when you're using the snap-on covers)...
confused.gif

I do both some of the ones in the front and the ones above my ears are clipped to the rollers above them and the rest are free standing.

Oh heck... for some reason you can't vote til 12:20 a.m. And it won't let me change the poll!!!
ohwell.gif

When I roll my hair I use bobby pins (which I don't think anyone else here does because I don't know what roller clips are
confused.gif
), but I'll pin them together only if they seem like they're going to flop around.

Each roller stands alone but I clip the rollers that are going down the back near the bottom. I never can get those tight enough.

I am having difficulty getting the ones in the front taut. But i do not clip my rollers together. a lot of stylists do this technique of clipping rollers together. i dont think it dangers the hair...

Freestanding. Only. The only way I clip them to one another is if I'm trying to "catch hair and I don't have any room left on my head for a rollers so that the roller is actually flush with my ear, or my neck....

But if there's scalp to clip it to, I clip it to my roots - not my other rollers.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
Each roller stands alone but I clip the rollers that are going down the back near the bottom. I never can get those tight enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, because it I cant see the roller, it ends up being loose.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Freestanding. Only. The only way I clip them to one another is if I'm trying to "catch hair and I don't have any room left on my head for a rollers so that the roller is actually flush with my ear, or my neck....

But if there's scalp to clip it to, I clip it to my roots - not my other rollers.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

Oh my gosh!!! Now this is REALLY interesting, because I clip my rollers together... it's so easy that way, and it's the ONLY way I'd be able to get them to stay in nice and tight!! I truly always assumed everyone did their sets this way!!(My Mom does hers this way, and I learned from her).

For you ladies who do them freestanding -- what clips do you use?? I'm assuming you use either the long silver ones, or long bobbie pins?? (I use the short metal clips...)

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
Lindy,

I use these Double Prong Clips

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the same ones I use.
smile.gif
So you just clip one on each side of the rollers, and it stays in tight??!!! I hate it when my rollers feel loose...
crazy.gif

Well, I am still having a small problem with my rollersets, that I am trying to tweak, I don't think it's with the clips though, I'll have to see.

I use one too.
smile.gif
No room on my little head for two...they get in the way of the rollers!
laugh.gif
Same double pronged clips.

The key with clipping them to your head and getting them in tight is the angle you pull/comb the hair in before you put in the roller. If you pull the hair as far as you can in the opposite direction of the way you are going to wind the roller, the set is tighter.

But if your way is working for you Lindy, why change?

I do my rollersets free standing and I use short bobby pins to clip them down. Ive heard of people clippin rollers together but I assumed it prolonged drying time because the heat is not able to circulate in between the rollers when the rollers r clipped together.

I do my rollersets free standing and I use the double-prong clips (one for each roller). When my mother rollersets my hair, she clips the rollers together. It's funny how a lot of us rollerset our hair nowadays and our mothers have been doing this for years.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
But if your way is working for you Lindy, why change?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to change, Tracy... I'm just curious!!
grin.gif
Heck, I'm finally at the point where I can do a rollerset w/o wanting to throw the bag of rollers/pins out the window and pull my blowdryer out of the drawer, (and I've been setting my hair for 2 years!!) so believe me... I'm gonna stick with what I know!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

(And one day if I'm feeling very adventurous, I just might try the freestanding method!!
wink.gif
)

Hi Lulu
wave.gif

I clip my rollers together, except for those on the sides that aren't close enough to be clipped to any other rollers. I also use the double prong roller clips, the ones that slide all the way into the roller, so they're not sticking out and taking up space.

[ QUOTE ]
kytrona said:
Hi Lulu
wave.gif

I clip my rollers together, except for those on the sides that aren't close enough to be clipped to any other rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... FINALLY someone else who clips 'em together!! Thanks Kytrona... I was starting to think I was the only oddball here!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back