~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

:lachen: @ -I was attacked by a gang of pirates and they broke my camera and took my castor oil :axehunter:'

Still doing my CO/Amla mix nightly to seal. I think I may order some JBCO though for my edges. I had some, but it seems to have MySiSteRiously disappeared :rolleyes:.

:lachen: @ -I was attacked by a gang of pirates and they broke my camera and took my castor oil :axehunter:'

Still doing my CO/Amla mix nightly to seal. I think I may order some JBCO though for my edges. I had some, but it seems to have MySiSteRiously disappeared :rolleyes:.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Count me in I will try to post my picture before the deadline. probably will be using three times a week, straight nothing added to it and avocado and coconut oil on my ends. and shea butter from afroveda from time to time

Last edited:
I'm in... the lady who threads my eyebrows suggested I put regular Castor Oil on my eyebrows to make them grow in thicker and faster. I am gonna mix my pharmacy brand of CO with my Sulfur & Ylang Ylang Oil mix! I'll post a pic tonight when I get home.

I got my JBCO from Sheabutter cottage, so I cracked my knuckles, opened up the bottle and for the past 3 days I have been applying it sort of heavy handed. I am going to order another bottle tomorrow. I am going to use it around my edges and in my scalp a little, will post another busted starting picture next week.

I like the smell though, its nutty and smells like it will work!! :-)

Very funny Aspire "MySiSteRiously" LOL!

My hair is now twisted (ugh) but I use JBCO on myself and my twins. I want to join, but I won't have a starting pic since my hair has been seriously jacked up. I have no idea how much I'll need cut after I take my hair down either. Lemme leave... I'm starting to get mad again!!!

I'm in. Can't post a starting photo, but I'll be doing this with you ladies.

Using Home Health CO, but I want to try Tropical Isles JBCO in lavendar scent. Shipping is expensive.

For ladies that have used CO and JBCO, does JBCO absorb better into the hair?

Any ladies in Los Angeles find JBCO locally?

Thanks

Here is my starting pic:

I applied my castor oil mix to my scalp a few minutes ago.

My mix:
Castor Oil
Peppermint EO
Lavender Vanilla EO
MSM powder

Smelled hmm hmm good!

Attachments

• Length1Pass.jpg
    Length1Pass.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 21
Here is my starting pic:

I applied my castor oil mix to my scalp a few minutes ago.

My mix:
Castor Oil
Peppermint EO
Lavender Vanilla EO
MSM powder

Smelled hmm hmm good!

Where did you get the Lavendar Vanilla EO? That sounds like it would smell delicious.

Where did you get the Lavendar Vanilla EO? That sounds like it would smell delicious.

It really smells good! I purchased it from The Body Shop. Ur supposed to add it to ur bath water or massage ur temples with it for a sound sleep. But I decided to add a capful to my mix for scent.

Finally broke down and order JBCO on line from Sam247....wow, great customer service, and it arrived today! I searched alll over, visiting at least a doz caribbean stores...no luck..castor oil yes, JBCO no...grrrr. Will post my starting pic this weekend.

i wonder if i can refrigerate my castor oil to solidfy it. i figure it will be easy to apply this way.

i wonder if i can refrigerate my castor oil to solidfy it. i figure it will be easy to apply this way.

I don't think that the Castor oil will turn into a solid. I have had it in very cold temperatures and it never has solidified. Coconut oil is what I have noticed it changes to a solid very quickly in cold temperatures. I hope this helps.

ok, ladies, i did my castor oil twice this week and have been doing so for a few weeks, now.
i'm happy to report that my hair has grown an inch since jan.11th, so if this castor oil has helped (along with the other gazilliion things i'm doing), i've got to stick with it.

the only drawback is that it really seems to weigh my hair down.

does that happen with any of you?????

hhj!

I have been applying castor oil mixed with MN and other oils to my scalp 3x a week. I usually baggy over night with turbie towel and my hair feels so moist in the morning. This helps because go to the gym 4x a week

I am in!! I have some castor oil cause I remembered that was on the good list--but I only used it once because I just didn't know how! This is a great challenge because it tells me how to use it!! I am in! Will post starting pic later today

Here is my starting pic
ry%3D400

Last edited:
I just mixed up my new batch of castor, avacado, and grapeseed oil. I have been using this for about 6-8 weeks. And at first I was skeptical...BUT, when I did my BKT yesterday, I could see the growth.

oooohh I just checked the link...if we apply it twice a week does that mean we should also be washing our hair two times a week as well?!? I was trying to do long term low manipulation styles (3-4 weeks)

oooohh I just checked the link...if we apply it twice a week does that mean we should also be washing our hair two times a week as well?!? I was trying to do long term low manipulation styles (3-4 weeks)

no, you don't have to wash your hair twice a week. :spinning:

Last edited:
I got my shipment of castor oil today. If it's too thick I'll just mix it up with some coconut oil (I ADORE) or macadamia nut oil (I LOVE) that I have around. My hair is in PS so it'll be hard to get a good length shot with it though.

smart! :grin:

I don't think that the Castor oil will turn into a solid. I have had it in very cold temperatures and it never has solidified. Coconut oil is what I have noticed it changes to a solid very quickly in cold temperatures. I hope this helps.

great idea, mix it w/ coconut oil. :yep:

Please count me in this challenge, I have never used castor oil before. This challenge will help keep me on track with my scalp massages. For the last six months or so, I have not been doing anything to my hair. I will be using the castor oil from Wal-Mart for now.

Picture taken 2/8/10; my hair was slathered in coconut and castor oil. My hair looks really thin when saturated with oil. Hopefully the castor oil will help thicken it up a bit.

SAM_0073.jpg

Last edited:
Checking in! I applied my Castor, Peppermint, Coconut, Lavender Vanilla Oil mix today and Friday!

My starting photo is in my siggly, I'll be mixing my castor oil with other oil,eo and sulfur. I've been using castor oil for 6 months already and is looking forward to this challenge.

Back