~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

My Castor Oil arrived - YEH - and its completely free because they refunded me both product cost and shipping bc I waited so long !!!!

I already started doing this since Dec 09 and its been a part of my regimen ever since. I might as well join the challenge since this is what I'm currently doing so, definitely count me in!

My Castor Oil arrived - YEH - and its completely free because they refunded me both product cost and shipping bc I waited so long !!!!

Free! the best deal ever! :lachen:

I wanna join....oh please count me in.

Your in, thanks for joining!

Hello!
I would love to join this challenge! How do I get involved? Can you please sign me up and give me a number?

Your in, check pg. 1 for your number.

I already started doing this since Dec 09 and its been a part of my regimen ever since. I might as well join the challenge since this is what I'm currently doing so, definitely count me in!

That's great, you're already a castor oil pro! your in :grin:

Yay I got my castor oil today :yay:
That's great!

I received my JBCO yesterday!!!

Great!

A Tip for Applying Your Castor Oil

Use an applicator bottle with a fine tip, this way you can apply the oil directly to your scalp. A fine tip bottle allows a controlled amout of oil to the scalp. A bottle like this also allows you to mix your oil and apply it to your scalp. :yep:

images

^^You can purchase an applicator bottle like this one at sally beauty or at any local BSS ususally costs $ 0.99 - $2.00

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Not all applicator bottles are best.

images

^^ Ensure that your bottle has a fine tip, the applicator bottles that look like this the tip is to large for oil application which allows for too much oil to seep out and results in an oily messy application. :nono:

I want to join also! I've been applying castor oil in my scalp for a week and my hair looks so thick! I use the regular Home Naturals castor oil and it seems fine for my scalp. For some reason though, I'm not seeing much of a difference on my edges :(

Anyway, will be posting pics soon!

Hope its not to late, I'm game if not allowed to enter. I'm all over it, using Homedics castor oil. I plan on graduating to Jamaican Black very soon.

I want to join also! I've been applying castor oil in my scalp for a week and my hair looks so thick! I use the regular Home Naturals castor oil and it seems fine for my scalp. For some reason though, I'm not seeing much of a difference on my edges :(

Anyway, will be posting pics soon!

Give your edges more time and you'll begin to see a difference, thanks for joining! :drunk:

I'm a get a fresh trim and dominican blowout and post so many pics.....gotta find my castor oil first. hmmm?

Okay so I started to make my Castor oil blend. I will be adding about 50% castor oil with a blend of other african oils but I have a feeling that ish is gonna stink to high heaven. Does any one know where I can get some fragrance oils from?

Thanks !

You ladies are gonna really love what that JBCO can do for your hair!!!

You ladies are going to love the benefits of Castor Oil in general, the JBCO is more organic (closer to its natural state and more potent). As far as the benefits, growth and softness you will see great results whether your using JBCO or another brand the benefits are the same. I've used both JBCO and cold-pressed castor oil. :yep:

Have your results been different Smiling Elephant? Do you see better results with JBCO?

Last edited:
hi SmilingElephant, and i sure hope you are right!:grin:

how long before some results can be visible, according to your experience and others you know?:perplexed

thanks!

For me personally the first signs of newgrowth show up after 3 weeks post and the hair just takes off from there, I notice more growth every week, and by 9-10 weeks the newgrowth is sitting on top of my head like "hi" :lachen:

Last edited:
I noticed a difference after using it consistently for 3 weeks...my newgrowth became more manageable at that point...so i kept being consistent with it and within 3 month i noticed my V had thickened out some...and i took progress pics this month and my hair is the thickness i want....i've been using it for about.......almost a year...like 8 or 9 months.

Check out my Fotki....i have pics from when i started my HHJ to now. :)

hmmmm, from 3 weeks to 9 weeks to 3 months....this is how i will set my progress checks on my agenda!

THANKS BlackGeiesha and SmilingElephant!!!

btw, SmilingElephant, your fotki pictures are FABULOUS!!! you got all that growth in 1 year? i love the bangs, i love the color and trim...heck, i love it all!!!

WELL DONE!!!

I love the fact that I can put JBCO in my hair and it will keep its shine for DAYS without me having to apply anything else.

I love the fact that I can put JBCO in my hair and it will keep its shine for DAYS without me having to apply anything else.

hi LaidBak! i notice you are not too far from me!
where do you find jbco?
the italians are like "jamaican what?!:perplexed
so, i've been ordering from akuawood.co.uk, but it's not jamaican....just regular bco....

thanks!:grin:

I apply 4x a week. I haven't noticed anything yet as i am 5mth post and stay in cornrows under my wig. I think my edges are filling in a little but maybe wishful thinking. LOL

Back