~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

I just ordered the lavender scented JBCO but in the meantime using regular clear drug store oil; it goes on kinda thick but then it just kinda runs down my sides minutes later; I been keeping a paper towel nearby to soak it back up

Here's my starting pic. I took it the day after I cut my hair back to NL and did a braid-n-curl.

Attachments

• DSCN0920.JPG
    DSCN0920.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
Here are my starting pictures (wet hair and dry hair).

I will be using Home Health cold-pressed castor oil purchased at Whole Foods.

Queen you should get a fine tip applicator bottle from sally's. The clariol brand. And apply lightly. The store brand CO is sooo much thicker and sticker thatn JBCO IMO. JBCO is still thick but it can easily be thinned and smoothed out. A little CO or JBCO goes a LOOOONG way. So just use it lightly, so it's not running down your face, OR use it at night time before bed. Ahhh I love (JB)Castor oil.

I just saw this challenge tonight Feb 8th. :sad: I was already going to use castor-so I will just run along side you guys. :look: I really had no idea castor was good for growing hair.:yep: I am using the pharmacy brand. It is really thick. I mixed it with amla, brahmi and a little almond oil. I will take and post a picture within the week. Happy growing ladies!!

Last edited:
Here is my starting pic (a horrible pic on my phone, but good enough I hope). I applied castor oil to my scalp tonight.

Photo_020910_001.jpg

i started applying co last night. I will apply 2-3x a week to scalp. I will also use to seal ends. I posted a folder in my fotki just for this challenge. pics are in there as well.

starting pic apl
P2080117-vi.jpg

I will be using a mix regular drug store castor oil and WGO to my scalp 3 times a week and sealing with just castor oil as needed. I have some breakage at my temples that I need to take pics of, but otherwise here are my starting photos.

^^^^^^ @ NewlyNaturalAgain I love your hair in you siggy.

I've still doing my CO mixed with something or other nightly. I do wish that I could get the time to go out and buy another applicator bottle just for my CO. The two I have are mixed with CO and something else. My edges are seeing the greatest benefit in my opinion.

I apply Castor oil mixed with Macadamia Nut oil every night. Is that too much?

Nope, I don't think it is too much. I use JBCO mixed with rosemary eo nightly on my ng and edges.

Queen you should get a fine tip applicator bottle from sally's. The clariol brand. And apply lightly. The store brand CO is sooo much thicker and sticker thatn JBCO IMO. JBCO is still thick but it can easily be thinned and smoothed out. A little CO or JBCO goes a LOOOONG way. So just use it lightly, so it's not running down your face, OR use it at night time before bed. Ahhh I love (JB)Castor oil.

I wish I would have tried JBCO sooner. I love the consistency soo much better than regular castor oil. Plus it appears that JBCO absorbs into my hair and scalp faster and leaves it less oily than reg. castor oil.

I apply Castor oil mixed with Macadamia Nut oil every night. Is that too much?

no, it depends on your hair. if your hair is overly oily and heavy then it may be too much.

I just ordered the lavender scented JBCO but in the meantime using regular clear drug store oil; it goes on kinda thick but then it just kinda runs down my sides minutes later; I been keeping a paper towel nearby to soak it back up

it sounds like your using too much how are you applying your oil.

i agree, if you have to sop it up w/ paper towels that excess oil is going to waste. try using a fine tip applicator ( i posted some info about this earlier in the thread) or use your fingers for more control.

I've been applying my JBCO 2x a week with the For Roots Only applicator bottle. That thing makes the process so fast! I found it at walmart for 3 bucks. Thanks Traycee!
roots_only_hair_coloring_tool-200-2.jpg

Attachments

• roots_only_hair_coloring_tool-200-200.jpg
    roots_only_hair_coloring_tool-200-200.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 9
Nope, I don't think it is too much. I use JBCO mixed with rosemary eo nightly on my ng and edges.

I wish I would have tried JBCO sooner. I love the consistency soo much better than regular castor oil. Plus it appears that JBCO absorbs into my hair and scalp faster and leaves it less oily than reg. castor oil.
I agree. I really really love this oil. I sprayed my hair today with braid spray and oiled with JBCO and added a little to my cornrows and my hair is still soft.

I've been applying my JBCO 2x a week with the For Roots Only applicator bottle. That thing makes the process so fast! I found it at walmart for 3 bucks. Thanks Traycee!
roots_only_hair_coloring_tool-200-2.jpg

Oh what aisle was this in and what was it by?

I agree. I really really love this oil. I sprayed my hair today with braid spray and oiled with JBCO and added a little to my cornrows and my hair is still soft.

Oh what aisle was this in and what was it by?

I found it on the endcap of the aisle with hair color. I love that little bottle!

Applied my JBCO mix last night, to scalp only. My hair is still soft and pliable despite the extreme cold conditions where I live.

Man I love Castor oil so much I want to put it in everything, my contioners in mixes, just everything. I still have about 4oz of the orginal left but I am going to be picking up some Lavender this month too. 8 oz. can't wait to smell that. Anyone tried the Lavender and know if it works the same?

Man I love Castor oil so much I want to put it in everything, my contioners in mixes, just everything. I still have about 4oz of the orginal left but I am going to be picking up some Lavender this month too. 8 oz. can't wait to smell that. Anyone tried the Lavender and know if it works the same?

This is what I would like to know as well.

Back